Turning over a new leaf...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought I would take a minute to post some pictures I've had in my camera for some time. :)

First: Adventures in the Park

Basic picture of the park:

100_6156.jpg

Something neat we've noticed around here. They put holes in fences big enough for kids to duck through, so they can just come on into the park.

100_6155.jpg

My beautiful girl:

100_6159.jpg

Interesting version of a see-saw at the park:

100_6153.jpg

A really pretty lake down the street:

100_6166.jpg

Em racing down the hill on her bike:

100_6180.jpg

Em and her friend, Jordan:

100_6181.jpg

An incoming storm one day:

100_6184.jpg

We went away, into a soccer field to play ball, and when we came back to the swings, we noticed some footy prints:

100_6187.jpg

I had a suspect:

100_6177.jpg

I tried to get some pictures of us as a family. Hard to do if you warn Danny too much!

100_6197.jpg

100_6198.jpg

100_6200.jpg

FINALLY!!

100_6199.jpg

"Dadddyyyy!!!"

100_6202.jpg

100_6211.jpg

WOOHOO!!

100_6213.jpg

And a pretty sunset picture.

100_6193.jpg

Up next...some pictures of the house! :)

Here are some pictures of the house we're going to move into soon...

Caught Danny's dad in this one:

100_6215.jpg

Lefthand side of the livingroom:

100_6217.jpg

Other photos of the livingroom:

100_6218.jpg

100_6219.jpg

Our bathroom:

100_6220.jpg

And the bunny the couple currently living there has, Martin:

100_6223.jpg

Later on...pictures I've taken of Edmonton! :)

Patti...I thought that was funny, too! Felt like karma. :) Martin was very sweet...he let us pet him as long as we wanted. :)

Yeah, the pictures are just our section of the house. Didn't even take a picture of Em's room (what a dork, eh?), but she has her own bedroom down there. The nook you see in the first picture of the living room is where we're going to section the room off to make a bedroom for ourselves. :)

Oh, I absolutely LOVE it here! It's GORGEOUS! There's so little land, and so little greenery where we were living in California, that seeing so much farmland is like a dream come true! I feel like I'm finally HOME!! :D

I'm happy that you love it up here in Canada. I've to Edmonton lots of times but I haven't seen much of it besides the big Mall.

My sister was living there for a few months and said there's a lot more parks there so she could bike to places if she knew the city better. It's a lot different than Saskatoon where we are.

Wanted to post more pictures (and I'm trying to figure out a way to FIX my now-broken pics above, as I handled some badly needed organization in my Photobucket account, and it broke the links).

These are of the West Edmonton Mall, which I believe still holds the record as the largest mall in the world.

Yes, big enough that it actually has a WATER PARK inside:

100_6135.jpg

As well as a hockey/iceskating rink:

100_6136.jpg

100_6139.jpg

100_6141.jpg

As well as a children's fun section with I think three rollercoasters,

100_6143.jpg

a pirate's ship:

100_6142.jpg

a swing ride,

100_6144.jpg

and other things.

We HAD to catch a shot of the giant picnic basket.

100_6145.jpg

Em's holding her Build A Bear kitty, Comet (she got him for Christmas, which is why he's named after one of the reindeer):

100_6146.jpg

More pictures of Edmonton coming up! :)

Now for pictures from my outing yesterday! I went to the Josephburg Chicken Supper event in, of course, Josephburg (about 20 mins from where I live).

100_6262.jpg

Who was there:

100_6259.jpg

and

100_6260.jpg

Stan was there with his wife, so I got to hang out with them a little, while gawking at the adorable bunnies!

Keep in mind, this was basically a display to show different rabbit breeds...thus, many of the people there were breeders, and had their buns in wire cages, etc. So, these are basically just transport cages.

These babies had to have only been at most two weeks old, and were SO CUTE!!. Keep in mind, the space between the dividers in this particular cage was about three inches AT MOST (to show how TINY they were):

100_6264.jpg

This was a young litter of a dutch/harlequin mix:

100_6270.jpg

I was partial to this little one:

100_6268.jpg

Some photos of the Hoppers:

100_6273.jpg

100_6276.jpg

100_6288.jpg

Please excuse the poor photography. It was just the right lighting in there that I couldn't really catch much of anything well.

A Pebbles look-alike!! (This was a boy bun, though.)

100_6277.jpg

An ADORABLE litter of Canadian Plush Lops.

100_6278.jpg

One of the little chinchilla-colored babies was BRAVE and kept coming out and wandering around (under the VERY watchful eye of Mama, of course). They couldn't have been more than a couple weeks old.

