Uggg really?! *rant*

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamaya17

Reaction score
OK so before I start my rant I'd like to thank anyone reading through my frustration
OK so about a month and a half ago I started talking to a breeder about French lops, to make a long story short she's Giving me a pair of French lops, not to mention they won 6th and 9th at convention, we were all ready to get the rabbits, but it depended on my dad since I can't drive, this breeder lives about 4 hours away, which isint that long of a drive for how long I usually have to drive to get rabbits, so me and my dad compromised on December 3rd, well that week there was a winter storm warning and my dad didn't want to drive in a storm, which is understandable, but what really ticked me off was he said we'd see what the weather was like that morning, so I woke up at 5 and got ready, and he didn't even wake up! Till like 11, I was so mad the whole day, because not only was it not snowing, it was a beautiful sunny day! So then I start to get exited about the next weekend, but on Thursday night he says we cant go because he committed to roller Derby, Roller Derby! and he's not even in it, and it's just so much more important then what I've been planning for months, so this weekend another excuse, we don't have enough money to drive, I know were broke but were definitely not broke enough to not be able to drive only 4 hours away to get free rabbits, when my dad drives 120 miles every other day just for fun, yeah and not next weekend either because my mom's coming to town and apparently demanding that I spend every second with her, and my dad doesn't want to take care of four rabbits, which is also understandable but the fact that my Moms making me spend all my time with her over winter break is news to me, and it's also very frustrating because over the past. Couple of years our relationship has degraded to pretty much zero, and whenever we spend time together it ends in a big fight unless I bite my tongue every time she says something rude or insulting, so now I have to wait until January third, but there'd still no garentee it pretty much starts again, that every week I ask are we going this weekend and he comes up with another excuse, I don't even know if I'm ever going to get these rabbits, the poor lady probably thinks that our reservation isint even serious, I know that this is a typical teenage rant and patients is a virtue and I should be thankful he's even taking me but it's just frustrating and irritating and I just needed to get it off my chest, so thanks for listening

Maybe you can convince your mum that taking you to get these bunnies is the best relationship building time she will get with you since it's like 4 hours there to talk and 4 hours back... :dude:

Maybe there are some chores you can do in exchange for the trip, or you can earn money shoveling snow or something to pay for the gas. Some way to show your parents that you are serious. They don't seem very reasonable but of course I'm getting only your side of the story.
BYW, It's patience that's a virtue. I couldn't stop myself from pointing that out. Sorry, as I wouldn't have done it if you were an adult.

I know what you mean. I am an adult but I live with my family (except my dad) and it is very frustrating, especially when you are the most mature one (isnt it mean to be the other way around? lol)

Sure, having parents is a lucky thing as a lot of kids dont have parents but if you say you are going to do something then stick to it, especially when a commitment has been made.

Perhaps LakeCondo is right in saying if you put some money in for gas he might be more willing to drive? Does he know that you told this person you will come to collect the bunnies and they are just waiting for you?

With your mum, just tell her you cant spend every waking moment with her as you have commitments, or maybe get her to drive you?

from what I can gather, you have done a very grown-up thing making arrangements with the breeder to receive these bunnies. I'm trying to figure out why your father doesn't seem to be taking it seriously. Even so, if he agreed to all this before, he should stand by his word. I would be bothered also, wondering if the breeder thought little of me.. possibly thinking they were getting "the run around".

I agree that putting in some gas money may persuade him to get up and go.. it's worth a try, isn't it?

Yeah, know how you feel. :/ It's terrible, because then people think you're really unreliable, but you aren't actually, it's just that you've been let down by someone else. :(
I don't know if this'll work or not, but can you try getting your mother interested? It could be a double bonus, because if it becomes a common interest, it could really help your bonding, too.

A couple of things sort of jumped out at me. One is the fact your dad said there wasn't extra money for gas. Will there be extra money, every month, for food? For emergency vet care? Your dad said he didn't want to take care of them while you were with your mom this weekend. What happens when you get the rabbits, and you have to go visit with your mother (it sounds like you live with your dad and see your mom on breaks?)? Your dad doesn't want to take care of them now, who will when you can't be there?

I hope it all works out for you!

Latest posts

Back