the Prairie Clan pets blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol I cant even get a half decent bird food in this city(I order online) nevermind something as "fancy" as fake eggs :p no luck on ordering, but I read somewhere that you can freeze or hard boil the eggs then give them back, so it looks like that is what were going to have to do, none of the sites are accepting my CC or my moms CC and Paypal still hasnt lifted the stupid "limit" on my account.

Toivo is a bit weird, he was really tame, but then he spooked when my grandparents visted several years ago and he hasnt been the same since, he is bity if I stick my hand in the cage to get him or if I try to put him on my hand from my shoulder, any other time he is totally normal and sweet lol. Marley is VERY tame and sweet, she doesnt have a mean bone in her body lol. Toivo is super friendly to other birds though, Marley is his 3rd buddy, and everytime I bring him a new bird its love at first sight. I have no issue taking him out of the cage because all I have to do is take Marley..Toivo will scream his head off if he cant follow her, so if I leave the cage open and Take Marley out, Toivo will join us very quickly!

poor Peepers....Rusty pee'd on her head lol I dont think she liked me rinsing her off any better!

As long as you use something fairly close the birds will stop laying. I have zebra finches and I use marbles to replace the eggs. They sit and sit and sit on the marbles waiting for them to hatch! You may also look in a craft store. A lot of times they have fake eggs for people making decorative things.

Poor Peepers. Did you explain to Rusty that her name is because of her eyes, NOT because she likes getting peeped on?

ya know, it occured to me the other day that I have NO CLUE where Jenny sleeps at night? seriously, I have had her for almost 2 years and I have no idea where she sleeps lolshe never sleeps when I am awake, she goes in her cage when I go to bed, but after she finnishes eating she rattkles the door hoping I will let her out again and she does it at least until I am fast asleep...then as soon as I wake up she is back at the door rattling it to come out!

poor Peepers is sick :( pretty sure its snuffles, she's goin to the vet tonight, her regular vet is away till monday, and the rabbit vet at the other clinic doesnt start till 8pm tonight, so she has an appointment at 8:15, whatever that works for me, since I work until 7:30 tonight and have to go to get Ladybugs dog food after work, so my mom can bring Peepers with her, I will leave the dogs at work, we will swing by the store to get Ladybugs food, then from there to the vet, then back to get the dogs, then home..this will be a complicated and expensive day lol

Awww I am sorry to hear about your Peeps. I will be thinking of you! I hope it all goes well and that you get some rest after all that. :)

Peepers is back, she is on Baytril for 10 days, twice a day, plus keeping her nose clean because it keeps getting all stuffed up :)

thanks :) she's doing better today, not so lethargic, and I managed to get all the snot from around her nose(she didnt appreciate it though!) she really wasnt doing very well yesterday, the vet's only good news he could give me was that she's still eating and drinking fine! but she has already perked up and isnt sneezing as much, so thats good. apperntly it can be caused by chill, and its been EXTREMLY cold here the past week, like -45*C cold, so we figer the cornor her cage is in must be drafty, we prepped that area to be much warmer for her, and its supposed to be pretty nice now for at least a week which helps lol

Gerbiley piccies :)

Tipsy
Tipsy1.jpg

Sky
Sky1.jpg

Sass(Black) and Cache(Lilac)..Sass is our old lady, she's our foundation female, she'll be 4 years old in May :) Cache is her granddaughter.
SassCache1.jpg

Racy babies
Racypups1.jpg

Mimas, he'll be 3 years old in May, he's Sass' son.
Mimas1.jpg

Marvel, one of the Burmese pups
marvel36days.jpg

his sister Bliss
bliss36days.jpg

Sky's daughter Angel
angelbaby.jpg

Ace, the other Burmese pup(he has a V on his nose lol)
ace36days.jpg

and Zippy the Siamese pup from that litter.
zippy36days.jpg

Peepers relapsed a bit today..she's just sitting huddled in her litterbox sneezing :( this limited exotics vet thing is annoying, I only went to that vet because my usual was away till today, and now we called the vet she saw tonight and they dont have an exotics vet till Wed.! so we are going to try and get Peepers back to her regular vet tommorow and the other clinic will fax them her record, so hopefully her regular vet is in tommorow or else we will be calling around again..there is only 3 exotics vets in the city all are at different clinics, I have now seen 2 of them..I would rather not see the 3rd. he spayed my first dog many years ago and screwed her up so bad she needed special care the rest of her life..if that how bad he is with a DOG, I dont wanna give him my exotics!

