Update on Snowy::

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mouse_chalk wrote:
We got hold of her, and here she is snuggling into Steve. Her face looks like 'Daddy! Please don't take me there!' :? I had a long cuddle as well. I know we sound soppy, we just love her so much and want her to be ok....:p

1218148713.jpg
What a Kodak moment!!!!! Another great example of "men with buns".

slavetoabunny wrote:
mouse_chalk wrote:
We got hold of her, and here she is snuggling into Steve. Her face looks like 'Daddy! Please don't take me there!' :? I had a long cuddle as well. I know we sound soppy, we just love her so much and want her to be ok....:p

1218148713.jpg
What a Kodak moment!!!!! Another great example of "men with buns".
Oh yeah lol! He tried to get her a few times, but she was scared and ran away. Then he said he had to go to bed to get up early for work in the morning, and looked so sad. So I got her lol, and gave her to him. He sat cuddling her and talking to her for about 20mins! You've never seen a man so attached to bunnies, I swear... he feeds them every morning and night too... And he was the primary advocate for getting Snowy and Barney in the first place lol!

Quite often he'll say to me 'Snowy says xxx' or 'Chalk says xxxx', for example 'Snowy wants some fennel' everytime I buy it, and then make out like I'm mean for not giving it to her, or eating some lettuce/greens for myself lol! He'll say 'don't worry bunnies, she does love you, she just wants all the veg for herself....' :shock:

Snowy is currently enjoying a cuddle and a 'snog' with Barney, her husbun...

Thank you so much guys, for all your support! :hug:

Thanks for all your well wishes guys!

I've not heard anything about Snowy yet. They usually do ops and stuff between 12-3, after morning consults, so I've decided to call at 3pm, to check how she is- it's 14.10 here right now.... She got off ok though, with her packed lunch of kale, romaine, parsley, carrot tops, corriander, basil, apple and pellets. Steve said he peeled the apples to make them softer for her to eat lol! :p

Barney is sat in the cage looking at me with very sad eyes, and he keeps flicking his feet at me in distaste.... Poor guy, I always feel so bad for the ones left behind, they don't know where their mate has gone! :tears2:

Thanks again!

Jen xx

[align=center]SHE'S OK!!!!!!

:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

[align=left]She's come round absolutely fine apparently, and we can go get her from about 5.30. She was one of the last ones to be done apparently, bless her! My Snowy does not like to be kept waiting lol! :p

I don't know the details of what they did, as I only spoke to the receptionist, but hopefully we'll see the nurse or a vet later. Steve's getting her on his way home from work, but he's swinging by to grab me (it's on the way) so I can see what they have to say and ask about painkillers etc....

The only sad thing is that it's not raining today and the other 3 are now doing binkies and bunny 500s in the garden :( Snowy loves the garden! :(

I'm SO glad she's ok!!
[/align][/align]

YEY THATS GREAT!!!!!

I'm sure mummy will let her have a play in the garden when she's all better :biggrin2:

So glad she's doing well, have been thinking about her today and kept checking your post to see if you had got any news xxx

She's home guys! :biggrin2:

So far she's VERY groggy, and has been hopping round the bottom of the cage knocking things over and very unsteady on her feet bless. She's currently sat in the litter tray refusing hay and veg, although she did nibble a bit in the carrier on her way home :(

We had a lengthy conversation with Liz, the vet, and made an interesting discovery. They flushed out her tear ducts while she was under, just because it seemed like a good oppurtunity, and her right eye, has an imperforate(sp?) tear duct? Which means that the duct doesn't go all the way through, it just stops. It's strange because I swear that she has never even had so much as a piece of goop in either of her eyes the whole time we've had her! The vet doesn't think it will be too much of a problem, given that she's been fine til now, but it's something to watch.

Her teeth had a lot of sharp ridges on them, which were burred down (that's the right word?), but overall once they could get a look, there wasn't any other major problems with her teeth. They did x-rays and the roots all look fine, no sign of any abscesses etc, which is good. She can't be sure if the runny nose was a cause of that or not, so they took bloods and a swab to check for anything else abnormal, bacterial infections, etc.

She's going back in for a post-op check on Thursday, but sooner if there are any problems obviously. She's not had any painkillers as it was essentially just an aneasthetic, but we can give her some Metacam tonight if she seems uncomfortable at all. She did say that if she continues to look in any pain though to give them a call tomorrow.

Right now she just looks groggy and angry at us! Her nose is all stained from the iodine as well, and the fur around her eye is all wet. The other buns went straight down to see her, and at one point all 3 of them were crowded around her giving her kisses!! :D Mouse seemed particularly intent on grooming her and giving her nose-rubs lol....

I'm about to give her some more fresh veggies to try and get her to eat.... cross your fingers she will! :?

OMG that is truly one of the most beautiful pictures of rabbits I have ever seen

It looks like a picture of "LOVE"

I'm so glad that she came out of it OK. You'll just have to wait to see if her runny nose improves ..if there is not any abscesses orinfection in the mouth, however it seems unlikely that the teeth woul cause a runny nose although they can cause runny eyes.

Has she eaten or drank anything yet.

very glad that she's Ok

..and you should have that pic painted and hang it up:D

Thanks you guys! I'm glad you like the pic- I'm definately going to print it out and frame it- it's only recently that Snowy and Mouse have become close so moments like that are very rare- and even rarer caught on camera :) I had a picture of all 3 of them crowding round Snowy giving her kisses but I had the wrong settings and it came out too dark to see anything :(

She's had a tiny bit of spring greens, but that's it so far... Her nose is all wet from the iodine and saline they've used still, I was going to dab it dry but I don't want to stress her out too much... I may do later though just to make her more comfortable?

Since she's had the aneasthetic, I've got a heat pad in the litter tray to keep her warm, but she's just gone to hide under the coffee table lol...

I really hope she eats something soon :?

That's such a lovely picture. I'm glad she's doing ok and that the vet found the source of the runny nose. Must be really wierd to have tears running down your nose.

How long has she been home? It might take a few hours or longer for her to feel like eating. Even with the painkillers her mouth will still be sore because they have to stretch it wide open to work on the molars. As long as she ate a little- and it sounds like she has- I'm sure she'll be fine.

Well, we popped out for a takeaway (I feel too ill to cook today), and came back and there she was with a mouthful of food!!

:dancingorig:

She's had a good bit of food, not sure how much exactly but at least she's had some :)

she had a good run round the living room- decided that now was the time to have her first go at navigating the Maze Haven :shock::shock::shock: She got halfway through and then turned around and went back lol. She's hopping about a lot better though, she seems to have woken up now.... I say this, but she's currently dozing back in the litter tray again :p

Angela, she's been home since 6ish? And it's 22.10 here now... Also, the vet said that she wasn't sure if the tear duct defect would be causing the runny nose? Does anyone else think it would? Either way, I'm glad that a swab (culture) has been done, if that comes back clear then I'll know it's nothing serious and can consider other possibilities like the litter etc....

Just to say- I've just seen her having the longest drink EVER, and then Steve put their dinner down (our bunnies like to eat late for some reason!) and she dug straight in with all the others! She didn't eat tons but quite a fair bit of veg. I'm not too bothered about pellets at the moment, they're never mad about them anyway, but veg is good! :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back