Un-litter training?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mollz

Reaction score
Well Domino was pretty much litter trained the second I got him, but the last few days has been weeing.pooing everywhere, so have now had to put litter all over hiscage isntead of just in his litter box (its a wooden hutch and will just smell if he pees all over it with no litter.

Is this because he is getting to his teenage years (he is around 14 weeks old and booked in to be neutered in a few weeks)? Should I just let him get on with it until he is neutered and the try again? Or does anyone know how I can get him back to using a litter box?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hey Mollz, how you doing?

Most likely he is doing this because he is hormonal and now is marking his territory, so this is probably set to stay until he is snipped. Just keep trying though. Maybe start again with the litter training thing, like putting all poos and stuff in the tray, etc.

Good luck.

Hiya Flashy! We're all good, how are you and your buns? Haven't seen you around for a while :)

Thanks for the advice I thought it could be that and the fact that he can probably smell Tilly about and is getting a bit excited :shock::biggrin2:

Yeh, actually Tilly is probably a key factor. I can't remember how old she is, but she could be giving off those hormones. Now you have spraying to look forward too. lol

I'm good ta, and the bunnies, and the babies. Thanks for asking :)

Shes is about 8 weeks, so don't know if she is old enough to be giving of hormones,and Dom is periodically scenting everything in the house lol.

No, that's not really old enough for a girly, but she will still smell of bunny, and he wants everything to smell of him. lol, the joys for you.

Latest posts

Back