Took Tony to vet today for a check up and got this in exchange...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CKGS

Reaction score
IMG_2972.jpg

IMG_2968.jpg

IMG_2969.jpg

She was about to go to shelter. She isn't officially ours. I am going to try to rehome her or that's what I keep telling myself. I got suckered in especially when I heard her name- Abby. :(

She seems very sweet so far and very outgoing. I've never even petted a rex before. The coat is soooo different. She is 6 months old. I don't know alot about her other than she is very cute. I don't know why I let myself get put in these positions.... She is not what I had in mind when I have been thinking about adding a big rabbit. I wanted to get another Flemmie possibly but until she's rehomed the flemmie will be put on hold.

In other news though Tony is doing well and the vet was pleased with him. He was a BIG hit at the vet office. He is so outgoing and everyone loved him.

She isn't really meant to stay. I am hoping to just be able to find her a good home. She is such a soft sweet little thing. I am hoping it won't be too difficult.

Oh my goodness! She reminds me of my Jasmine, good job! I wonder if she would work with your friend? Wouldn't that be awesome! :)

I'm not sure luck is the word. Lol. My vet knows what a big sucker I am and when he mentioned the pound was her next stop I jumped in feet first. LOL.
Now that I have thought about it, I don't think he would have even sent her there. See, sucker.

I called my friend to come see her and she is going to adopt one of the rabbits from the list someone posted from petfinder. She is VERY excited. I am happy for her and whichever bun she chooses but would have been a good place for this lil girl.

Boy, Tony is a huge sucker. He has groomed her over and over and he bows his big self down to get the favor returned and she snubs her nose at him and yet he raises back up and grooms her again. Lol. Poor big fella.

BTW- Tony is a whooping 11 1/2 pounds! Is this normal for a flemmie? He is about 11 weeks old now I think?. That seems sooo big to me. The vet laughed at me because I had tried putting him in a fabric carrier to take him today and the handle ripped off from his weight. Lol.

CKGS wrote:
moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot-2.png
She and Tony have been introduced and he is grooming her alot. She seems to love all the attention. He's a sucker too.
Looks like to runs in the family. :rofl:

CKGS wrote:
Boy, Tony is a huge sucker. He has groomed her over and over and he bows his big self down to get the favor returned and she snubs her nose at him and yet he raises back up and grooms her again. Lol. Poor big fella.
LOL. See she's meant to STAY :)

Awww she's gorgeous! She looks like my Phoebsie girl! Tony sounds adorable, I want a Flemmie... We were considering getting one but ended up with 2 pound Ned instead :D

I will probably be rehoming her still as she isn't exactly what I want when we get another bun. I know that probably sounds horrible but I am pretty sure of what I want.

She is a great little girl and I am trying to talk my friend into adopting her as I think she would be wonderful for them I think. Her and her daughters have a thing for little Kate though and can't really see past her. I wish they would. I think this little girl could be the answer for them.
They haven't found what they are looking for at the shelters. Again she kept mentioning Kate and how she wanted one like her. I told her that an older bun would be better for her as far as being already fixed and litter trained- hopefully.

Too bad she wasn't already spayed. I find her very pretty. I can't afford another spay:( daisy and rascal are gonna put me back over $500. Emmy will already be spayed.

I definetly don't want to push you away from adopting a shelter bun but my vet that I use is $75.00 for a spay. That is real, real good from what I understand. I am getting Tony fixed asap. They won't until he is 6 months old. Then Kate will be going in for hers. I forgot to ask about females. I wonder if the spay is still the same age.

Latest posts

Back