the Prairie Clan pets blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoy your blog so much! I am a gerbil lover! I really adore them and actually just got 3 new ones today..I dont know what colors they are though, nor do I know the colors of the ones I already have. I have 6 total, I posted pic's in my blog. Could you tell me all there colors please? :)
Here's my blog so you can see the pics: http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=63624&forum_id=6
Your gerbils are just beautiful! How many do you have?

thanks! I have 110 gerbils ATM :)

lets see..

Sparkle-cant quite tell, looks Dove though..are her eyes red or black? if red then she is dove, if black..there is more options, would need more info and better pics.

Peanut Butter-spotted Agouti

Sprinkles-Pied Black

Mocha and Coffee Bean-Burmese

Meeshi-Black

[align=center]Aww at the video of Peepers drinking the baytril!! ^_^

I just went and smelled our left over baytril from when Sabriel first broke his leg and to me it smells like bubble-blowing soap 8D

But Sabriel loved his baytril as well.. =)

Glad Peepers is doing okay!

110 Gerbils!? For real!?

I'm so glad she is getting better. I hope she is completely free of symptoms soon. :)The pictures are too cute. Jenny looks so sweet as well.

sorry about the pics, I'll try and get better ones.
Sparkle has dark red eyes. Do you know what color babies I might be getting out of Sparkle and Meeshi with the ones they are bred too? Also, If you know, what would I get if I bred Sparkle and Coffee Bean or Mocha together?

on the assumption that Sparkle is Dove, if you breed her to the Burmese you should get CP's like Burmese, Siamese, DTW and PEW-thats your best option out of what you have, most of your others...would just produce your standard Black's, Agouti's, and perhaps Lilac's and Dove's, but it really depends on what resecive genes are hidden, you could get some funky suprises too lol, you have the potential of some lovely markings with Sprinkles and Mocha though.

ok I LOVE Peepers regular vet! A) she knows what the heck she is talking about and B) she is not a rip off artist. seriously, I was paying $100 a WEEK at the other clinic, just for the vet to say "yup, still sick, here is one more week of meds"! so I was FINALLY able to get Peepers in to her regular vet today, after annoying arguments with the other clinic that yes she DOES still need more meds, and her regular vet examined her, said she is looking really good, but her nose is still really runny, she wants her on meds for at least another 3 weeks, gave us 3 weeks of meds, and no charge for the check-up. total? $22.

gerbil pics!

Racy's new litter
Racypups1-1.jpg

proud momma..Racy
Racy1.jpg

likley the only keeper from Morgan's last litter, she has by far the best temperment
MorganLilac1.jpg

aboves big sister Harley Quinn
HarleyQuinn1.jpg

Racy's previous keeper pups

Chilly
Chilly1.jpg

and Wintry
Wintry1.jpg

Phoebe's Pied Siamese, Freezie
Freezie1.jpg

and finally our cute little man, Splotch..Munchkin throws weird pups what can I say....between the long haired Malcolm, the androgynous MiniMunch, their spunky son MegaMunch, and now Splotch..he was born with a fixed wrist, but it doesnt seem to bother him at all, the weird thing is his colour..he is no more marked then Munchkin or Mini/Mega Munch yet he was waaayyy lighter, the others are all obviously BLACK and white, but Splothc, with the xeption of a couple dark patches, looks for all the world...GRAY.

Gimpy4.jpg

Gimpy3.jpg

Gimpy2.jpg

Gimpy1.jpg

for comparison this is Munchkin and minimunch
minimunch.jpg

I WANT Splotch!!! Makes me miss having my gerbils. They are great. Really really. I would need to do a lot more research though to really own them properly. I love seeing pictures :biggrin:

good vibes for Peepers please, she isnt doing very well right now..she IS eating, but hardly anything, and last nigt and this morning she refused her meds(she LOVES her meds and usually comes running), last night she only ate part of her supper and didnt touch the couple pellets my mom gives her as a treat, and when I opened her cage this morning she just sat in the back cornor, normally she comes right out. vet said to stop the meds, and make sure she doesnt stop eating entirly, and she is going to call and check on her tommorow morning.

