TRANSPORT- Chicago Ridge Rabbits (IL) RESOLVED

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So who am I meeting in Vandalia and where? I can take as many carriers as needed, I have a van that I can fold the seats down on. Do I take Peaches and Delilah to Vandalia, or give them to the person I am meeting in Charleston?

Haley & bellapsyd, I will need to check with the shelter on Monday, but I believe I can do an early morning pick-up and still make a 10a.m. meet-up in Darien.

gentle giants, I owe you a long PM. Think I'll have to arrange a separate transport for our exchange.

lagadvocate wrote:
Ok so Angoragirl...Haley said you would prefer STL to Union. That's fine with me, I will plan on doing Vandalia to STL.
Sorry just saw this! Angoragirl is having trouble getting on the forum. Ive been emailng with her and things are all set on her end. I'll get you her email address and phone number so you can get ahold of her.

I'll work on getting meeting locations set up at each point. Can everyone please PM me your telephone number? I always make a master list and send it to everyone in these transports so you can call the next person if things change..

I was also looking at the map- I think it would make more sense for bellapsyd to meet BlueFrog in Chicago Ridge since she has to drive that way to get to Gillman anyway, correct?

Heres the updated route:

UPATED 8/13/08

Chicago Ridge, ILto Union, MO. Scheduled for Saturday, August 16, 2008:

10:00 AM to 11:30:
Chicago Ridge, IL to Gilman, IL: Filled by bellapsyd

11:45 to 1:30:
Gilman, IL to Charleston, IL: Filled by Kpink
1:45 to 3:00:
Charleston, IL to Vandalia, IL: Filled by Gentle Giants

3:15 to 4:30
Vandalia, IL to St. Louis, MO: Filled by downtownbuns

[align=left]4:45 to 5:45
St. Louis, MO to Union, MO: Angoragirl???[/align]

[align=left]Arrive in Union, MO (meeting Leaf) at about 5:45-6:00 PM.[/align]

[align=left]PLEASE NOTE: The times listed (ex. 11:45 to 1:30) are the times of transit. If you are the one doing the driving, please be at the location 15 mins before the listed time (so 11:30 for a leg leaving at 11:45). This allows 15 mins for handing off the bunnies, pictures, etc. Thanks![/align]

I don't mind going to chicago ridge, however, I have never been and am not familiar with that area at all. If you say it is on my way, then sure thing!! This is how I will be going to Gilman from where I live, so let me know if it fits in here (or maybe I can meet on my way to pick them up somewhere if it does not?)-

75th street-cass ave-I55S-I355S-I80E-I57S

if chicago ridge is somewhere on that route, please let me know! I can tell you for sure if I have an exact address for the shelter?

Haley- were you looking along the lines of me taking I55S-294S-80E-57S?

It doesn't matter much to me :) The 355 overpass was newly opened and there is never traffic on it the way 294 has it so it will be quicker, but I don't oppose to taking 294 if that helps out more. I'm agreeable to whatever!

bellapsyd wrote:
I don't mind going to chicago ridge, however, I have never been and am not familiar with that area at all. If you say it is on my way, then sure thing!! This is how I will be going to Gilman from where I live, so let me know if it fits in here (or maybe I can meet on my way to pick them up somewhere if it does not?)-

75th street-cass ave-I55S-I355S-I80E-I57S

if chicago ridge is somewhere on that route, please let me know! I can tell you for sure if I have an exact address for the shelter?

Haley- were you looking along the lines of me taking I55S-294S-80E-57S?

It doesn't matter much to me :) The 355 overpass was newly opened and there is never traffic on it the way 294 has it so it will be quicker, but I don't oppose to taking 294 if that helps out more. I'm agreeable to whatever!

To get to AWL: Take I-294 South and get off at 95th Street (going East).Go onto Harlem Ave Southbound. Take Harlem untilyou get to Southwest Highway and make a left (there's aThornton's gas station on the left corner). Once you make a left,AWL is on Southwest Highway on your Right. You'll see the sign and can't miss it. It's next door to a banquet hall called Nikobees I think. If you go passed Nikobees or over the bridge onto Ridgeland, you've gone too far. Let me know if you need any other directions. I adopted both my rabbits from there and live in the area so I'd be happy to help with directions. I also used to live in Chicago Ridge in an apt. with in walking distance from the shelter. :)I'm sick today, so I'll be around.

Yeah, you'd have to take 294 but maybe BlueFrog could meet you somewhere right near the expressway offramp if shes familiar with the area?

