Tongue Piercings

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
undergunfire wrote:
SweetPeasMommie wrote:
Did anyone go by them selves to get it done? I don't really have anyone to go with. If you all recommend me having someone with me then I probably will wait until my best friend returns from California.

I went with a friend because I felt more comfortable doing it that way. If I went alone, I probably would have chickened out.

It all depends on your personal preference.
I went my self for my navel. I passed out because I was worrieda bout my mom for a moment. But now that I am not living with her, it is not a problem. I will think about it. I will make my mind up by the weekend.

I was just showing a friend of mine the ink your getting and telling him about how your going for your piercing...saw how you asked if you should go alone.
He has one himself (tongue) and used to do some piercing,.. and had this to say.

Going alone shouldn't be a problem. He feels it is better to bring somone with you for as he puts it, the giggle factor. Don't jump into the first place you find, don't go with a place because it is flashy. Find out how much exp they have, if they have any certifications. Pay attention how they treat you. If they act like you are a bother or seem snotty in anyway, do not go with them. Look for another place.
Ask about the sterlization techniques. If they have an autoclave or if they order the tools sterilized, and go for the place that uses an autoclave.
As long as you make sure to get pierced by someone who is clean, using good tools and take good care of it you will be fine.

He had his tongue done for ten years now. He had it pierced with a 14 or 16 gauge and is now using a 10. He says starting out with the 14 or 16 is best so it gives your mouth a chance to get used to it. Make sure to eat before you go to have it done.
He says crushed ice is good, it keeps the swelling down. Rinse your mouth out with listerine after everything you drink and eat for the first 4 days. He says there is some sort of oral cleaner the piercer should be able to tell you about. In the first week try to stay with soft foods, it will be much easier to chew.
He says it is really easy and just make sure you clean it a lot. Before bed, after eating and drinking, when you wake up...he is stressing clean clean clean.

These were just his opinions and I thought it might be helpful for you.
We both wish you good luck (and he said HAVE FUN!)

Orchid wrote:
I was just showing a friend of mine the ink your getting and telling him about how your going for your piercing...saw how you asked if you should go alone.
He has one himself (tongue) and used to do some piercing,.. and had this to say.

Going alone shouldn't be a problem. He feels it is better to bring somone with you for as he puts it, the giggle factor. Don't jump into the first place you find, don't go with a place because it is flashy. Find out how much exp they have, if they have any certifications. Pay attention how they treat you. If they act like you are a bother or seem snotty in anyway, do not go with them. Look for another place.
Ask about the sterlization techniques. If they have an autoclave or if they order the tools sterilized, and go for the place that uses an autoclave.
As long as you make sure to get pierced by someone who is clean, using good tools and take good care of it you will be fine.

He had his tongue done for ten years now. He had it pierced with a 14 or 16 gauge and is now using a 10. He says starting out with the 14 or 16 is best so it gives your mouth a chance to get used to it. Make sure to eat before you go to have it done.
He says crushed ice is good, it keeps the swelling down. Rinse your mouth out with listerine after everything you drink and eat for the first 4 days. He says there is some sort of oral cleaner the piercer should be able to tell you about. In the first week try to stay with soft foods, it will be much easier to chew.
He says it is really easy and just make sure you clean it a lot. Before bed, after eating and drinking, when you wake up...he is stressing clean clean clean.

These were just his opinions and I thought it might be helpful for you.
We both wish you good luck (and he said HAVE FUN!)
Thank you very much for this.

I have one place I truly trust they are a bit more than the tipical price you normally see. They charge 55 dollars. But I went to them when I got my navel done. They are very clean and very patient. But they maybe busy to where I may have to wait. I might wait until spring I might not. Who knows.

Everyone on another site keeps giving me stuff to what can happen to me. lol

Oh one question can they turn me down if I had a few teeths that have some cavities in it right now. I will be going to the dentist this summer for it once i move back to pgh. I take care of my teeth very well. just a few has it that is all.

No problem...I like to help where I can. :)

He had said to mention not to feed into the "bad" things that can happen stuff that people throw around. Sure there have been times when things go wrong, but you never know the how and why of it. I myself have heard the stories, but have never actually met one person out of all pierced people I know have anything more than an infected belly button, which they weren't cleaning right.

Anywho...since he is still here I can have him answer your questions:

They shouldn't turn you down for having cavities, but if you are going to have work done on your teeth he says you should have it done first, and then let it heal. You would have to take it out when they work on your teeth and the hole could close from it within the first 4 years. So a safe bet is to make sure you take care of your dental issues first so you don't run into any issues. Make sure you let yourself heal from any of the dental work competley before you have your tongue done.

Good luck!

Also he said 55 sounds rather high...

Orchid wrote:
No problem...I like to help where I can. :)

He had said to mention not to feed into the "bad" things that can happen stuff that people throw around. Sure there have been times when things go wrong, but you never know the how and why of it. I myself have heard the stories, but have never actually met one person out of all pierced people I know have anything more than an infected belly button, which they weren't cleaning right.

Anywho...since he is still here I can have him answer your questions:

They shouldn't turn you down for having cavities, but if you are going to have work done on your teeth he says you should have it done first, and then let it heal. You would have to take it out when they work on your teeth and the hole could close from it within the first 4 years. So a safe bet is to make sure you take care of your dental issues first so you don't run into any issues. Make sure you let yourself heal from any of the dental work competley before you have your tongue done.

Good luck!

Also he said 55 sounds rather high...
That is why I mentioned that about my teeth. I was concern if it would close up rather quick even if it was 4 or so months later to take it out for a bit. It is only filling though.

I will ask the piercer first as well. My mom and I are working on getting my insurance back. If I can get it soon then I will get an apt right away to get my teeth fixed then tongue pierced.

I've left my tongue piercing out for hours and I have only had it pierced for about a year...and my hole never closed. I'm highly doubting you need to wait at least 4 years before you can take your piercing out for an hour or two of dental work...as long as the piercing has been done for the amount of healing time (4 months sounds good).

$55 is actually a good price, providing that you are working with a good, proffessional piercer here.

I can see leaving it out for a day or few days yeah. But for an hour or so that would be a problem.

What happens if I left it in there and they tried working on it. lol I was just curious. lol

Trust me, you will be able to put it back in for an hour or two while they work on your teeth.

They will most definitely ask you to remove any mouth jewlery while they fix your teeth.

I know that would for safty reasons. I hear that if you ahve metal in your mouth and they use the electric machinery it can cause an electric jolt.

Latest posts

Back