Upgrading to a panel cage: how do i do this???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allen Wrider

Reaction score
Hey, everyone, long time no chat. If you read my prior posts you'll see that a while back, I was trying to bond my female bunnies, Quinn and Skippy. Unfortunately, after a long and arduous process where, thankfully, nobunny was hurt, they have been deemed "un-bondable" by myself and several more knowledgeable people who have tried to help me.

Now that they've both been fully grown for a while, I've realized that the space they're living in just isn't enough for them. I want to build my own panel cage, like I've seen on here, realistically building up instead of out since I've only got a limited space, but I don't even know where to start with that.

Please, please help a girl out. I can't stand seeing my bunnies living in a too small space, but outside just is not an option. I just want the most comfort for my girls, they deserve that. Thank you for any advice you can give!

You'll need either xpen panels or NIC/c&c grids. I used NIC grids to build my rabbits a 3 story condo. I used pine 1x2, 1x3 boards screwed together to give the structure stability. An xpen run can also further expand it to give them more running space.

40235-2f3fcce8e1c0e77d6d69b4e051324870.data

If building something isn't going to work, buying a roomy 2 story hutch with some run space(or attached xpen, might be something that could work.

Latest posts

Back