Thumper AKA fuzzy butt!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are certainly more stubborn than me and I can be pretty stubborn!

If she is going at the carpet she may stop a moment, may even hop off a ways but as soon as I walk away she goes right back at it.

It's a beautiful day out. I so want to be outside doing something. It's sunny and in the 70's although now we have some pretty strong winds but that's typical. I know it's not going to last as On Sunday it's supposed to get cold. I wish it would just stay like today for a few months.

I finished the giraffe. I made it so it doesn't stand but thought that might be better as she can put it on her bed or such.

100_4728.jpg

100_4732.jpg

100_4733.jpg

Wow that is great, bet she will love it.

Weather here has been great, was 24C yesterday but a cold front coming for the weekend so some showers and much cooler. Nice for a change.

I hope so. I'm so excited to get it in the mail to her. I've kept it a secret so she'll get a nice surprise. I'm not big on sewing but do enjoy sewing smaller stuffed animals now and then since my kids were little. I also once made my son a small pillow (the size of a throw pillow) when he was a baby. As a toddler he carried that pillow around with him every where he went. I can still picture him clearly.

I'm so done with cold weather. We just had more sleet, ice, freezing rain now a few days of warmth and back to winter. Usually we only get snow once or twice a winter.

You should be so pleased with the result, it is so good, you could sell something like that. Wish I could see her face when she gets it, I bet she loves it.

Another lovely sunny day here again, never know what to put on as it´s difficult to gauge the temperature until you get out and I usually end up being hot by the time it get to lunchtime.

I can understand that so much cold weather must be wearing. But at least, it´s will be such a relief when the good weather arrives.

I got the giraffe in the mail this morning and was pleasantly surprised that it only cost $10. I kind of wish I hadn't gone though as I saw a dead young bun on the road. The people have goats, pigs, chickens, a couple of dogs, guineas. Behind their house I saw some rabbit hutches but they're in bad shape. They do have quite a few buns running loose.

All of the ones I have seen are larger buns. I know there is a white one with larger brownish spots, a white one with black spots, a black one and I believe hubby has seen a white one. The poor little one was black and still has the fuzzy baby bun fur. It's a good thing I don't live near them or I am sure I would always be trying to catch buns.

I let the girls out today. I had to clean their cage anyway since somebody peed outside the litter box. As soon as I started getting ready Thumper got excited and started rattling his cage door. I knew he wouldn't stop until he was let out so I decided to give him some pellets so he'd stop. Well as soon as I got close to the pellet tub he went crazy. He goes back and forth in his cage almost constantly periscoping including in his water dish. I looked over and there he was standing in his water dish. I have a feeling he might like swimming. He never cares if he gets wet and spraying him with a bottle is a joke.

Then we had our normal cage cleaning bit. If I don't respond to his nose nudges he will dig at my leg. He did lay his head on my lap a while as I gave him nose rubs. Then when I went to reattach his water bowl he pushed himself in front of it so I have to pet him because he completely blocks the space.

That's a really good price for the postage over here it costs a fortune.

Thumper just cracks me up. I wouldn't be able to do anything with him for laughing, he sounds like great fun.

I'd hate to pass by a place like that. I hate to see animals in places where people don't look after them properly, can never understand why they have them in the first place.

I thought it was. I sent my son a package that was a lot smaller a few weeks ago. It did weigh more but I used a flat rate box which means you pay a specific price for that size box no matter what it weighs. It cost $23.

He does make me laugh. Sometimes it is a little annoying that he won't just let me get the work done quickly but who could be mad at a sweet, fuzzy boy that just wants love. Well love and all of the pellets in the world.

The speed limit there is 35pmh but I always go even slower past that place just to be safe. I'm sure these people don't see the animals as pets as we do. The goats I know they sell and those that buy them do so for meat but I still don't want to have to see poor bunnies on the road. I feel bad enough seeing wild animals hit by cars.

Another good start to the day. It was below freezing out and to make it worse windy. The bus for the twins was running late. The transportation dept. for the school did call but I missed it.

Although the kids are almost always dropped off late in the afternoon, the bus does sometimes show up early in the morning. We are supposed to be out there ten minutes early or at least that is what the school suggests but we go out 15 early. I did call the school after a while which took a few minutes. All told we were out there for 43 minutes.