I'm so sorry to hear that she is not doing well. She is still on antibiotics right? Was she getting probiotics as well? I'm sorry, I don't remember. I wish her a speedy recovery!

sorrym been updated in the infirmery, she's doing mcuh much better today, eating and drinking on her own, and a very exiting pile of normal poops in her litterbox this evening lol she was jumping on the gerbil cages this morning...which she is not allowed to do...but hey, I dont think we have ever been so exited to see poop and a bunny being bad lol

Definitely sounds like she is doing better! Phew! :biggrin2:I'm so happy to hear that this morning. Yeah sorry, I found your thread in the infirmary after I had posted. :)

some pics of Peepers now ;) she is doing really well, although she does still have a bit of snotty nose(not snotty nose in the pics BTW, just some of the mush stuck to her face, which I wiped off when I realzed it was so prominant in the pics!) so we are waiting to get a hold of her vet and ask if its ok to use her medicine again to get ride of the last bit of snuffles since the problem was obviously a blockage, which the hairball stuff worked like a charm to help her pass quickly as opposed to a reaction to the meds.

either way we are thinking of maybe doing something her her vet? she was so awsome, calling every day to check on her even when she was off, comming in on her days off to take care of Peepers etc.. didnt even charge us any extra for all of this and she helped Peepers get better really fast even when she was is such bad shape that she would not even accept force fed food or water.

DSC_0003-2.jpg

DSC_0005-1.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0015-1.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

soo..we figered out why Splotch doesnt look like his mottled black parents and sibs..he isnt mottled black thats why lol, it seems that Munchkin is Gg..which we were not aware before, she must have passed the g down to MiniMunch who would also then be Gg..pure dumb chance that MiniMunch ended up being a boy and mating with Munchkin, producing a gg pup...Splotch. in english? he is mottled SLATE! this would be fantastic for our breeding program if not for the fixed wrist lol

Oooh justlook at that sweet girl :inlove:Sooo precious!

The fixed wrist could be passed down? That sucks. I love him. :biggrin2:

its just a genetic defect in general, the europe lines we imported have have been throwing a lot of them, from one eyed Pirate, to 1 eared Tipsy and Angel, we had some bob tails that didnt survive(it affects the spine), Splotch with the fixed wrist etc.. dropping the lines would be genetic suicide, but breeding them out involves only breeding the healthy and "normal" ones back into our lines. our handicapped gerbils are some of our faverites, but they wont be bred from :p

ok it has been way to long since I have updated here lol. Peepers has been a naughty bunny lately, first she got restricted back to the bathroom for playtime because she decided to just stat going potty anywhere she felt like, luckily she gogered that one out again real quick when she was banned from all her fav. places lol, but she has decided to take up dismantling furniture and getting into trouble lol, so she pretty much has to be stared at the entire time she is out.

Jenny is just full of piss and viniger today, I pulled out her cheerios and she went loopy, flying through her tricks at high speed, then I pulled out my coloured pencils to draw and Jenny came flying past, grabbed a pencil from the box without even stopping and took off with it! and this was after she grabbed the base of her play structure, picked it up and shook it till all the peices fell apart, and attempted to climb up the water meter on the wall. Jenny is a hyper bun to start with, but good grief, she's like a toddler on a sugar high today!

as for the gerbils, have finally have some new babies, we havent had any in forever, but Chelsey and Spirit finally had a litter, 4 little ones :p Chesley is older now so we were crossing our fingers that we would get anything from this breeding, but we suddenly realized that we hadnt done ANY Europe/Europe breedings and the original stock was all about to retire! which was a really stupid move given longer term genetic diversity was kinda the point to this project lol

I shall leave with a few gerbil pics

Marvel
marvel.jpg

Cupid
cupidDSC_0122.jpg

Timber
timberDSC_0069.jpg

Puck
puckDSC_0100.jpg

Latest posts

Back