Unusually inactive rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k993257

Reaction score
Hi, my rabbit is normally very active and in her run most of the time, however over the last three days I have not seen her in it once! She does not appear to be in any pain, I cannot feel any lumps and bumps, no discharge from eyes or nose. She is also eating fine, she has come to her food every morning and I tested her with a carrot last night. She does make some funny noises sometimes, is it possible another animal has spooked her?

She lives with another male rabbit who is much younger than her and they have been together happily for almost a year, he is generally less active anyway, despite his age, I think he used to be a house rabbit in his former life as he has an adversion to grass.

She is nearly 10 years old, I can take her to a vet but generally find this a waste of time and money, should I be expecting the worst?
Thank you

Oh dear I hope not ! Keep us updated on any new changes, SORRY i cant be much help im a new bunny owner but I can be here for support ! :) Good luck !

Thanks for your kind words TinaLuvsBo.

No she is kept outside all year round, looking in my guide book, the noise closest resembles muttering. It slike she chattering, quite quietly, she did it for a couple of weeks a while back, and has just started again.

I saw a cat in our garden a few days ago and their ears were up, but they are both completely unbothered by our cat. Could it be something as simple as that?

Tallulah, is all fine again now it seems. She has been hopping about in her run for the last two days like nothing was ever wrong. I think another animal had spooked her, will be out with the Jeyes fluid later to make sure its nothing scary but think it was a cat to be honest. :dutch

Latest posts

Back