Toronto Rabbit Show!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamnock

Reaction score
Link to the Trillium Rabbit Breeders Association

http://www.trba.ca/

I've noticed that we have a number of Toronto members on the forum and thought they might enjoy attending a show in nearby Aurora.

Pam

Cool!! I had no idea we had shows this close. Oh no... this means I will be tempted by the bunnies... noooo...

I see you're going to be a judge!! If I go I will make sure to come by and say HI!!

NOoooo... there's going to be mini-rex there!! I am dying for a mini rex...

_________
Nadia

Please do stop by and say "Hi"! - Would love to meet the RO members!

Pam

Here's what I look like:

pamnockjudging.jpg

Hi Everyone,

I'd just like to remind you all that the deadline to get your entries in is tomorrow (Wednesday) at 9pm.

You can email me(Jen) at: [email protected]

If you're new to rabbits, please stop by and say hello!

Thanks for posting this notice Pam! I had no idea this site exsisted! It's terrific!

Wish I could be there.

If it is a Double Open Show, why do I see three judges listed?

Here is a picture of Bing Harris when he was in Edmonton for the Northlands 2006 Show.

33js76v.jpg

Rainbows! :)

Pet_Bunny wrote:
Wish I could be there.

If it is a Double Open Show, why do I see three judges listed?

Here is a picture of Bing Harris when he was in Edmonton for the Northlands 2006 Show.

They are probably having us all judge show A, then we'll all be doing show B. Some shows hire separate judges for double shows.

A couple weeks ago, I judged at a triple one-day show! There were 7 judges that judged for all 3 shows.

Pam

I love the Judging tables that are used in edmonton! If anyone has plans on how to build those, I'd love to see them! It's great not having to hold your hand over ur bunny;s head!

And Yes, we are expecting a large entry and 3 judges would make the day go faster!...hopefully.

pamnock wrote:
A couple weeks ago, I judged at a triple one-day show! There were 7 judges that judged for all 3 shows.
Wow, that must of been a lot of rabbits to have 7 judges. :shock:

We are having a Quad Open (Edmonton) in August with 4judges. However it will be spread out toSpecialty Sanctions (Fri), Double Open (Sat), and Double Open (Sun).

I am charging my camera batteries for thatright now. :D

Pet_Bunny wrote:

Wow, that must of been a lot of rabbits to have 7 judges. :shock:

That's generally what we have inmy area of the US with most shows averaging over 1000 rabbits. I judged at PA state convention where there were approx. 30 judges and over 10,000rabbits/cavies entered!

Judges handle of average of 200 rabbits per show.

Pam

pamnock wrote:
most shows averaging over 1000rabbits. I judged at PA state convention where there were approx. 30 judges and over 10,000 rabbits/cavies entered!

That is mind boggling. I have trouble making it through the day with our small shows.
And I'm there justto take pictures. :surrender

Kudos to the judges that put on a great show.

Rainbows! :bunnydance:

HoneyPot wrote:
Cool!! I had no idea we had shows this close. Oh no... this means I will be tempted by the bunnies... noooo...

I see you're going to be a judge!! If I go I will make sure to come by and say HI!!

_________
Nadia

uh-oh, Nadia's going to come back with a bunny :D

Haley wrote:
HoneyPot wrote:
Cool!! I had no idea we had shows thisclose. Oh no... this means I will be tempted by thebunnies... noooo...

_________
Nadia

uh-oh, Nadia's going to come back with a bunny :D

Today, I said to Neil "So.. want to go to a rabbit show in Aurora on teh 14th?"

He said.. "I don't know... the last time we came home with one..."

:D If there's anything that can make him get a 3rdbunny... it's a rabbit show.

Jentlelops wrote:
I love the Judging tables that are used in edmonton! If anyone has plans on how to build those, I'd love to see them!

Here are some pictures of the tables.

3yo8v9x.jpg

The front where the breeders puts their rabbits in a hole.

2vlrwwk.jpg

The front view of the rabbits and the judge.

47a1l04.jpg

The back view, where the judge is working.

As you can see, the tables can break down to smaller sections for easy carrying. There are 6 to 8rabbit holes in one section and they are placed side by side to make a row. The table top is lined with a rubber matting and the legs come off for moving. And a redcurtain covers the front of the display.

If you want to see picturesfrom this show ... I can give you a link.

Here is the over all view of the hall.The red curtain tables along the wall is the judging table. The blue tables is where the breeders keep their rabbits.

4cicxl0.jpg

I know this may not sound much better. But it's only 3 hours and 45 minutes to aurora from North bay :)

Does it help any?... didn;t think so.

We're going to the show tomorrow morning! I mentioned we should take a carrier 'just in case'. Do breeders usually have bunnies for sale/adoption at shows if you don't specially arrange it ahead of time?

Wow! The club did a fantastic job with their first show! The building was very nice and the award stable was quite impressive - the trophies and the hand painted awards for the specialties were awesome!

Everyone from the club was great and I had a lot of fun judging there. It was very exciting to see the nice quality of rabbits shown.

Was funny at the end - I didn't know that there was some serious competition between the owners of the rabbit I had chosen for 4 class(French Angora) and the rabbit I had chosen for 6 class (Flemish Giant). ;) The wife owned the Flemish and the husband owned the Angora. What an exciting day for them at the club's first show! I chose the impressive Flemish for Best In Show.

Pam

Back