Things that only a rabbit owner could love...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My little guy has a thing for always trying to bite my toes for some reason. It never fails if I'm barefoot here he comes to try and nibble on them...lol silly

When your doe isn't pregnant!!! Lol

When you think the fatso doe must be eating her hubby's share of the food so start paying attention to how much the eat separately, only to discover that the petite little buck actually eats almost twice as many pellets as his Mrs!

When you're still trying to keep them apart because although he has been desexed she hasn't yet and you worry that she might get territorial and attack him, and they go absolutely nuts pulling at the cage sides and ripping the sheets and plastic trying to dig through to each other until eventually they manage it, and snuggle down to sleep together.

When your black bunny's baby fur has turned a darck chocolate colour, but his new coat is coming through a lovely sleek black and he's shedding the baby fur in stripes, starting in the middle of his back and then the underneath and sides, leaving him a sleek black bunny with a fluffy brown stripe along each side.

When one bunny is taking a nap and the other drapes her considerable sized bulk across his body to take a nap herself. Poor Sammy had no chance of moving!

Today's hilarity: when your rabbits are happily hopping around the family room, and the oh-so-innocent little Sammy tries to do a bunny 500 from one rug to another and scares the s*** out of himself as he skids across the hardwood floors.

Waking up because your bunny peed on you and being happy he climbed up the chest and pillows at the foot of the bed to get there rather than running all over the house making a mess when he escaped his sleeping crate.

Having Miss Skittles try to nibble and lick your finer while putting medicine on her nose instead of trying to avoid the medicine.

Finding rabbit poo in with the clean laundry and remembering you forgot to clean the litter box the day before, then praising your bunny for being smart enough to use an alternative "box" all be that a clothes basket full of clean clothes.

Finally locating the second half of your pair of favorite socks - shredded for nesting material and, being excited you will soon have baby bunnies.

When you order something online and a huuuuge box comes, you just know you're gonna have some happy bunnies!

You cautiously look around as you go to the room where the bird seed is stored, quickly dash in and out to feed the bird, later you can't find any sign of rabbit anywhere and wonder if it's hiding in some cool corner. Hours later you get the suspicion it might've snuck into the bird room despite your eyes being in all directions, and out of curiosity you open the door to the room to see a pair of rabbit feet and a fluffy tail sticking out of the top of the sack of bird seed and a rabbit with a gob full of millet.

After you sweep mop and vacuum the rugs and couch you open the cage to let the bunnies out and smile as they binky and play pooping all over your days work of cleaning.When the main isle you lurk is the veggie isle in the grocery store and all you can think about is getting outside to plant that veggie garden for the bunnies-er I mean family to enjoy this summer.

When you have to put your bunny in the cage and she just wants to keep on playing and playing. Of course when I finally get the little pooper, she is so tired that she flops onto my shoulder.

When your rabbit lunges so fast at you when you are placing the veggie bowl down for consumption, that he actually slides and smashes right into your hand.

When your rabbit tries to help the guinea pig escape his cage by gnawing at the metal door, but in fact, your rabbit really dislikes the guinea pig.

That moment when you just finish cleaning your bun's cage only to come back to Major bunstruction which includes moving the food bowl (and the food inside it being scattered).

And

That moment after you clean the litter tray and your sweet pride and joy shoves a majority of the litter out and onto the floor.

Trix always tries to make flavoured water; sometimes it is hay flavoured, sometimes Yesterday's News flavoured, or it's poopy doop flavoured.

Gotta love my little girl, though.

Back