the Prairie Clan pets blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok..today was slightly insane... NINTY-SIX daycare dogs..that completly smashed our record by like 12 lol and that did NOT include the staff dogs(Trinity, Ducky, Happy, Misty, Electra, Rusty, Kush, Korben, Clue, Macy, Red, Penelope, Hugo and Nevada) or any of the boarding dogs! the manager and I worked through our breaks, one of the owners stayed to help as well, and my other co-worker stayed an extra 2 hours. it was INSANE. I mean we avaerage high 70's low 80's for daycare lately, but we have never broken 90 before..and we shot right past 90 and darn near hit 100!

off that note, Ladybug has her check up tommorow, she seems to be doing better on just the canisource food, nothing else, any variety at all is upsetting her tummy, I am a bit concerned about that though because it came on so suddenly, she always ate home prepared raw with us, the past 2 years she has eaten anything and everything, its not like she is used to eating one thing and it suddenly changed, just she went from always getting variety, to rather abruptly not being able to tolerate ANY variety. at least her poops are solid now though, much nicer to deal with when your dog cant turn around and cant control her bowels lol. problem is if she is starting right in front of the door and starts going..if she is not FACING the door, she is not capable of turning around, and has to "go around the block" till she is facing the right direction! its funny uintil your walking around the entire house cleaning up the mess!

ok, Ladybug is back from her checkup yesterday...she has an abbessed tooth, but we knew that, nothing will be done about it because of her age and health. she has a heart Arrhythmia, she takes Hawthorn and the vet suggested giving her coenzyme Q10, digestive issues, but she is doing well on the canisource, she commented right away that Ladybug had lost a lot of weight, which we knew, that was from when her tummy issues started and she either refused or threw up everything we tried to feed her, she lost several pounds, but she is gaining it back with the canisource, she suggested adding slippery elm to her food, apperntly it soothes the gut, and she also suggested adding extra fiber to her diet, be it high fiber veggies or benefiber or whatever. her urin is quite concintrated but not at a bad level, she said it IS unusualy concentrated, but at a level that is actually healthy where as most dogs are actually not consentrated enough lol her main issue is her joints, she doesnt move very well and is quite badly arthritic, she was really pushing Glyco-Flex III but I KNOW the price of that stuff, and it is out of this world, so my mom wrote down whats in the stuff and amounts, she is going to research what actually does anything, and we will get the suppliments ourselves from the health food store lol. I have heard good things about the brand, but those tablets are $100/bottle..she is already eating $100 food and sleeping on an $160 Orthapedic bed, I am not adding $100 pills to the mix when I make get the same darn things and mix it myself for a 1/4 of the price lol

overall the general theme was we are doing a good job, she is doing remarkably well considering she has a lot of issues, all we can do is keep her comfortable. and she kept asking how WE were feeling about doing all this for her sort of skirting around weather we were annoyed at having to deal with her or something lol why would I be annoyed? she's my baby, I will do anything for her as long as she is happy and comfortable.

gaaa a bunch of dogs were being idiots at work this morning ansd I was so frusterated, and I asked for helpfrom the manger to get these dogs inside, and she's like hold on..so after waiting for 20 minuts I got sick and tired of waiting, said screw the dogs and threw the next group out..pof course just after that group gets out the manager comes to help, and she's all "well cujo HAS to come in", in a really condesending tone and "well you screwed now, you'll never get him in" when she saw the other group outside, and I was so mad and so frustrated that I just sat in the bathroom and cried I was so angry, because seriously it was almost noon, I had been there since 10:30 trying to get those dogs inside, and I couldnt wait any longer, I still had 2 groups to get outside before 1:30! I was cheered up however shortly after when I let a Boxer and Pittie out of there kennel to put them in the other yard, and the boxer tore off down the hallwy took a flying leap toward the wall and landed IN the mop bucket! it was like slow motion her legs splaying out to the side, water splashing out lol my mager wasnt in any better ofg a mood and I told her and she watched the the security camera..the bucket was off screen though so all you could see was her tear down the hall and my hand hit my mouth as I doubled over in laughter lol

of ciarse then my afternoon I got mad again because my manager gave me the stupidest command on the planet, seriously she goes all snotty like "write the groups on the whiteboard because I have to know where ewverybody is so I am not running around like a chicken with my head cut off" which SOUNDS like a reasonable request right? exept that I already HAD all the groups listed and up to date on BOTH whiteboards! I just giot mad walked over and drew a big circle around the names I had written lol I mean I get that she wanted me to use numbers, and that works well and faster IF SHE knows who is in those groups, but how does that make it better if "I" am making up groups off the top of my head and assigning those groups random numbers, then telling her "group 5 is outside"..well great, for me, I know who group 5 is, she doesnt have a clue!

my boss is barely older then I am lol we actually get along quite well, its just that we funtion on different levels..if that makes sence, we accomplish the same things and want all the same things accomplished, but we think so differntly that whats makes perfect sense in her head, makes no sence whatsoever in mine, likewise the other way round and because of this was sometimes butt heads, the thing is that I just cannot function on someone elses level, but if I understand the GOAL I can convert to the way I think and get the simplest way for ME to arrive at that goal..and I am SUPER efficiant when allowed to do that, but completly useless when I am not lol. I just needed to vent, it was just the stress of the day on both of us I think, almost the entire staff called in sick this morning so it was litterally me and her...thats it.

