Things that only a rabbit owner could love...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Imbrium, I just recently seen him yawn for the first time a few weeks ago, he stretches and then yawns it's so funny and cute!

When I pick my bun buns up and take him to the bed to cuddle with me and he doesn't want picked up at that moment he throws a fit and bites the crap out of my blanket!

One thing I do miss is when I first got him I kept him in a cage and let him out whenever I was home and he would get these energy bursts when I'd let him out and he would run all around the room near the walls so fast over and over and over! He doesn't do that now that I let him run free.

...when you walk in and find the litter box flipped over and shavings all over your room and including on your on your bed. I get this about once a week..

When you're sitting on the couch and turn to say something to your sister, and get the scare of your life because your rabbit has quietly climbed up to the back of the couch and has been sitting there, so is RIGHT THERE in your face when you turn.

I could relate to that...

God, I can't escape that sound! I get thumped at for entering a room, I get thumped at for leaving a room, I get thumped at for glancing in their direction... sometimes I swear I get thumped at just for breathing! Hell, sometimes they even thump when no one else is even in the room.

Funny thing is I didn't even know what it was the first few times I heard it - took Nala a month or so to learn to thump and much longer to teach Gazzles. I didn't realize that when a rabbit thumped, it was one lone thump (apparently I shouldn't have learned about thumping from watching Bambi as a kid :p).

"Thump!" Anyone recognize that sound! It's one of the cutest things about my bunny!

I thought that was cute about Lady until the 23rd of December at 4am. The dogs heard something out side and was barking and every time they would bark she would THUMP and thump HARD. Finally it woke me up. I heard a FUMP! and was like what the heck was that. It took me a while to realize it was LADY in the kitchen thumping because the dogs were barking at the cat outside in the front yard.. and the blinds were drawn...

Anyway last night she slept in the back bed room away from the dogs and no thumping but the dogs started barking at the stray cat again at 4am and woke us up but at least no bunny thumping!!!!

Pfft, sure, blame the bunny! She was trying to do you a favor by telling the dogs to shut the hell up, lol - the thumping was only an issue because the dogs didn't obey :p.

Pfft, sure, blame the bunny! She was trying to do you a favor by telling the dogs to shut the hell up, lol - the thumping was only an issue because the dogs didn't obey :p.

Yeah that's right. She is the queen of the house of all the bun buns we got.

My husband LOVES her to death. I swear the first night we got her I was about to get her a new home, but she has really grown on and me the fact my HUSBAND loves her to death.. wow what a surprise!!!!!

I wish she could have thumped the dogs on their heads! That would have gotten them to shut up!!!! But yeah I like that theory! Damned Dogs. Shut up! THUMP!!!!

I hope you got your DL taken care of today ! Or will this week!!!

Vanessa

Dragging this thread back to add:

When you don't bother bringing out a litter tray for your bunnies when you're sitting out on the lawn with them (because they can just ped on the grass, right?) and one gets so antsy at the idea that she eventually digs a little 2x3inch hole to pee into!

When your just desexed fairy prince is having some supervised time with his wifey to try to encourage the bond to survive the separation and he immediately says "no balls? No problem!" and tries to hunp her anyway, then gets cranky and thumps when she is removed.

Finally, from about 10 minutes ago, when you're sitting on the couch and your gorgeous little snuggley fluffball has been sitting in your lap for about an hour, and decides that he's so comfortable right there that he'll just have a little arse snack. I know it's necessary for their health and nutrition, but does it really need to be done on my lap?!

My little boy is pretty good at keeping the pee in the litter boxes but every once in a while he decides a knew spot where I have to add another box! He chooses right in front of my walk in closet door!!!Which is weird bc he usually picks corners! So now every time I go into my closet I have to slide the litter box over and try to remember to slide it back when I'm finished! It's the main one he uses now. Oh goodness, my child what am I gonna do with yu! :)

Walking through the produce section of Walmart and getting *really* excited when you realize the leafy green tops on the radish bunches are at least twice as big as they usually are.

Buying two bunches of the raddishes knowing you're going to use all the leaves but will end up throwing at least half the radishes away because your three rabbits are allotted about 7 TBSP non-leafy veggies a day combined, the gliders' veggies for the next couple months are already diced/mixed/frozen (and include radishes) and the humans don't like radishes.

Walking through the produce section of Walmart and getting *really* excited when you realize the leafy green tops on the radish bunches are at least twice as big as they usually are.

lol, yes. I get way too excited in the fresh produce section these days as well at times, haha :D

I know what you mean about the fresh produce, checking all the bunches of everything, carrots, radishes, celery, beetroot to see which bunch has the freshest greens. I don,t even like celery or beetroot so usually end up chucking that. I was at the fruit and veg stall the other day buying dill and the owner said "you eat a lot of dill" when I said it was for my bunnies, he looked at me as though I was mad.

Back