Update on Sherry's abscess treatment...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad that Sherry is doing so well. I figured that you went back to work and didn't have time to post.

I would guess that you had the car accident because you have so much on your plate right now.

Don't forget to take care of yourself too.

I hope that when you get all the bacteria results back that Randy will read the post as he seems to know meds really really well.

As far asthe hydrogen peroxide I really don't know what to suggest other than to dilute it a lot

You can use betadine in a weak solution for an antiseptic but I don't know about an abscess. I wouldn't use it unless you are sure.

I'm glad that you posted, Cara, as everyone has been thinking about you and Sherry and the broken ac.

Hang in there.:hug:

Hi Haley,

I just noticed today that you wrote asking about Sherry. Thanks so much for thinking of her! She's doing really well :) She went to the regular vet for a follow up appointment and everything looked good. She wasn't able to see into her mouth all that well while she was awake, but she said last time there was a lot of pus (sp?) in her mouth and this time there was none.The cultures came back saying basically that their were just a lot of different bacteria, nothing specific. So, she's stilltaking oral Baytril twice a day and a Bicillin injection every other day.

She is to go back to see the dentist in about 2 months. The very best thing that could happen is that her abscess stays under control (you can't even feel it now) and she doesn't need another surgery...just the medications. That happened to one of my vet's other patients so I'm crossing my fingers it happens for Sherry too. However, she did have bacteria in her jaw bone so I don't know exactly what that means as far as treatment.

She's such an active little girl now! She runs around, jumps on her stool, and jumps up on my knee and on my back....and she's started to groom my leg, it's so cute! She just seems so much more comfortable and her eyes are so bright :)

Thanks again for thinking of us,

Cara and Sherry

P.S. The AC is fixed, but after that my water heater broke and I had to get a new one...and no hot water for two days! Aargh....if it's not one thing it's another!

Oh Im so happy to hear shes doing well. What astong little girl she is.:pet:

Keep up with those injections, they work wonders. Max has been fine for (wow!) 6 months now. I kept up with the injections until a few weeks ago. I did every other day for about3 months and then tapered off to every three days and then none. Im just praying that nasty abscess stays away. The Bicillin was so cheap (bought at TSC) so I kept it up for so long just in case, but he had begun to have some scars on his back from the needle so I figured it was time to stop.

Anyway, keep us posted on her progress.I'll be praying she stays healthy. :hug2:Also, sending some good luck vibes your way (you need a break ;)):clover:

Back