Tradegy Strikes again

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabby

Reaction score
Over the summer Crescent developed a lump on hishead, it was flat and round and bout the size of my pad on mythumb. We lazered the whole thing off, stitched hisskin back together, which pulled on his ear because it was a tight fit,and let him heal..a few days later he over heated and had developed aninfection.. the lump had been sent to the lab....

So meds, and living in AC was made to order. He spent the Summer andall this winter living in the livingroom. Because in theSummer thats where he could be in AC. he healed up and was lookinggood, lots of scar tissue around the lump removal site, but he waseating like a pig and acting his normal self... then December struckand his lump was growing back at a rapid rate. I watched it creap uphis ear half an inch in 24 hr time. and it spreed rapidly, down hisface and iunder his chin/jaw, across to his oppsit ear and suroundinghis eye.. all that could be done was to keep him comfortable.. I forgotto mention earlier that the results came back a non dangerous tumor,but that the rate of this rapid regrowth it very much was acting like acancerous tumor.. he started having a hard time keeping weight on, andSunday(jan 2nd)he was hunched and starting grinding histeeth. I had kept him as comfortable as I could untill then, but Icould not ask him to live through pain just because I wasn't ready tosay goodbye.

He rode in my lap to work, and I never let go of him untill he passed over the bridge.

tHe livingroom seems vastly empty now, i came home to an empty cagehtat needed cleaning, there is a 28x42 inch spot on the floor missing acage that had been there for at least a good 6 months.. but moreimportantly there is a hole left in my heart of loosing a baby boy whowas but only a youngster to me. Crescent has missed his 5th birthday,and he missed seeing our new house that we should be moving to in under2 months time. i know he is with his family members who have gonebefore him and his dearest brother Dorian who passed on due to a heartcondition. And I realize he has opened a spot in my heart for somebunnyelse in need, but I wish I could be selfish and keep him here forever.

Awwwww. Gabby, I'm so sorry. You gave Crescent such a wonderful life filled with love. He's waiting for you at rainbow bridge.

Lanna

[align=center]
rbt15b.gif
[/align]
I am so sorry to hear of your loss Gabby.

Megan

It is really tough to lose a baby. I'mvery sorry. I will never understand why ourinnocent babies have to get sick and leaveus. He sure was a cutie.

- Dolores

Dolores Lindvall wrote:
It is really tough to lose a baby. I'm verysorry. I will never understand why our innocentbabies have to get sick and leave us. Hesure was a cutie.

- Dolores
it's harder still that i have lost 2 so close together....I fear I willloose my "old man" every day. 11 yr old bunny. i told the vet he's beenlooking old since he was 8 and every year i don't think he'll seeanother birthday, but yet he's still here, infact he's gained weight9agood thing, he free feeds now)...so maybe he'll live forever. I canhope so at least...

thank you lanna21974 and Meganc731

I'm so sorry Gabby. I just read the story andcried. I wish there was more I could say. You do so much for rabbitsand it's doubly hard that you've lost two so close together.Ijust hope your 'old man' does live forever, or at leastfor along time yet.

Much love

Kate

Oh Gabby, You just told me about littleCrescent! I know how much he'd suffered and how good you wereto him. I'm so sorry for your loss.

It's so hard sometimes to let them go when it's too much to keepliving. It doesn't seem fair to see such a sweet little guyhave this happen. I'm just glad he had the love of someone sodedicated and caring to their pets while he was here.

I'm sure he's in heaven doing binkies in the lush grass...... he's free of the pain.

I am so sorry about your baby passing. You did all you could.

Cristy

I was so sorry to hear this sad news, Gabby.

So happy you had brought Crescent upstairs for the last fewmonths. I know how many extra treats that little one got andall the love you showered him with. Bless your heart fortaking such wonderful care of him and giving him such a fulfilling andloving life. You definitelymade the right decisionfor him.

My heart goes out to you at this very difficult time.

Much Love,

-Carolyn

I'm so sorry to hear of Crescent's passing. Hehad a tough time recently and you obviously did everything possible.Not only medically, but emotionally. You loved him and I'm sure he knewthat. It's so hard when they go.

And they do live forever...in our hearts.

Thoughts and prayers to you and yours.

Jim & the crew

Gabby,

I am sorry for your losses. It seems to have been a roughwinter for alot of pet owners. It's always hard tolose a beloved pet.

Jen

As I am sitting here at work reading this, Icant stop the tears from welling up in my eyes. What a great loss, Ihope over time your heart will heal and all the good memories ofCrescent survive. My deepest sympathy

this shirt of mine is going straight to thw washmachine, i'm sitting here wiping my eyes with it.. very chocked up..Ihave only gone into the livingroom to open the shades thepast couple of days...Promise (dog) is acting very mopy and depressed,i dunno what to do with her... maybe some time with herfavBunny will help, i'm not sure.. this has been where shehas been the last 6 month if she ws in the livingroom.

Gabby wrote:
thisshirt of mine is going straight to thw wash machine, i'm sitting herewiping my eyes with it.. very chocked up..I have only gone into thelivingroom to open the shades the past couple ofdays...Promise (dog) is acting very mopy and depressed, i dunno what todo with her... maybe some time with her favBunny will help,i'm not sure.. this has been where she has been the last 6 month if shews in the livingroom.
Gabby, is Promise an Aussie or a Border Collie? Can't tell for sure if she's either actually.

What if you brought another bunny in as a house bunny ?

Back