urgent advice needed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's great that she is eating something ,nowlet's just hope that she continues toleave her little boo booalone :)

cheryl

Hi! pamela

I really hope Thumper is getting better!:pray: :kiss:

Just a thought: could she have possibly scratched it with her paw? Maybe it was itching really bad.:dunno:

I've seen my bunnies bend in some awfully Weird positions to scratchan itch.:faint:

:goodluck and I'll keep her in my Prayers!:pray: :pray:

MikeE.

"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"
"Involve Me,I'll Understand"

pamelawrote:
going back to vets at 11.15 part of the wound hascome apart i dont think that thumper has done it she cannotreach into the crease of her neck??????

Oh no!:(

Binkie chewed all of her stitches out overnight when she had hersurgery. We had to take her back the next day to have her stitched upagain.
You'd be amazed at how they can groom and scratch places you didn't think they could.
Binkie has almost no dewlap left, yet she still managed to chew herself up.
She's actually just healed up.... again ....from chewing herself a few weeks ago.

Prayers and good thoughts sent your way!!

~Jim

thanks for the replies

the vet put in 5 staples it took him 10mins to do with her awake

i agree she could have scratched it with her paw

she still has not eaten any pellets but she eats hay carrot cabbage

today we bought her st johns wort from a pet store and it helps with healing wounds

Hi! pamela

I'm glad the Vet fixed her up good withstaples,hopefully she won't pull these out:pray:atleast untilshe's healed.

It's great that she's eating thehay which ismorebeneficial than the pellets to keep her digestive systemmoving likenormal.......:headflick::sunshine:

I'm sure she'll get back to eating her Pellets in no time.

Mike E.

"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"
"Involve Me,I'll Understand"

an update thumper has been back to the vets two of the staples had come away on a scab

they took out the staples and gave her antibiotic injection also some gel to help the wound heal quicker

she is eating pellets know

going back next wed to have another injection

That's good that she is eating her pellets again! :D

I'm sure you cannot wait until your baby is all healed!

Lots of healing vibes are being sent Thumpers way

cheryl

That does sound good! I hope she continues to improve! :pray:

BTW are you having a problem with your other account? You can pm me so I can fix it.

hi another update thumper wound has healed lovely the vet is very happy with it she had another antibiotic injection

we noticed that thumper has somesores the vet saida reaction to all the injections used in her operation so wehave ointment for them aswell

thumpers scar has healed up very well remember isaid about two other sores had appeared on her back and the vet said itwas from the injections used in her operation well on salt waterbathing tonight the sore is white and there was pus comingout a little left in it though we have to go to the vetstomorrow to have another injection do you think it will beokay till then

This isn't my area, but I think all you can dois gently clean it out as best you can -- getting the pus out isgood-- and hope it will bean easyfixtomorrow.It's pretty small,right?

Poor bunny! :bunnydance: And poor Pamela! :hug2:

sas

I'm hoping it's nothing serious!

Please let us know how the vet visit went

Keeping Thumper in my thoughts

cheryl

it is an abcess the vet said it has come fromthe injections they were giving her in her op he tried to get the scaboff it will not move he said they will still give herantibiotic jab it will settle down if it does not go awaythey will remove it going back to vet on friday

Back