100_6281.jpg

A beautiful Thrianta bun:

100_6280.jpg

Em, watching the Hopping demonstration:

100_6284.jpg

And I have to admit...I fell in love with these cuties. They're four weeks old...and that's Emily's hand with the parsley in it:

100_6290.jpg

Em fell in love with this little girl, a broken chestnut Holland Lop:

100_6292.jpg

And this is a magpie Mini-Rex:

100_6293.jpg

Those three buns were so small, they perfectly fit into Em's hands! They were so cute! I kept kneeling down, and they'd come up and sniff and then bump noses with me. It was so adorable!! I fell for the BEW baby you see in the pictures. He was so sweet! :) Good thing all three were already spoken for! Not that Danny would've let me bring them home, lol! (No worries, folks...I won't be adopting anymore buns for some time.)

And now for some pictures just of various shots I've gotten of Edmonton.

The Edmonton downtown skyline (got it right this time, hehe). We're about ten minutes from the center of town. You can see the Saskatchewan River that runs through town in this shot.

100_6224.jpg

Another shot of the skyline. You can kinda see the Saskatchewan River here.

100_6227.jpg

View next to the freeway:

100_6130.jpg

Another view from the freeway. Excuse the construction they're doing there.
100_6131.jpg

Thought this was funny.

100_6257.jpg

Dandelions!

100_6258.jpg

100_6294.jpg

I've never seen them this tall!

100_6295.jpg

Beautiful sky here.

100_6154.jpg

100_6296.jpg

An approaching storm. I just love catching shots of the weather.

100_6184.jpg

Sunset

100_6193.jpg

They put square holes in the fences by parks, so the kids can duck in. :)

100_6155.jpg

The park we go to. This shot captures about a third of the park. There are parks EVERYWHERE here!

100_6156.jpg

OH! And really quick...I wanted to post a great picture I got of my dad during our last visit with him before we decided to move here.

100_5820-1.jpg

I really love my dad and am missing him so badly. I'm going to call him in a moment here. I had a rough night, because I had some dreams of him passing away...and my reaction. I hate dreams like that.

maherwoman wrote:
Stan was there (Josephburg Dinner) with his wife, so I got to hang out with them a little, while gawking at the adorable bunnies!
Here are some of the pictures of Rosieat the Rabbit Display yesterday.

5upwso.jpg

2e58u92.jpg

33cwzso.jpg

i78zet.jpg

24vla50.jpg

2ih8bqr.jpg

LOL!! You're so sneaky! Danny mentioned on the way home that he thought he saw you sneaking pictures of us. Hehe!!

Looks like a couple we caught the same photo, but at different angles. How neat! :)

That was so much fun...:D

Edited to add: I should mention...that giant stuffy Em's holding is the bunny Stan gave her. She named him Sam, and takes him EVERYWHERE...even sleeps with him at night! :)

maherwoman wrote:
OH! And really quick...I wanted to post a great picture I got of my dad during our last visit with him before we decided to move here.

100_5820-1.jpg

I really love my dad and am missing him so badly. I'm going to call him in a moment here. I had a rough night, because I had some dreams of him passing away...and my reaction. I hate dreams like that.
I called my dad a bit ago...turns out that a few days ago (when my feelings of missing him started to get really really strong) he had a car accident. He's pretty much okay. He was driving his humongous Ford F350 (a HUGE diesel pickup), and the person hit him hard enough that it broke one of the truck's axles. As a result, he's now got really bad back pain that he's going to start physical therapy on tomorrow...but overall he's okay.

It was bad enough that he thought he was going to hear that the truck qualified as totaled...but the insurance company said it's not. The ins. company is paying for repairs, and for his medical issues, and they're going to sue the person to be sure they get compensated for everything properly.

It was so hard...I called him and said, "Are you okay?" and he said, "No", and I just started crying. I'm relieved to know that the worry I've been feeling and the dreams I had last night are just from a car accident, and that he's okay...but it was hard to hear this happened, and we're so far away.

He reassured me (because I was crying), and let me know we'll see each other soon...and to hang in there. I just miss him so much. It'd been so nice to live so close to him, and I feel so separate from him now. I feel like I'm a world away. I worry about his health, since he's had a few heart attacks (one that he almost didn't survive), and being so far away scares me.

Just pray for me (or your own personal equivalent). This is so hard for me...I'm on the verge of crying all the time, thinking about how much I miss him.

Back