Things that only a rabbit owner could love...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zip Ties...we have used them before for things but my goodness I have gone through so many since I first brought Thumper home. In fact I just used up a bag making a shelf and second story for Laverne and Shirley's cage. They are now a staple in the house and must always be available. I keep them around just like duct tape.

Oh, while I'm at it...cardboard. I am now a hoarder of cardboard. If you have it and it's bunny safe then bring it. I have boxes in the bunny's room, cardboard on top of the cages, behind the cages, in the attic and in the garage.

And now if we ever had to live in a cardboard box I would be able to build us a mansion with just cardboard, no tape, glue, etc.

Watching your bunny go through seriously mundane routines like the following:

*eats* *poops* *eats* *poops* *hops out of litter box* *BIG HAPPY FLOP ON THE FLOOR* ....... *notices stray hay outside of litter box and sits up to eat that too*

....and still find it the cutest thing ever.

The moment you struggle to get out of a jacket because during a seemingly innocent snuggle your rabbit has chewed the closed zipper so badly that you can't move the zipper tag past it to get it open.

I gotta agree with showing you their butt. I call it 'not talking to me'

My little boy Agouti Chico got mad at me one day and when I came to his cage to talk to him and give him treats he PROMPTLY turned around and gave me his tail. I was like WHAT? I could not get over it. I was like, Wow your not talking to me? My husband thought I was nuts, but everyone here knows what I'm talking about.. He was so pissed he did that to me the rest of the night... ingrate..

Or the new Holland Lop Lady I have biting me on the butt after I took her to get her nails cut, like within 2 seconds of being let out of her crate.. she made a beeline for me and had this evil looking bunny smile on her face and circled me and BOOM.. bit me on the butt... other ingrate...

Oh, while I'm at it...cardboard. I am now a hoarder of cardboard. If you have it and it's bunny safe then bring it. I have boxes in the bunny's room, cardboard on top of the cages, behind the cages, in the attic and in the garage.

And now if we ever had to live in a cardboard box I would be able to build us a mansion with just cardboard, no tape, glue, etc.

:nod:

I work at a store and on "truck days" I am always taking the boxes that they'd fit in.... bonus points if it's tube-like.

I gotta agree with showing you their butt. I call it 'not talking to me'

My little boy Agouti Chico got mad at me one day and when I came to his cage to talk to him and give him treats he PROMPTLY turned around and gave me his tail. I was like WHAT? I could not get over it. I was like, Wow your not talking to me? My husband thought I was nuts, but everyone here knows what I'm talking about.. He was so pissed he did that to me the rest of the night... ingrate..

Nala has always been a fan of giving me "the butt". She eventually taught Gaz to do it, so sometimes I'm given "the butt" in sync. They point that butt RIGHT at you when they think you've been naughty.

Putting a handful of salad on the plastic food mat and watching your snooty princess make 3 trips to pick it up, carry it over and put it neatly in her empty pellet bowl before she would eat it.

Putting the litter tray in the 'wrong' place and watching both bunnies work together to move it away from the edge of the pen and push it to where they want it.

Setting up the playpen on a lovely area of lush grass that they don't normally have access to, and watching as within minutes one digs a rabbit-sized hole in the ground before moving over so the other can sleep in the hole, creating not only a big hole in the previously lovely grass, but also getting the other rabbit covered in bits of grass and dirt as he happily snuggles into the hole wifey dug for him.

I just went to get a drink, pulled a tray of ice cubes out and found a little piece of hay on top. Not frozen into the ice, but on TOP, meaning it somehow got there after the ice was already frozen. That's even weirder then all the times I've gone to the bathroom and found hay in my underwear.

When your rabbit requires a couch of her own to watch tv.

20131203_190025.jpg

When your child is in a foul mood and won't kiss or hug you, but the rabbits can bring her straight out of it.

20131220_185919.jpg

When you buy a litter tray with a top for your hidey-hole loving rabbits to SHARE and the not-really-pregnant doe claims it as her own and builds a nest in it that very day.

20131218_185456.jpg

When you're sitting on the couch and turn to say something to your sister, and get the scare of your life because your rabbit has quietly climbed up to the back of the couch and has been sitting there, so is RIGHT THERE in your face when you turn.

20131221_172558.jpg

Latest posts

Back