Time it takes to clean (help)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newworld191

Reaction score
It takes too long to clean my rabbits cage. Please send help. My parents want me to get rid of my rabbit due to this ..

Don't know how many times we can repeat the same thing. ..

Stop using shavings at the bottom of your cage and get rid of the wire bottom. Get a large litter box. Put wood pellets (not shavings) in the box and top with hay.

With this set up, you will only need to clean the litter box out every 4 days or so - easy peasy. Just dump the box, wipe out and refill. The rest of the cage floor (which should be solid once that wire bottom is removed) should just have some fur or hay there that can be wiped in seconds, once per week.

I've linked several times how to set-up the litter box to make clean up easy. With just one rabbit, that set-up should last up to a full week -- no odor during that week!

Here's another link showing a sample of cage cleaning.

I don't understand why you seem to be resisting the advice being given. Perhaps you don't realize just how effective a litter box and wood pellets will be. I can assure you that my litter box does not have any odor whatsoever for a full week. It is just a matter of following the plan I explain on my website here.

In case you didn't see the following part of my reply on a prior question, I'll paste it here:
If you need to, let your mom know that you've been learning better ways to get rid of the odor. All you need is a cheap plastic box from wal-mart (about $5) and the pellets (about $5). [Measure your cage from front to back (inside measurement) to see how large of a box can fit. Ideally, it will span from front to back along one side of your cage.]

You’ve been given fab advice and replies on every single one of your threads, most of which all concern the same question. Really, give what they have suggested a try, and if you aren’t able to provide a better environment for your rabbit it might actually be in your best interests to rehome to someone who can.

Latest posts

Back