its not nearly as bad at at my old job, where my previous managers were aswome and they allowed to to onvert things to my level of thought and because of it I was super efficiant and I was contantly praised and the employee that got bragged about to the other locations about how awsome I was lol but then we got new managers..anbd thats when everything went to heck, the new manager was my way or the highway, she didnt give a hoot about the goal if it wasnt accomplished her way, but her way didnt make a lick of sense to me, and she would get mad and call me a "usless idiot" because she "had to do everything herself"..(final straw was accusing me of doing drugs lol everyone who knows me got a good laugh out of that one!)

edit: should mention that I walked out of my previous job when she accused my of doing drugs..she yelled at me for "disrespecting her" when I responded with an incredulous "who and a what???" lol

oooo Electra is a BAD dog!! I heard a crash from the kitchen..curious I walked into the kitchen only to see Electra ON the counter..I dont mean counter surfing, I mean she was completly on top of the counter(she's 40lbs!) the second she saw me she leapt off the counter and hid in a corner crying, ooo she got in so much trouble..she is currently locked in a crate, because clearly she cannot be trusted out of my sight!

ok back on track lol pics!

phoebepupso3.jpg

phoebepupso2.jpg

phoebepupso1.jpg

phoebepupso4.jpg

DSC_0202.jpg

DSC_0198.jpg

DSC_0156.jpg

DSC_0152.jpg

DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0218.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

ok so we finally named Chelseys pups..the Ivory cream girl is HoneyBell and the Argent Gold boy is Manderine..dunno whats going on with the DEH girl yet as the buyer in Edmonton has not responded to our message that we have a ride for the girls to get there.. so we may possably need a name for Pirates sister and the DEH too. oh and we named Munckin and MiniMunch's son "MegaMunch" cuz he looks just like them and he's got mega spunk lol. now we will just need themes and names for the Morgan pups and the Phoebe pups :p

Great pictures! Does MegaMunch want to come live in PA? ;)

I'm glad Electra was not hurt being a naughty dog. Hopefully she learned her lesson. Sometimes you wonder what goes through their heads?

Micromanagers at work are the worst. I'm glad that even though you and your current manager think in differnt ways she gives you the space to do it your way. The goal is what matters in the end. Hopefully people will be healthier so it's not so crazy for you.

Hehehe thank you for updating your blog. I got quite a few giggles out of it. I hope things ease up at work eventually and that your manager will try harder at working as a team. :)

was much better today lol we had staff so not so stressfull and all was good lol however we did loose our groomer...actually she was fired lol turns out, that "restraunt" she claimed she was working at part time was actually our competitor grooming shop! and honestly the problem was that she lied to all our faces, grooming is only a side buisness for us, we would not have cared if she has just told us, and not lied about it.

oh ya, and we heard from the buyer for those gerbils today, she's super exited, now she's gotta get back to us on what she wants for their pedigree names :p

I decided that Misty is officially my helping hand at work lol no better help at bringing dogs inside that dont wanna come then a dog that has now figered out exactly where I need the dogs to go and how to get them there... this morning I left Misty in the kennel area with the outside door open while I took some other dogs to the indoor play area, there was just a group of dogs oustdie that refused to come in, but when I came back, Misty had rounded up all but two of them without my help and had them tightly grouped inside and blocked the door lol, after I got those guys in their kennel I took her with me to fetch the remaining 2 dogs, I got a hold of ones collar and Misty ran around the building, scooped the husky away and barked/chased him around the building and directly through the door on the other side of the building! I told her she's hired lol, those dogs that play catch me if you can are HASRD to get in, because they know what you want, so you literally cannot get within 20 feet of them, the second they even SEE you they are gone. they usally fall for various tricks once or twice, but wise up quick and dont fall for it again lol, these are not dogs that are afraid, they would just rather stay outside and play then come in for a break so they play games with you.

the burmese babies are huge! published scientific data lists a low of 14 and a high of 26 grams for a 4 week old gerbil pup, the Phoebe pups range from 24-27 grams at LESS then 4 weeks of age! AKA..they are huge!

well thats great....seem's I have baby cockatiels on the way. I always read that most pairs will not mate if you dont provide a nesting spot..so given I have a male/female pair I made darn sure there was no nesting spot. it didnt work. we saw them mating yesterday, which means we have eggs comming..we are doing everything we can to make sure Marley doesnt get egg bound, thats the biggest worry right now lol

ya for fake eggs! fund out I can replace the eggs with fake ones :p fine and dandy..ordering them is turning out a million times trickier then one would think though lol the site wont exept my CC and Paypal is being stupid..I cant do anything until it confirms my account or whatever, I had to jump through hoops to do that, sreiously its takene me like an hour now to jump through 3 of the hoops...still waiting on the last hoop for them to review my evidence or whatever lol then maybe..one of these days preferabley before next weekend I can get the darn eggs!

Fake eggs are great. They used to sell them in some pet shops in Montreal so hopefully if you cannot order them you can spot some in stores. I think that is the hardest thing about birds. Lol. They have a strong instinct to mate.Your cockatiels are absolutely gorgeous. Are they quite tame? Do they make any special sounds? Mine had just started when I had to rehome them. I am really allergic to them :(I used to work at a pet store and we had to wean them ourselves. I used to love feeding them. :)They probably still should have been with their parents at the time but since they were there, someone had to do it. Hehehe. They were always so loud and dirty. Silly lil things. I just love cockatiels. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back