Laverne looks funny. She has shed before but right now her face is molting so she has those funny lines across it. She already looks silly since she looks like she has a piggy nose. Her fur is very light right around her nose and thin so she looks like she has a little pink nose.

I'll be calling the vets this week to get the ball rolling on having Isabella spayed. So it will be two down, one to go.

That's a cold day, can't remember what those days are like. I bet you were freezing after standing there for that long.

Poor Laverne, give a girl a break lol. She will grow into her new style :p

It has ben a couple of busy weeks. I volunteered at the book fair at school. I ate lunch with the twins afterwards the one day. Had a headache that I finally woke up without this morning, since Monday.

I had to make an extra trip to Walmart on Tuesday. After being at school all day on Monday I came home to find the dog got sick. After cleaning that up I went to vacuum and the bottom front of my vacuum broke off. Hubby has been fussing at me to buy a new one since it would no longer stay upright on it's own so when I wanted to use the hose attachment I had to lean it against me otherwise it would fall over and hit me.

All of the buns and the dog run for their lives when I vacuum now. It does sound different then my old one but I know they'll get used to it soon as often as I run the thing.

I let Thumper out to run around the bun room, den and dining room the other evening. He went crazy! I haven't seen him binky in so long that I thought he had just gotten too lazy to anymore but he was binkying and running around like a crazy boy. I guess maybe he has some spring fever himself.

I bought two black raspberry plants yesterday. I can't wait till they grow as I have been wanting to plant some for years now but kept not getting around to it. I'll probably do that tomorrow.

I guess spring has finally arrived. It's supposed to hit 81 today. I need to mow my yard but it's mostly wild onions and weeds that are needing cut not the grass. Maybe I'll be able to let the buns get some outside time this weekend if it's not too hot or too busy. I will either set up the X pen on our front porch or back patio.

I got to see some baby ducks and chicks at TSC yesterday. They are all so cute! The twins class at school has hatched 40 chicks. The teacher does it every year. She then finds homes for them after they are so old. Although this year she plans to keep four for herself. I was talking to another lady that volunteered and they ordered chicks. I'm thinking we might do that when we are ready as the company will sex them which I would like because I don't plan on having any roosters. I have enough in life that keeps me from sleeping without throwing a rooster into the mix.

It has been interesting here lately.

Yesterday some people were over including a young girl. At one point she needed the restroom so I was holding onto our dog because so many people are afraid of him. We have adults that come over and will not come inside because of him. He's big and excitable but really does like everyone, well except evil MIL's. Ha!

So I was trying to drag him along with me as I walked to show her to the bathroom. She didn't shut the door behind her and of course one of the cats snuck in. I'm not sure if she went into the bunny room or if her meow started it all but the buns freaked! I let go of the dog as the girl was in the bathroom and went to put the cat back outside. I have never seen her hunt and don't think she will. The girls were in their cage but Thumper was out but then he has more heft to him then Isabelle has but I wasn't taking any chances. The dog waited long enough for me to get to the kitchen before he came charging into the mix because that's what the knucklehead does.

I yelled at him loudly enough that my throat hurt the rest of the night but at least he listened and went back to the den. I got the cat out and all of the buns are fine but the girl might have been a little traumatized.

Then we had a race buddy over. The first race of the season is tomorrow and all the guys are beyond excited. Well he went to start his four wheeler. It has really good compression now so when he went to kick start it, it kicked back. His foot slipped from the peg and when it did the peg hit his leg. It tore him up. I quickly got the first aid kit. We got him cleaned up and bandaged and he left. He now has twelve stitches in his leg. I hope this isn't going to turn out like last year which was the year of burns. We had quite a few people get burned on their bikes/quads although most wouldn't have happened if they were wearing pants not shorts. I'm thinking though that I'll stock up on some more emergency supplies, best to be prepared.

Kaley if you are reading this. I set up to record Nurse Jackie to give it a try. In one day the dvr recorded about 20 episodes so last night I started watching. I think I watched about 8 episodes. I thought I would just watch a few so there would be room for more to record or it will start deleting the older ones. It was recording more as I was watching and deleting. I obviously like the show though.

