Travelling with a bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they should be fine without water for two hours - just make sure they're not in direct sunlight so they don't get too warm, since they can't regulate body temp easily.

if you're worried, you can always take a quick break partway through and offer them a bit, but mine go 2h without drinking on their own plenty of times (particularly in the day time when they like to be asleep).

I assume you have a pet carrier for them to chill in. I would pack a ice bottle for them to huddle next to in case it gets hot in the car. You can try bringing a small bowl and a bottle of filtered water with you and give them some every now and then, although that should be fine without it.

A rabbit doesn't need water for that short amount of time. But you might want to take along a gallon of their current water. Some rabbits resist switching their water & [depending how long you're going to be gone] you can either just use the home water or slowly transition to the new.

Water tends to spill from a bowl and a bottle will drip. Rabbits don't tend to drink while travelling anyway.
I would recommend taking a dish or bottle with you and offering water when you arrive. If you do stop at some point, offer water then too.
You can give wet veggies to give them some moisture. Some rabbits will eat on the trip, so veggies will help with hydration. I would not give too much at once incase they don't eat it, then you don't waste to much and they don't eat veggies that have been sitting out too long.
It is good to take water from home. Enough to last at least a few days so you can transition them to the water there. Bottled water can also be good, but you might want to get the used to it before.

Latest posts

Back