Tummy grumbling when drinking

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellie

Reaction score
Hey guys,
So this has been going on for quite a while so I'm not too worried (aka not an emergency.)...as far as I know.
I had never been around Buster a LOT, because I was working, etc. But now that he's in my room and I sleep, study, etc. in here I've been getting more in tune with him.
I realized that EVERY time he drinks his stomach starts to grumble. It's like really gross noises, and they're really loud. But they're ONLY when he's drinking. I know it could be gas, but it makes no sense to me. It's not like it's a few seconds into when he's drinking either, it starts and stops immediately as he starts and stops.

Does anybody know what this might be? I think he's alright because I noticed it like 2 weeks ago when I moved in and he's still happy and binkying around. :)

Thanks!

The same thing happens with my mini lop. He'll eat his pellets in the morning then nap, then a while later he'll finally drink and it's like you can hear his stomach filling up with the water. It's always been like that with him and I've had him a few years and never had any health problems with him.

I had one that always did that when she was drinking from her water bottle. I thought it was the sound of her swalling weird though.

From a bowl. He has one of those crocks that hang onto the side of his cage.

Sooo weird, maybe it is him swallowing weird. I'm just so paranoid about him hehe :)

Latest posts

Back