It looked like it was kinda on your way-whereas if BlueFrog comes to Darien its NW so the opposite direction of the transport. http://maps.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTExNmIycG51BF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEc2VjA2ZwLWJ1dHRvbgRzbGsDbGluaw--#mvt=m&lat=41.474053&lon=-87.84504&zoom=9&q1=Darien%2C%20IL&q2=Chicago%20Ridge%2C%20IL&q3=Gilman%2C%20IL

If meeting in the Chicago Ridge area is out of the way maybe theres somewhere inbetween that would work?

You guys know the area better so I'll leave it to you to work out where you want to meet- just let me know in case I need to adjust times. Thanks!

no problem! 294 it is! :)

I PMed blueFrog to discuss the details with her! I'll let you know Haley what the estimated time will be if anything changes, however, I do think that maybe to be safe you should push the times back 15-20 minutes?

I know Gilman straight shot from my house is one hour 40 minutes, so to account for the (never ending) construction maybe make my transport 10-11:45? (I'll plan on picking up the buns before 10 if that is ok- my actual drive to gilman should start at 10)

Hey bellapsyd.....I will be in Gilman around 11:15am waiting for the buns. Hayley is working on the meeting places, correct?

I think she is, but 11:15 will be too early- 11:45 will be more like it. I am leaving at 10. If that is too late for you, no problem- I'll see if I can pick them up earlier. I think Haley has the proposed transport schedule posted a few posts up.

I know I gave you directions above via Harlem, but you can also get their via Ridgeland. Here's a map (the blue directions is for Ridgeland. Red one is mine). You still get off the highway at the same place.

Here's what Google maps suggested:

Take the 95th St/US-12 E/US-20 E exit 0.3mi

Merge onto W 95th St/Ulysses S Grant Memorial Hwy/US-12/US-20 1.4mi

Turn right at Ridgeland Ave 0.7mi

Turn right at SW Hwy
awldirections.jpg

Great! I started the transport from Chicago Ridge so you should try to be there a little before 10. We have to wait to hear from Blue Frog that that time works.

If anyone knows of heavy contruction along the route please let me know so I can adjust times. The times I used were an approximation based on what Yahoo Maps tells me ;)

Im PMing people now to get meeting places set up. :)

No, no...that time is fine, I am just thinking since I'm not familiar with that area, it would be better for me to plan on being there at 11:15, so I don't have to make you wait for me.....it's fine. I just don't want to be late so figured early is better......I am about an hour and a half or so away from Gilman, so I will be starting out around 9-9:15. If I am waiting on you, that is not a problem at all.

Haley, Angoragirl do you guys still have my cell number or should I send it out again? There is a very slight chance I may get a new cell phone this week and if I do I'll send out the new number as well.

Will anyone else along the way need my number?

Angoragirl - once again you're a lifesaver. You were with my boys, and once again...

All of you are wonderful! I've never met a more fantastic bunch of people... life savers, all of you.

BlueFrog, any idea of who and how many will be coming? Everything should be in order here. Any spay/neuter reports?

I'll be working this Friday night (overnight) but the timeframe looks perfect. I didn't know how it would come along but arriving here later in the evening is actually great for me because I'll get a little sleep beforehand... maybe, my excitement level will be pretty high!

Im still waiting to hear from Melissa, Angoragirl. I really hope Sat works for her- she was going to get back to me. Shes having trouble with her internet so I hope to hear from her soon.

Leaf, if you dont mind sending me your phone number it would be abig help just in case. I always like everyone to have eachother's contact numbers just in case anything happens along the way. Butif you dont feel comfortable sharing, feel free to just be sure Angoragirl has it so she can call you.

Im so glad this is all working out so well! Bunny people are the best :)

Haley

Sending safe travel wishes to all of you with your precious cargo of bunnies onboard. Travel cautiously, safely.

Please offer those rescues the best of care. Take a digital cam for one or two quick pics, if time?

Guardian Love to ALL involved in the run so well-mapped, planned by Haley and lovingly monitored, undertaken, by RO members. Cheers!!

:highfive:will put something in the transport fund for you, :blueribbon::brownbunny

Guys, I just heard from Beth (Lagadvocate) and due to an unforeseen family emergency she wont be able to help with the transport. She feels just awful but she's in no shape to have to worry about this.

So, does anyone know anyone else in the St. Louis area who would help? I'll check with Angoragirl to see if she can cover the whole two legs but just in case lets start asking around.

Please keep Beth and her family in your thoughts and prayers. We'll still make this work!

Haley

Latest posts

Back