urgent advice needed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamela

Reaction score
Gone to check all bunnies and foundThumper she has a dewlap with a hole the size of a 10 pence piece. Not bleeding, she is as normal as she always is. Have put a picture on if it's any help...

Can you get to a vet?

That wound is going need disinfecting and possibly stitches. And most likely a collar to stop her from chewing at it.

It may be an abcess that has opened or a self inflictedwound. Either way, a vet is going to have to look at to makesure it doesn't infected or if it's already an abcess, make sure itdoesn't get bigger.

--Dawn

hi back from the vets he has given her fucidermcarbomer gel its for dogs but they have used it before onrabbits cannot puit collar on as it will rub into it and make it worsehe also said to bathe it in salt water he will see her in 1week he does not know what has caused it

Wow! Let's hope that the gel will help heal it!

Will be keeping Thumper in my thoughts,and i'm also sending lots of healing vibes :kiss:

cheryl

We have a bunnie that has anObsessive-Compulsive Syndrome concerning grooming her dewlap afterhaving surgery on it to remove an abscess. The only way to break thecycle for her is to put the e-collar on.
The last time she did it she chewed a1 inch round hole. WhenI found her in the morning I could see that she had been bleeding.
Keeping it clean while it heals is the hardest part.....next to putting the e-collar on the very angry little bun.

jim

the gel is working the wound is healing verywell its taken the hard black crust off and its looking niceand pink we did have a collar and it was rubbingthe wound so we took it off

hi there it had healed up but she chewed itagain the vet has told us to bathe it withsaltwater and keep on with baytril will see her in1 week going to see vet again today it seems to be gettingworse she said she will have to remove it and clean it allinside what are thumpershe is worried that she isonly 8 months old with putting her under any

Oh no.....please do keep us updated.

Sending good thoughts your way...and prayers too.

Peg

Ohh no..poor little Thumper,and i thought everything was going ok too!

How is Thumper going?

keep us updated!

cheryl

sorry about the late reply we picked up thumper at 6.00 pm she was still wobbly on her feet

not eaten at the vets but she had some cabbage about an hour after we got home and drank a little

she is better this morning and has ate bits of apple keeps on going for her scar trying to distract her

Oh i'm happy to hear the operation went ok,and Thumper is home

I hope she can leave it alone long enough for it to heal properly

cheryl

Poor baby! :( Praying for a quick recovery :pray:

Back