Update on my orphanes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was that the tri one or the broken tort?

I'm so sorry. I wish I knew what was happening..

Peg

This is the little girl who died 2 dys ago from a broken neck. At least that's what it seemed like to me. She had no control over her head, it just flopped around and very little movement behind. i just can't figure it out. The first one to have this happen was the broken tan.

med_gallery_732_157_4158.jpg

Well the babies are 5 1/2 weeks now, I can't believe how much they have grown in the last week or so. I can still feel their spines and ribs but they all have huge bellies all the time. I'm thinking they are thin still because they are growing so fast. I'm free feeding them alfafa hay and pellets. I got my batteries back but I need to charge them so here is a pic of 4 of them. Camera died before I could get the one.

It's a boy! I saw the donut

med_gallery_732_157_14938.jpg

Definately a girl.

med_gallery_732_157_119479.jpg

Another girl.

med_gallery_732_157_94434.jpg

A 3rd wee girl.

med_gallery_732_157_186443.jpg

That other furry thing in this picture is part of my cat Dodo. He is afraid of the big rabbits and completely disgusted with the babies. When they are near him he rolls his eyes.

The other baby is also a girl. The sister to this doe only had the one litter before she passed and she to only had 1 boy in a litter of 8. isn't that strange.

Ooh! Look how big their ears are getting!

Sounds like they are doing well. I am sorry you lost those two- I have had a similar unfortunate occurance with a particularly rambunctious litter. The rest look like they are doing well, though.

Are they eating a lot of pellets, yet? When the I weaned the litter that I was hand-feeding a few months ago, they got the 'big belly, but skinny everywhere else' look until they really started chowing down on the pellets. Once they switched over to mainly pellets they put on weight quickly. Now, at near 4 months, they are so healthy and robust you wouldn't guess they were hand-fed!

I love their big ears! Some of them look like they could fly. lol I'm pretty sure that once they catch up on their growth then they will fatten up. They are very happy little bunnies.

Back