Titan!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok here are some pics!!!

this is before his big brushing...I got all the long old hair of while he let me brush him for about half an hour...toes got trimmed as well!!

DSC09899_zpsa2f66aac.jpg

DSC09914_zps54147d3e.jpg

DSC09921_zpsb25aba35.jpg

out side trying to play with the dog while i cleaned out his hutch
DSC09926_zps3021a7e5.jpg

and here he is being a good boy being brushed!!

DSC09934_zps6b83c333.jpg

DSC09930_zps10eb89ce.jpg

DSC09941_zpsc24780a9.jpg

DSC09938_zps7a7caff4.jpg

and I got some shots of his under coat coming back darker..it even has gray swirls in it! ..Im starting to think most of the really white fur is from not being able to shed properly for so long.
DSC09935_zps1d63e890.jpg

DSC09956_zps9e1ff439.jpg

Enjoy!!!

Wow, what a difference and his coat looks so healthy now, he´s got such thick fur. In that last picture, it´s such a beautiful colour.

It´s amazing how well he´s coming along and how relaxed he looks, he really was a very lucky boy.

Awh he is a lovely bunny!! I love how your mother in law hinted at making him a house bunny. I actually think its much easier to keep a rabbit indoors than it is outdoors.... That and it's much easier to bond closely with them

Oh, he just looks so soft and fluffy after you brushed him. How can you resist snuggling him all the time? So is his fur really super soft? That is interesting about his coat coming in. Maybe it's cause he is healthy now and being well cared for. It'll be interesting to see if his whole coat comes out matching his face color.

Thank you everyone!!!

he is a pretty awesome bunny and it is hard to not cuddle him all the time...he just wants to chase the cats and lay around.

So the next step on his grooming is perfecting my bunny ninja grooming of his tummy...it will be fun but really needs to be done, he still has some mats on his tummy and hind feet.

I have been reading up on grooming angoras...but i cant seem to find an answer to my question!!

can you over groom?.. the hair on his back that is darker is kinda a flat coat fur..and while im brushing him im not pulling on it..just brushing gently and it comes out. Im guessing its from not being able to shed for so long so all the old hair is coming out but all of the wool is coming out his back where you see the darker color. Its doing the same on his body but with the wool so short it does not come out as quickly.

he still has a bit of a sneeze but it has gotten better sens switching his bedding to straw..but i did notice a little big of boogers when he sneezed while being groomed, If it does not clear up soon I will be taking him back to the vet..probably will anyway to make sure he is gaining enough weight.

anyway I love seeing everyone's responses !!!

and YES he is every bit as soft and fluffy as he looks...its like petting a super super soft thick cotton ball..and the brushing!!!!!! its crazy..brush a bit..lift 1/2inch of fur and brush a bit more..repeat till massive size bunny is all fluffy ..and a bit annoyed. but I really do enjoy grooming him.

..I will try for pics when i try for his tummy later today ^_^.

Last edited:
so his sneezing fits have gotten less, he still does it and today I noticed some white mucus coming from his eyes..just a little bit so I called an got an appointment with our vet..one of our female kittens is due to be spayed so we got an appointment for Monday morning to get Titan looked at...:( I hope its nothing bad.
DSC09970_zps52d283ac.jpg

He is just adorable. Hope his eyes get sorted, I´m sure it´s nothing serious but better to get it checked. I find that mine sheds all the time. I groom him every day and always end up with quite a bit of hair but he´s suffers his grooming time now but doesn´t really enjoy it and it is difficult to do tummy and around his bottom. It´s amazing how much they do shed, i always worry about my other two grooming him and ending up with tummy fulls of his hair.

let us know how he goes on at the vet.

..So I have been reading allot on how to groom these bunnies, so i just put it in to practiced and it lasted a solid 10 mins until he was done with it. I was very inpresed I got a few mins worth of working on his hind feet and the mats on them..he is a bit twitchy if you touch his tummy to long..but he is ok with is feet..he twitches when I touch his lower back butt area just like his tummy...seems like hes just not used to it.

he even let me take a few pics.
DSC09972_zps680ccf58.jpg

DSC09973_zps46d7609d.jpg

I noticed while holding him he was wheezing slightly..witch makes me worry even more I am glad I got the vet appointment....crossing my fingers for it to be just a cold or something.

Lol, poor Titan. My buns hate it when I put them on their backs to trim nails. 10 min. is pretty good though, considering it's his first tummy grooming session. A few of my rabbits will sound a little wheezy when on their backs, but I think it's cause they get nervous and tense up and breath faster. Hopefully whatever he has isn't too bad. The vet will most likely put him on antibiotics for a while.

Oh, I just love his little face when he´s on his back, it is so darn cute, that little mouth.

Mine hates me grooming him while he´s on his back but I have to have him there for about 10-15 minutes to check around his butt and comb his feet. it is hard work having a bunny with so much hair but they do look so nice when you look after it.

Thank you everyone!! I will update after his vet appointment!

Litter training is going well....I have done nothing bug given him access to a pan and he uses it.

another question though, Today when i flipped him over I got a strong whiff of a skunky smell out of his back side?...is it something i should be worried about?

Last edited:
Haha, it's those nasty scent glands! You can take a look and see if there is some buildup and clean them out if there is. It's the fold of skin between the anus and genitalia, on the sides. There is one on each side. If there is a kind of waxy buildup, then you can use a q tip in there to moisten it up and clean it out.

good to know, he has gone back out side for the night after a 4 hour romp with the cats, but tomorrow during grooming time I will see about the glands and clean them out.
..he has been a bit moody today didn't want to go back in his hutch even with his treats.

Oh, those scent glands, I call one of mine skunky cos I´m sure they can throw out a smell from those just like a skunk and it´s like a sudden burst.....OMG what a whiff. I clean them out from time to time and it´s not a pleasant task lol.

MM so still progressing on his tummy grooming..70% of the mats on his stomach are gone as well as his back feet...he continues to keep changing color!!

all of his new fur coming in under his current coat is darker..or at least a different color..tans and creams and grays and carmaley colors ...crazy I really think its from lack of care in the past and lack of shedding

Its going to be very interesting to see how he turns out!

DSC09987_zps36317822.jpg

DSC09985_zps2d4d94b8.jpg

oh and here is a pic of his fluffy butt!!
DSC09983_zps4973ebed.jpg

and one of him lazing around
DSC09984_zps71db3773.jpg

Question: can you over groom them?

Last edited:
so Titan has started to shed allot!! It has been warmer up here the last few weeks...and all the head fluff has fallen out when I groomed him...lol well most of it.
DSC00019_zpsdcba40d0.jpg

DSC00018_zps9e4fd50b.jpg

DSC00016_zps6bac6afa.jpg

DSC00015_zps5299463c.jpg

DSC00010_zpsda472929.jpg

DSC00007_zpsea8579c0.jpg

DSC00006_zps94689fcb.jpg

BTW if you all have not noticed I love taking pics and sharing them!!

same question still stand.. Is it possible to over groom him?

Glad you love taking pix, I enjoy them! Titan is still a beautiful bunny! Love his coloration!

Back