Trixie's Travels - **She's HERE!!!**

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sooooo excited for you Rosie!! I can't wait until she's at your door. :jumpforjoy:

You've done a really great job in all this!

:bow Be prepared, if need be, we'll ALL be asking your expertise on this if we ever shall need it. Ya never know.

I hope all goes as planned for you. I know how long you've been waiting for this. :goodjob

Aww, thanks, Snuffles!

I don't mind...ask away, ya know? Hey, it's what I'm here for!! :D

Can't wait til I can kiss her furry nose. :) I'll be happy when all the work is done, and I can just enjoy my sweetie.

Yay Rosie and Trixie!:bunnydance:

You are going to have a houseLOAD full of ladies soon! Your husband will feel quite bombarded with all the womanly charms and good looks :D. He wont know who to cuddle first when he comes in the door!

:bunny18:airborne:

maherwoman wrote:
Lol...no...she's flying into LAX. She could have flown into Burbank, but we just decided that it didn't make any difference at this point. :)

missyscove wrote:
Congratulations!<WBR>

She&#39;s flying into Van Nuys? I know that&#39;s the busiest small airport in the country, but I didn&#39;t know big jets flew into there.

(My brother has his pilot&#39;s license, these facts are forced upon me, though he rented planes out of el monte. Another friend of mine is getting her pilot&#39;s license out of van nuys.)

Okay, that makes ALOT more sense, lol. Too bad she can&#39;t see out the windows, I love flying into LAX at night, well, anytime. Once I even found my school out the window.

maherwoman wrote:
Can&#39;t wait til I can kiss her furry nose. :) I&#39;ll be happy when all the work is done, and I can just enjoy my sweetie.

Well that won&#39;t be long now!!!!:colors:

Go to petsmart... ferret section....get a 16 OZ TOP FILL bottle. You actually just pop open te top of the bottle and pour the water in that way...the bottle can stay stuck on the cage. But the best thing is, its not the usual metal ball thingy at the end, it has a different kind of valve thingy and sholdn&#39;t leak at all or at least as much. I use them all the time and they&#39;re freakin&#39; brilliant.

-JAK

maherwoman wrote:
Question...if it doesn&#39;t leak on a normal basis, will it be fine?

Thanks! :D

Rosie*

Good idea, thanks!

Unfortunately, given the timeline of things at the moment, it doesn&#39;t look like she&#39;ll be able to go to a store to get one. Literally, Denise is COMPLETELY packed for time in making this happen on her end...it&#39;s crazy!

Seen as how we realized YESTERDAY we could use this airline, and it was late for Denise when she found out (her home # is all I have, or I would have called her cell), and she still has to take Trix to get her Health Cert for the flight (AND has a dr appt herself). Not to mention she decided last night when I was talking to her, and realized that Trix had a 13hr flight ahead of her, that she needed a bigger carrier.

CRAZINESS!!!

But it&#39;s nice to know that we&#39;re that close to things happening!! :D

JAK Rabbitry wrote:
Go to petsmart... ferret section....get a 16 OZ TOP FILL bottle. You actually just pop open te top of the bottle and pour the water in that way...the bottle can stay stuck on the cage. But the best thing is, its not the usual metal ball thingy at the end, it has a different kind of valve thingy and sholdn&#39;t leak at all or at least as much. I use them all the time and they&#39;re freakin&#39; brilliant.

-JAK

maherwoman wrote:
Question...if it doesn&#39;t leak on a normal basis, will it be fine?

Thanks! :D

Rosie*

Okay, guys.....

Here it is....

She&#39;s going to be arriving here at LAX on Sunday at 5:15pm...my husband&#39;s birthday, haha! :)

So, there ya go...we&#39;ve got 46 hours left to go!!!! :bunnydance::bunnydance:

I think we should all take a moment and give Denise some encouragement, though...she&#39;s feeling really horrible at having to say goodbye to her baby. She went to give Trixie some Craisins tonight, and broke down crying. :(

I feel so aweful for her...:tears2:

I feel bad for Denise at well. :hug2:She has found a great home for Trixie which makes it easier but it will still be hard. So if you need some consoling after Trixie is gone, you knpw we&#39;re here to talk to!

aww Denise, Im so sorry for you. I know this must be very hard. I think in all the excitement with you finding such a great home for Trixie, we forgot that this isnt probably very exciting for you. I imagine it must be very difficult, even if you know shes going to a great home.

