The Roommates

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It really surprised me that they took to each other so fast. Abner is not neutered so I'm not comfortable putting them together. Hopefully the folks at PAWS can get him neutered soon.

Thank you for taking Abner home where he'll be safe! I can tell that Max likes him already from that photo. I did not pay xXMontanaXx to say you should adopt him. But I would have if I thought of it;)

And thank you for the incredible assortment of toys you brought our shelter buns!
Hooray for people who love bunnies :)

Max is almost GUARDING abner in that last picture! That's adorable! I wonder why some bunnies just find someone they love so easily - yet they dont' like others? Very interesting ya know?

That Max is as cute as they come!

Paula, I just love that picture of Max "guarding" Abner--so adorable. Max looks so content and Abner is just beautiful. What a great shot catching Max being so sweet!:bunnyheart

Aww i have wanted to see your bunnies for quite a while now,but the pictures aren't showing up for me...just a box with red x's......i don't know why everyone else can see your pictures but me :?.

But they do sound so adorable though :)

Cheryl

Max isn't as interested in Abner as he was the first day. I think he was just being friendly to the new guy in town.

Looking back at Abner's picture I believe that is the eye that is infected. It must have happened in the past couple of weeks. I'm a terrible bunny mom.

Meet Madeline or Maddie as I call her. I rescued her from a high kill shelter yesterday.

She is now in her new pen enjoying the extra space. She is all stretched out. She was even binkying.

HPIM0514.jpg

HPIM0513.jpg

HPIM0511.jpg

Miss Maddie definitely needs to be spayed. She has already escaped her pen by hopping over it twice. I put her in the highest pen I have. I'll have to put a top on it to keep her in.

What pretty rabbits! And I love your cage set-ups; I wish I had enough room for big pens.

I'm loving Maddie. <3

I prefer pens to cages. They give the buns more space and make it easier for me to clean. Abner is the only one in a cage. The pens are located in the dining area of my condo. No more room for any more.

I keep saying no more but I just couldn't resist getting Maddie. That makes six of mine and two fosters. I'm really beyond my limit. The condo association would freak if they knew I had eight rabbits in here.

BTW Maddie definitely has Rex in her. She has the softest coat.

I took Maddie to the vet last night for a check up. I'm concerned about her water intake so I had blood done to check her kidneys. She drinks a lot. She has a slight malocclusion but nothing worsesome fornow. Girlfriend weighed in at 7 lbs.

I scheduled her for a spay at the end of April.

BTW she was really good putting up with her dumb mommie. I ran out of gas on the way to the vet. Right down the street in fact. Doh! I had the money and plenty of places to stop. Anyway, the vet clinic was nice enough to let me bring her in an hour late.

Maddie was spayed on Thursday. She is doing well. She hates taking the Metacam.

Abner had his eye surgery on Friday. He seems to be doing well. He takes his meds with any fuss. I have to schedule a follow up with the vet sometime in next week and a half.

Pete, Goobie, Max, Smitten and Sawyer are all doing well.

Forgot Monty. Sometimes he thinks I forget him since his pen is in the corner behind Smitten and Sawyer's pen. My bad.

Just found your blog and SO glad that all of your buns are doing so well! :)Couldn't imagine having to deal with 2 buns out of surgery.. Good for you and I'll keep checking back for updates so please post more photos and videos.. Love them all.

The Roommates are down from 8 to 7. My sweet lop boy Peter crossed over on Thursday May 22 at around 5 am. I heard I noise in the living room like some bun knock over something. Then I heard some bun, probably Sawyer, stomping. When I went out to check I noticed Smitten on her perch, Sawyer in the corner of the pen and Monty all staring at Pete and Goobie's pen. I just knew right then something wasn't right. Peter was gone. He was lying on the blanket he shared with his lady love Goobie. I picked him up anyway to see if he was truly gone. He was. I put him back down and turned my attention to Goobie. She was staring at him from the litter box. I just muttered I'm sorry over and over. I decided to leave him there for her to have time to his remains. I went back to bed but couldn't go back to sleep. I did get up to open the window as I thought I start to smell him. Or perhaps it one of the litter boxes. Anyway, I called the vet around 9 and went delivered his remains for cremation.

Today I picked up his paw print. They did a casting of his front paws. Sort of like when little kids make their handprints for their parents. I just have to bake it tomorrow. I didn't have a glass pan to use so I will have to buy one.

Smitten aka Miss Big Buns aka the Queen is doing better after her bought with Bladder Sludge. Actually she is still having a problem with that but along as she is eating and doing everything I'm happy. I'm still keeping a close eye on her.

Latest posts

Back