Titan!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaosu

Reaction score
Finely got around to making a blog for my big boy!

Titan is a rescue, that my Fiance convinced me to call on, the day of my Birthday.

he was rescued from a family who was going to toss him out to the coyotes after months and months (even years) of neglect. She took him home..tried her best to clean him up and offered him up on Criaglist to a home who could take care of him.

he is said to be two..and as far as we can tell he is aether a french or a satin angora.

here are pics of him when he first came to us.

his ride home
rabbit.jpg

his out side home.
DSC09643.jpg

showing love on the first day
DSC09645.jpg

he is soo big!! (before being shaved at the vet)
DSC09648-1.jpg

DSC09646.jpg

DSC09649.jpg

DSC09647.jpg

outside.jpg

I tried my best to cut out the mats my self..but I soon realized he was much much worse than we thought.

the vet was surprised how horrible the mats were...over 3 inches in some places!...the vet said he was a little under weight but seemed in decent health, another summer with such neglect and he would of been a goner, the matting had started to rub sores on his poor skin :(
(to many pics for one post!)

being shaved ..he was super calm for the vet!
halfshaved.jpg

mats.jpg

pile.jpg

shaved-1.jpg

he is such a silly boy, he as started binking for us!
loves his inside time for a few hours a day, gives kisses and cuddles and chases the cats!

he has some more mats to be brushed out..but he as so much energy from being kept in a cage for so long its hard to brush very much but we are working on it!
DSC09681.jpg

DSC09680.jpg

DSC09677.jpg

DSC09670.jpg

DSC09665.jpg

and some of my favorite photos!

..we have come to realize that what we thought was dirt on his face is swirls of light gray marking that streak his face.
DSC09678.jpg

DSC09658.jpg

..and Miyuki (white and black ) and Nyx ( black)..."hiding" from Titan ^_^
kitties.jpg

he is not box trained yet, but he does not pee in the house, has yet to chew on anything..or be scared by anything! he comes when called and loves to chase us around the house.
Him and one of our younger cats have started playing tag.

I feel so fortunate to have been able to rescue this bunny..he has turned out to be more than i could of ever imagined!

<3 loves for Titan and many many more updates to come!

I just this little boy, he´s gonna be such a furry ball like my Bandy. great to see him getting on with the cats and looking so comfy in his new home. He´s been so lucky to end up with you and seems to be settling in so well and you seem to be really taken with him. It´s always makes me so happy to see another happy bunny in his new home.

Lol, I just love the picture of the cats up on their shelf hiding and looking down to see where Titan's at. Too funny that it's the cats that are afraid of the rabbit and not the other way around! That's so nice that one of the kitties will play with him. I bet the other cats will get used to hm being around too. He's such a cute little fluffball and seems to have settled into his new home so well :)

Oh my goodness Titan is awesome! His color is so pretty and wow, that is a bunch of fur that came off him. He really does look very calm through the whole thing though. What a sweet boy.
Glad he has a great new home with you!!!

Thank you every one he really is a joy! more pics to follow..tried working on brushing him more today, but he gets annoyed pretty quick and turns around and takes the brush from me!!
..he watched me for a moment and goes zooming off! ...lol I think he is telling me he is done and its time to chase a cat..or go lay in a cold spot on the floor.
So far he can only be in the house for about an hour before he gets to hot to do much other than lay around finding cold spots on the floor.

still a sweet heart if you make kissy sounds at him and run down the hall he speeds around the living room and comes zooming after me!..he loves to run and has now started to binky every time he is let loose in the house...aaahh this boy is so amazing <3

He sounds like he´s really adapted to you quickly and it´s great to see he´s so happy.

It will be interesting to see him with more fur. I bet he´s an even better looking boy when he´s got all his coat instead of half haha.

ok Quick update on my brat!!

and yes he has become a brat!..so he does not like brushing very much..witch might turn out to be a problem ..BUT once he has been in the house for about an hour he gets tired and just flops around, he does let me work at some of the mats in his fur, I can normally only get one cut out at each rest time but we are making progress.

he is now fully relaxed in the house..everything he can reach is something to sit/lay on and the one of our younger cats Goose plays tag and wrestles with him!..Its so amusing to see he is 2xs her size the rest of the cats like to follow along after them as they play, or just sniff him when they are all standing around.

hmm lets see pooping has gotten less in the house now in about an hour and a half i pick up maybe a dozen, but we will start working on box training soon. The weather has been nice so Titan has had lots of out side yard time, Its so adorable to watch him bink around!..gah im so in love with this little mischievous bunny!

If i try and brush him he turns around and grabs the brush from me and flings it ...*sigh* we shall work on it!

more updates and pics to come Thank you everyone!

I cannot get over his tail. Oh my gosh! The little tuft on the end! And it sounds like he knows he's been rescued. How awesome to hear he's being such a lover. And a brat but a lover too.

I cannot get over his tail. Oh my gosh! The little tuft on the end! And it sounds like he knows he's been rescued. How awesome to hear he's being such a lover. And a brat but a lover too.

I know right?..I love his little shaved tail ^_^ and all of his shaved bits.

his body hair is growing back very quickly...but still has chunks missing as i take out the smaller mats around his head and belly. By this summer I hope he is mat free and his hair can grow back some what normally ^_^ its amusing watching him get all race car bunny around the house with his puff ball tail fuzzy feet and Mohawk.

