TRANSPORT- Chicago Ridge Rabbits (IL) RESOLVED

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been trying to catch up on this thread and I'm lost...

How many rabbits are traveling? Which ones are they?

I know one is blind- and one is a NZW.....

Not that I want to adopt any....just curious to figure things out.

I'm so excited about the way this is all coming together.

Eleven rabbits - one crate is double-packed!

One NZW
One blind spotted doe
Two LionheadX, one blue/white, one black
Two black lops
One orange lop
One highly endangered small spoiled black bunny
One REW buck
One REW mini rex doe
One adorable young cinnamon bunny

And due to the swap with Catnap, this transport will also be responsible for saving a gorgeous little dwarf spotted buck who had just arrived (along with his three adorable offspring, but they're so young and tiny I'm sure they're safe).

The only rabbits remaining at AWL & still unspoken for are the three dwarf babies (two black otters, one spotted who is a dead ringer for dad), a third black lop buck, two more black lionheadX, and a black Dutch(ish) buck.

In Catnap news, Peach, Fudgie, and Kato have all found homes.

Now if you all will excuse me, I'm going to notify one soon-to-be-very excited adopter that I found the bunny of her dreams at SSHS, and bed down the rabbit, the guinea pig, and the two doves I picked up there.

Thanks to your amazing packing prowess, we did indeed get out all the high risk ones. I don't know how much of my conversations you overheard, but those rabbits were at extremely high risk. Without going into details, the tiny babies are safe for more reasons than just their age, so that leaves only three additional cages of buns. And by getting the rabbits out, we almost certainly bought more time for the cavies, who will be my next "project." Anybody want a guinea pig?! How 'bout two, they're small. :biggrin2:

i hope the 3 cages of bunnies get out! I didn't overhear anything-and I'm glad, i'm rather sensitive to bunny issues!

I saw the one set for a spay/neuter left (white with broken black sports) and I knew aobut the babies (but babies usually go fast). I wish I had been able to fit more- but 11 bunnies is good!

Not to keep obsessing over the baby cinammon in transport (can you tell I would have taken him home if I didn't already have 5-and 2 more years left until I finish my doctorate and can actually AFFORD more rabbit care?!) , but- he's SUPER friendly...I sat with his carrier on my lap and stuck my hand in and pet him the whole way, he just stretched out and close dhis eyes for some lovin! I hope to post my pictures of it soon!

Safely handed buns to gentle giants around 1:35 or so........letting that little mini rex doe go was kinda hard....with her curly whiskers......she would stretch out and close her eyes for a little nappy poo.....and close her eyes when I would pet her. Now I know what y'all mean about the rexes and how soft they are........

I also liked the lionheadX's.......lol but I stayed strong. I came home and gave my boys lots of lovins.

Have wonderful lives in your forever homes, buns!!!!! BINKY FREEE!!!!!!!!!!

All 10 carriers and 11 buns delivered in St. Louis. Now on the final leg to Union. Pictures to come.

I'm baaaaack! Actually, I've been back for a little while, I wanted to eat my Steak n' Shake carryout first, LOL. Leaf, I am so totally in love with the little blind girl, I was almsot crying when I handed her over. Take good care of her for me,ok? Anyway, here are pics.

Charleston meetup! That's yours truly on the right, Kpink on the left.

003-2.jpg

Lottsa lottsa bunnies in my car!

001-1.jpg

Driving down 57. That sky was too gorgeous not to snap a pic. Also, that RV on the right tried to run me off the road a minute after I took this, so now I have documentation, LOL. Hubby made a very sarcastic comment about the safety of me taking pics while driving too, BTW. :p

004-3.jpg

Just got back from handing them off to Leaf for the last part of their journey, can't wait for them to be able to get out of those carriers and stretch out!

We've arrived safe and sound!

I have a lot to do before I can post much, but you guys are amazing!!

11 tired bunnies to sort through and I'm exhausted myself but today has been well worth it.

Updates soon...

Photos862.jpg

Wow I just got home and saw the good news that everything worked out ok! 11 bunnies! Yowza!

Cant wait to see pics of them all!

OMG that Mini rex is beautiful. I've never seen an all white Mini Rex.

Look forward to many more pictures of all the new babies.

Susan:)

Back