Toys?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tierlakay

Reaction score
I was wondering what type of toys you have for your bunnies and if you have some pics to share with me to give me some ideas?...

Also do all rabbits play as in older rabbits (6 months +) or is it mostly the younger ones???

I have a few plastic pots and some toilet rolls in their day cage and they just aren't interested...

I've tried a bunch of different things but my bunny doens' t really "play" with too many things. He likes wicker baskets/balls, grass mats, or anything he can chew and shred up like that. He also really likes shredding up old phone books.His favorite thing is a toilet paper tube, sometimes I stuff it with hay. Cardboard boxes are also a big hit. He likes then with just a little hole in them big enough for him to fit through. Or sometimes I've built him a cardboard box fort(attach a couple different sized boxes together) and hes loved that.

I"ve tried a couple different bird toys, or plastic toys but he didn't like those. The only plastic toy he's ever played with is a big plastic chain(bird toy)that I tied to the side of his cage. He didn't like it being attached to his cage, so he would spend a long time throwing it around and pulling at it.

I like to stick to things that are cheap and easy. Old phone books and toilet paper tubes are free and everyone has them :p

There most definitely is not an age limit on bunnies playing with toys. Rabbit's are extremely curious individuals, so usually they play with most items (even things they shouldn't!) however, some need to have just the right toy. Here is a picture list of all the toys I provide my bun's.

The following can be purchased through petsmart.com or in store:

Ware Manufacturing Jumbo Nature Ball

pPETS-4885520t400.jpg

Super Pet Bunny Shake n Chew

pPETS-3760137t400.jpg

The following can be purchased online at petco.com or in store:

Small Animal Kingdom Rabbit Maze

4258379891B.jpg

Try things that cost almost nothing first, haha. Like get some baby keys at Walmart forlike a dollar, they love those. Also, make a "Hidey House" of cardboard, they love those too."!

Get a small box and cut a door out in it and put it in their house, if you are making one of the NIC cages, where you have the room for it.:?

Latest posts

Back