there is NO WAY this is a new zealand rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brimmhere

Reaction score
got a call back in july of a ladyneeding to bring in a "new zealand" rabbit, was finally able to takeher in today. ha! new zealand my a**lol ok guys take a look at these pictures and tellme what you think...... im so in love with her (may just end up keepingher hehe) got a few issues to dealwith,,, been treated for ear mites and she stillhas them, so will have to get a new route of treatment, likesto lunge at you when you get her out of her cage and will sometimesbite, and she is unspayed. other wise seems to bein good health. nails , eyes, nose, coat, and weight allgood. temperment out of cage, excellent and very very easy tohandle. see how it goes over the next week once she gets usedto being here lol but man oh man she is a beauty and im sooooin love.... ok i know i know

TIME FOR THE PICTURESLOL
1.jpg

doeflemish9-11-05.jpg

ok times up, lmbo guess the breed?? anyone anyone

Not a New Zealand as far as I'm aware. Could be crossbred with a Flemish or British Giant. Either way, she sure is a beauty.

brimmhere wrote:
got a call back in july of a lady needing to bringin a "new zealand" rabbit, was finally able to take her intoday. ha! new zealand my a**lol ok guys take a look at these pictures and tellme what you think...... im so in love with her (may just end up keepingher hehe) got a few issues to dealwith,,, been treated for ear mites and she stillhas them, so will have to get a new route of treatment, likesto lunge at you when you get her out of her cage and will sometimesbite, and she is unspayed. other wise seems to bein good health. nails , eyes, nose, coat, and weight allgood. temperment out of cage, excellent and very very easy tohandle. see how it goes over the next week once she gets usedto being here lol but man oh man she is a beauty and im sooooin love.... ok i know i know

TIME FOR THE PICTURESLOL
1.jpg

doeflemish9-11-05.jpg

ok times up, lmbo guess the breed?? anyone anyone

I WANT, I WANT!!!!!!!!!!!:shock::inlove::scared:

Ed

:phehehehee

now the tough part, any suggestions on names?? they never did tell me what they had named her eekk!

Diana: Look at the Way she holds her self , so Poised and Regal !

Not a Flemish face she is a bitlong in the nosse , but I woulddefinately say Nz /Flemish cross.

brimmhere wrote:
:phehehehee

now the tough part, any suggestions on names?? they never did tell me what they had named her eekk!

How about Bigfoot!!

I bet Mr. Z would love her.

Ed

Can't think of a name, but I'd like to throw outanother possible mixture -- maybe a Giant Chinchillamix? Guessing because of the coloring and longer face anddifferent eyeshape. You will find Giant Chin mixs -- esp usedfor 'home-grown' rabbit meat.

Oh my goodness, she is one big beautifulrabbit!:shock: If it wereme,I would have to keep her too! I love hercoloring and I think Shadow would fit her well for a name.Some Flemish background for sure. Gypsy had some goodthoughts, it will be interesting to see what Pamthinks. :D Beckie

I want that Rabbit!

doeflemish9-11-05.jpg
'

What a GORGEOUS Baby!! :shock2:

-Carolyn

What a stunning girl. Maybe some Giant Chinchilla mixed in, from the color?

I think she looks like a Grand Dame, or Dame. She has thatelegant commanding look. Or something traditionallyVictorian. That dewlap looks like a high-necked collar.

She is beautiful! ....looks like she could be across between a light gray Flemish (coloring, ear width) and a NZ(narrower, smaller head) ... very common on the meat market.Keep in mind, the reason they "do" this cross is to give them a big,fast growing rabbit with smaller bones (higher meat to boneratio). I'm not trying to gross anyone out, BUT, theserabbits are NOTbred to be grown to adulthood orbred. A lot of them have bone problems as theymature. (Weak bones can not support the body weight as theyget heavier.) As long as you are aware of it and take it intoconsideration when setting up cage/living space. No jumps,high ledges, no wild binkys, Good Calcium levels, lower protein feed(15% to keep muscle mass lower), and keep her from gettingoverweight. (Fat is bad!)

The attitude in the cage is probably age appropriate. She'sjust cage protective... fine outside the cage though. Goodluck with her Kim! She looks lovely!

:happyrabbit:

Latest posts

Back