Were here for you Denise, and I hope that once things settle down a bit for you that youwill still come to Rowhenever you have time. We want to hear all about this little baby thats coming into your life!

Good luck to you both getting things ready this weekend. I&#39;ll be keeping you guys (and little Princess Trixie) in my prayers.

Denise....you&#39;ve done such a great job in making sure that Trixie will be taken care of in the best possible way. You&#39;re a terrific bunny mommy! Take care...we&#39;ll be thinking of you this weekend.

I just wanted to say that you BOTH are in my thoughts and prayers - along with Trixie.

It is so easy to read this thread and rejoice in the fact that Rosie is getting her...we get all excited about following the "progress" of the thread and rejoicing w/ Rosie and her family - that it is easy to forget that there is also a family that is losing Trixie...and while it is by choice because it is best for her and them....it is still hard. On top of dealing with the fact they&#39;ve made this choice...they have to do the packing of Trixie&#39;s things and all that goes into that. Its tough enough counting down and waiting for getting Trixie and getting everything prepared....but to be counting down and preparing to give her up..must be hard.

So both of your families are in my thoughts and prayers. I know what matters most is what is best for Trixie. But that doesn&#39;t make the waiting any easier for Rosie or the preparing for the parting (and the parting itself) any easier for Denise.

I&#39;ll be glad when this is over with - for everyone&#39;s sakes.

So Denise - I grieve with you over giving up your sweetie

and Rosie - I rejoice with you over being willing to adopt her.

(Now when are you coming to Texas for lionheads again???)

:D

Peg

ohh wow this is really exciting, somehow i missed all of this before and have just been sitting here catching up!!! How exciting, can&#39;t wait tosee some pics of young Trixie once she finally gets to you!! :bunnydance:

This will certainly be a bittersweet experience.

I&#39;ve been thinking about Denise throughout this entire saga, and have been hoping that she&#39;ll be okay.
I still have a picture of Trixie on my desk at work, from when we first started to find a new home for her.

To Denise:
Trixie will be okay. And you will, too. Trixie won&#39;t forget. And neither will you. That empty spot won&#39;t really be empty....just moved to a new spot. You&#39;re doing the right thing for her.
Sending prayers and good thoughts.

To Rosie:
Make sure you keep telling Trixie about her Mommy in NY, and how much she loves her. Lucky bunnie is going to have the love of TWO mommies!!!!!

~Jim

:(I was thinking about this last night. It really makes me sad to think of giving up one of mine even for a good reason.

Denise, right now I want to give you a huge hug. Know that we are all here for you.

Alicia,The buns: Ringo Starr, Samantha Jane, Connor Grayson, Teresa Mekare, Dallas Jinx Jones, Elvis Aaron, Foster Bun Sweet Pea, and the rest of the Zoo Crew

Oh, you better believe it!! That little girl is so loved!! :D And I won&#39;t ever let her forget about her mommy. Denise, you&#39;re such a wonderful mommy to your babies...you will not be forgotten in this new stage in Trixie&#39;s life. She&#39;ll always remember where she came from and who did so much to get her to where she&#39;s at. She will always remember her family in New York. :)

We all love you, Hun...keep strong...it&#39;ll be okay, I promise. And you won&#39;t have a lack of pictures, either! :D So you&#39;ll continue to be able to see her growing up, you&#39;ll watch her become a senior bunny, you&#39;ll still be a part of her life. :)

JimD wrote:
To Rosie:
Make sure you keep telling Trixie about her Mommy in NY, and how much she loves her. Lucky bunnie is going to have the love of TWO mommies!!!!!

~Jim

Latest posts

Back