I have had a headache everyday for the past five. It's old! I think it's mostly from stress which I can't do a darn thing about. We've been having issues with the oldest girls behavior. We deal with it as parents should but when she is not here it is just fun times as always. It makes it hard for them to learn their lesson when they know they'll get breaks in being punished. I could go into a full blown rant but I would be here typing for pages and pages and no one wants to read all that.

Denise my post disappeared, that is so funny I hadn't noticed that it wasn't there lol.

Sound like you're having fun. Burns are not good. I once burnt my leg on the exhaust of mu scooter and it hurt like hell for weeks.

It is so funny when they say something they don't understand and especially if it makes them giggle. I bet she was shocked when you explained.

Oh she was really shocked to learn what she was saying and I'm sure will not repeat it again. They are very good and have kind hearts. We did get a laugh out of it.

We went to the races on Sunday. It was a tiring day but good. We had been up till about 3 am both Friday and Saturday. Hubby finished getting my four wheeler ready Sunday morning right before we packed up to head out so I didn't run it since I'm not an experienced racer and never even got to sit on the bike until we got to the races. One of hubby's cousins ran it.

Unfortunately we forgot the paddle tires for my bike at home. They're tires that give it better grip in the sand. We did get to switch to paddle tires we borrowed from a buddy after it had made a few runs but those tires were not the same size so although it helped it didn't do as good as if it had the right tires on it. But cousin made it to second place. Sweet kid offered me the trophy and cash since it's my bike but of course I had him keep it as it wouldn't have gone anywhere without a rider.

Hubby got first place in his class and his hero buddy got first in his. All our other guys did good as well with either first or second places.

I just had a skunk in the yard close to the house. I wasn't expecting that. It was mostly white with really long hair on it's sides and tails. It was moving funny. It would walk forward with the front legs but then would do more of a hop with it's back legs. I hope it's OK.

I actually lectured Laverne today on how I have provided her a much better home than what she had, she is given much better food to eat and much better care than what she had before so she should show some appreciation by not doing the things she shouldn't.

Still haven't been able to have any buns outside. It's either too cold, too hot, raining or very windy. It was in the 80's on Sunday and tonight is going to drop to 30. I hope my blackberries survive. I'm planning on having hubby help me cover them after he gets home. I'd do it now but we have crazy wind going on so I think it will take two.

We bought an Expedition yesterday. It has the bigger motor in it, 4 wheel drive so it will be great for towing. We are only the third owners. It has low miles and the price was very good.

I spent the first part of my day first going to the dreaded DMV but it wasn't too bad. I then ran to O'reilly's for one small part we needed for the new vehicle and yay it only cost me $1.69. I had no idea any part in the world existed that cost so little. It only took hubby about 5 minutes to change it. We knew it needed replaced when we bought it.

I then went grocery shopping. I found out that if you accidently rip open a bag of cat litter not only will they send a very nice and funny guy to bring a new bag up for you, only charge you for one bag but they will donate the torn bag to the local animal shelter. I must say I believe that is the first time in my life that a screw up on my part has ended in a positive. It is also the first time I have ever made a mess in a store. Luckily it was just a large pile right under the cart but I so would have cleaned it up myself if they would have brought me a broom.

I then ran to Pep Boys because I thought one part of the part I bought at Oreilly's might be too small.

After putting away groceries I then went out and started cleaning the vehicle. You could tell the people gave it a cleaning but they don't clean like I do. I hate cleaning vehicles the most of anything I do but I do like a clean vehicle but now that I spent hours cleaning the inside I so want to shampoo the flooring but the weather is cold again (????) and it would take forever to dry.

I did find out while looking online that Walmart sells Nightmare Before Christmas everything for your vehicle...steering wheel cover, floor mats, seat covers. I so want to get it all but for the Expedition we already have. That one is black so it would look great in it. I really do need to hit the lottery.

One of our buddy's brought some beer with him as a thank you for the use of our garage and tools so I'm sitting here getting tipsy and I still need to clean Thumps cage.

Just catching up on here, you have been busy,I was laughing at you lecturing Laverne, I could just see her looking at you....yeah yeah yeah lol.

Getting a new car is great and making it yours is even better. And beer at the end of the day, well can't get any better than that. I am sure Thumper will forgive you.

Chris...no worries as I got his cage cleaned. Silly boy that he is though. I crawled across the floor and the whole time he just hopped along underneath me.

Back