Awww I'm sorry to hear about Peepers. :(I understand about the lack of vets. When I was in Montreal, it took me a long time to find a good one (that was also accessible without having a car)as well. :(I really hope she recovers quickly. Thinking of you guys...

On a side note, I loved the gerbil pictures!

expensive Bunny Peepers is lol she's only 8 months old and between the $200 on her spay and $100 last week and another $100 at the vets this week! im not complaining though, Peepers is a doll :p she's gots baytril for another 10 days plus another anti-biotic for 7-10 days. poor baby :( just as well I never bothered to bond Jenny and Peepers I suppose! Jenny is on a totally different floor of the house, so she's been safe from the snuffles.

on a Jenny note....last night my dogs opened my bedroom door releasing Jenny..my basement is undergoing flood damage repair, so until thats sorted she has to stay in my room as she does normally get the whole basement. well she knows she not supposed to be out there right now, because the second I opened the basment door, she heard me and I saw a blur of Jenny rush from the other end of the basment and leap into my room..when I got into my room wuth her supper she acted like she had been there the whole time lol

just a cute video from this morning...Peepers thinks her new anti-biotoic is delicious :p notice her head lean forward trying to follow the syringe when I take it away after...

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/QJDkXspcuK8&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

I dont blame her, that stuff smells really good lol

muy adventure for the day...lost a gerbil! I was playing with pallas and he was hangen out, then hopped onto the couch to explore..and slipped behind the couch cushin, INTO the couch! the couch is a hide-a-bed so there are a lot of little mechinsms there for him to run beside and to prevent us from being able to get him out, it took my mom sitting the peering under the couch with a flashlight and me slowly listing the hide-a-bed at her word that it was safe to lift without hurting him till it was high enough to pop in a hidy jar and he hopped right in. scared me half to death!

then Ladybug tried to scare me too, normally at cookies time if she is asleep I take her cookie to her and she grabs her cookie, but tonight I topok her her cookie and...no response..wave the cookie(a jerky strip, nice and smelly) in front of her nose...nothing, I tapped her..nothing, lifted a paw and let it drop..no response, getting frantic I shook her..THEN she woke up in suprise lol she's a 14 year old large dog, I started to panic when she wasnt responding and I didnt see any chest movement of her breathing lol

Awwww lol what a day! I'd have been soooooooo scared of squishing the little one while he was in the couch! Oh my! :expressionlessI'm glad it all turned out okay. Hehehe @ your dog. They sure can get us going sometimes...

some pics..

Peepers from when she really wasnt feeling well..its obvious lol
Psave1.jpg

Psickeat.jpg

and miss attitide is BACK..she's still a bit stuffy, but otherwise she is my little trouble maker again

see?(taken last night)

DSC_0003-1.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

I missed the 'tude lol

and Jenny too of coarse
Jennypeek1.jpg

Jennyfunny.jpg

Jennybox.jpg

ya, she's still a sick bunny, sneezing a little and runny nose, but nothing at all like she was before. we did manage to talk to her regular vet today, she said its not unusualy for it to take this long, and rto finnish up the meds we have..by label she is "done" but one is a suspension, they just mix it up in a bottle, its not measured out, so her vet said to continue that till its empty and then she will give us enough anti-biotics to keep going 14 more days beyond symptoms. the other vet said the second the symptoms are gone, your done..you can have more meds if they start again lol

Latest posts

Back