He sounds like a character. With mine and grooming i have this tall bench that is where I groom them. So they know that's what is happening when I put them up there. I give them a toy distraction and always reward with a treat when I'm done. At the beginning, even if it was only for a minute or two I just wanted them to know this has to happen and good things will come at the end :)

So is Titan an outdoor bun? You mentioned pooping when he's inside and starting working on box habits. I was just curious :)

Sounds like he is settling in well :)

He sounds like a character. With mine and grooming i have this tall bench that is where I groom them. So they know that's what is happening when I put them up there. I give them a toy distraction and always reward with a treat when I'm done. At the beginning, even if it was only for a minute or two I just wanted them to know this has to happen and good things will come at the end :)

So is Titan an outdoor bun? You mentioned pooping when he's inside and starting working on box habits. I was just curious :)

Sounds like he is settling in well :)

yes he is an outside bunny, he gets much to hot in the house after about an hour maybe two. Once he goes back out side he lays out in the cool air to cool off.

Lol, some of my rabbits do the same thing when I try and brush them, trying to grab it away with their teeth. Try something like what Lisa does with her rabbits. Put him up on a bench or small table where there would be no where to hop around to and difficult to hop down from, but you also have to make sure he doesn't try to hop down if it's high up. You could always try keeping his fur clipped short(if the outside temp is warm enough where you live) if you don't want to deal with so much brushing.

12 poops in an hour and a half isn't bad at all. Some of my rabbits will leave 12 poops in just the first 30 seconds from when I let them out to play, haha. After just 5 minutes it looks like a poop bomb has gone off!

Alright everyone!!!

I have been super busy with life but I thought i should update you all.

His fur is starting to grow back nicely you can run your fingers threw it now! I will have to get more pics of him soon.

The more he relaxes in to everything the bigger of a brat he is and I love it..he is nosy, and loves to wrestle with and chase the cats, been giving him a verity of veggies and some fruit every day...he is gaining weight nicely witch makes his vet and us very happy!
He now binkies up and down the hall bouncing of the walls and all over EVERYTHING when he is brought in side, but after an hour or so he is to hot and lays around on the cooler tiles for a while before zooming off to chase a cat, he thinks he has to be on top of everything and its a battle to keep him off the bed...Its really funny to watch 3 cats come racing around a corner in to the bedroom and a rabbit on right behind them..the cats leap on to the bed and he leaps with them!..crazy bunny.

Its starting to get nice out here..so he will be getting lots of yard time in his large round pen while i work on my garden!

Question for you all, he does not seem to drink much water? a few ounces a day but he is eating fine and pooping just fine so im not to worried but just want to know if this is normal.

anyway..ill get more pics, he is in the house almost everyday for about 2 hours or so..no box training yet ..he has peed on the dog's blanket a few times :p

more pics soon!

Lol, just picturing this big fuzzy furball terrorizing your cats and chasing them all down the hall, is hilarious :) He's such a funny rabbit.

The drinking thing might be normal for him. Some of my rabbits don't drink very much and some drink a ton. If he drinks from a water bottle then you could try giving him a water dish to drink out of. Rabbits tend to drink better from a bowl. And the peeing on the dog bed just sounds like Titan is trying to mark it as HIS, haha.

I find there's a lot of variability in the amount of water the rabbits drink, and now that they're in my bedroom I've realized they do a lot of that drinking at night! The water bottle keeps me up at night. As long as he's active and peeing I wouldn't worry too much about how much he drinks. If he's eating fresh foods, remember that they have a high water content as well.

How cute that he's relaxing and showing off his attitude. :)

so..I have new pics but my photocucket is being crazy on me at the moment so they will have to be uploaded later.

so litter box training has started, with great success!!

..but he likes to use the cat boxes and not his :(...but we are working on it, he has not had an accidents in the house for a while other than a few poops when he first comes in the house.

Grooming is going well, I put him up on a cat scratching post that is about the right height and he can grip it, I need new brushes now that his fur is growing in its super super thick..so better and new brushes are in order. The smaller mats I have been working on around his neck are all gone, and it seems as he gets heather ( gaining weight quickly) his fur is much healther and seems to resist matting if i just brush it a little. His nails are kinda long..so that is the next step is starting to trim his nails and get at the tiny mats on his stomach and under his arms. But it is progress! and he is turning in to a lovely brat of a bunny..stubborn and super smart, He already knows witch rooms he is not allowed in and stays out of them even if a cat he is chasing or playing tag with runs in to the room.

he gets so excited when I go out to his cage now he starts grunting and jumps in to my arms to come in the house....the mother inlaw has hinted and bringing him in as a house bunny ^_^ it went something like " aww he is such a lovely bunny its a shame to have him out in all that straw...and he is such a good bunny" ...

hopefully I will have pics soon.

OH! ..is it normal for the fur to grow back darker?.. under the white fluffy fur is a darker but still lighter than his head tank coming in..as well as more of the gray striping. ..Ill try and get pics of it.

Lol, I think it's actually pretty common that really smart rabbits can also be a little bratty. I think it goes hand in hand. I once had a really smart rabbit. She was a pain in the butt to deal with sometimes cause she was always getting into trouble, because she was so smart and clever :)

That is sooo cute that he jumps into your arms, and he sounds so well trained, haha. Boy did you luck out :) Well, if you do make him a house bunny, you have the hard part all taken care of. He sounds like he is just naturally litterbox trained. That's usually the toughest part of having a new house rabbit... Oh, I may have have mentioned this before, but if you use clumping litter for your cats, you just want to be really careful about Titan even getting in their litterbox. Clumping litter can be injested when a rabbit grooms, then it can cause a GI blockage in the digestive system, which can be fatal.

I would be soooo tempted to just keep him shaved. Angora fur sounds very labor intensive. Makes me kind of glad I have short haired rabbits :) I guess having a really fluffy rabbit can be fun too, especially for snuggling :) The fur changing color a little, is pretty normal I think. I know with a molt, a rabbits fur can come back in a slightly different shade.

Can't wait to see new pics!

Back