Thinking About Getting A Rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bedding is a great choice. That hay is perfectly fine. Anything that is good for horses is good for rabbits.

I actually know someone who uses this and she loves it!

Do you use liners for the litter box? If so, what kind? Also any litter boxes that will be good for a Flemish giant? Thank you all for your help!:)

Do you use liners for the litter box? If so, what kind? Also any litter boxes that will be good for a Flemish giant? Thank you all for your help!:)

You may have missed this before (earlier post in this thread)...

Those with Flemish Giants typically use very large plastic boxes for litter boxes. The cement mixing tubs from hardware stores work well. Larger boxes make the litter box last longer between cleanings and are more enticing for a full grown rabbit, making them more likely to use it consistently..
Here's a link:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Creative-P...x-36-in-L-x-8-in-D-Drywall-Mud-Pan/1000642569

As for liners, not really necessary. Some like to put a few layers of newspaper on the bottom (below the wood pellets). That may help when dumping the used litter.

I use newspaper for the lining of the litterbox. I get it at a local store for free:). I find it much easier to clean his litter because I can just pick up the newspaper and all poop and litter comes with it. I tried pee pads, but my bunny started chewing and eating it and I doubt that it's good for them to ingest, so I stopped using it.

Bunnies are a joy to have! I'm so glad you're considering rescuing one! I've read that Flemish Giants can be harder to potty train, but are more cuddly. I've never owned a Flemish Giant so I don't know if that's true or not. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.:)

Latest posts

Back