The Pie Babies Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apple is still not able to hold her headright. We've been trying to keep her quiet and let herheal. I feel bad not letting her out with the rest but shejust isn't able to walk around like they can.

We still have a lot of hope that she'll get more control as she gets older.

They are so cute. That made my day seeing them.

When do they actually start to hop?

Susan:bunnydance:

I decided to take a short video of Apple to sendto my vet to see what her opinion of her chance to recover is so Iguess I can share it here too.

Thank you all for your concern and I'll continue to update onher. She still has not had a problem nursing. Ifshe wiggles her way out and is going the wrong direction I scoot herback under mama. She is the only one who has not opened hereyes yet but the others just opened theirs yesterday so I think I'llgive her a day or two more to open them before I get worried.

That video of Apple just breaks my heart. Poor little one. I hope that this is something she can overcome.

Is she able to rest if she leans up against something? She must get very dizzy rolling like that.

They are all so beautiful. I'll be keeping Apple in my prayers and I hope she is able to grow out of this.

She is able to crawl in with her littermates andbe part of the baby pile. We do not let her try to walkaround much at all. Maybe a few seconds a day to see howshe's doing but the rest of the time we keep her in a small space.

If I put her in with the mom bunny first to be fed the mom won't lether attach to a nipple but if I put her in after another baby is on anipple she will let her eat fine.

Thank you for all the kind thoughts and prayers.

Our vet calls what Apple has VestibularDisease. She is looking into what our treatment options arebecause of her age.

I will keep you all posted as I know more.

The poor little thing has head tilt!There may not be much that can be done, as it may be a result of damagedone during the accident and not an infection.

But, many rabbits do live with head tilt and have happylives! I know of a few through the rescue I work with, andour very own ME has a head tilt bunny, Peanut.

There is hope that the baby will grow up to have a good quality oflife. And it sounds like you are doing your very best toensure it gets everything it needs to fight a good fight.

--Dawn

It absolutely IS from the trauma of the accident. There is no question about that.

aurora369 wrote:
The poor little thing hashead tilt! There may not be much that can be done, as it maybe a result of damage done during the accident and not an infection.

I am so excited to report that little Apple isgetting better!! She can walk now with falling constantly andshe can hold her head steady when she is sitting still (to eathay). I'm so happy I cannot even describe!!

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00003-1.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00005-1.jpg

Woohoo! I'm so happy she's getting bettertoo!:happydance Every time I see your little bunnies I want to snatchthem even more!:witch:

Michaela and the girls:brownbunny:brownbunny:brownbunny

Yay!! She looks so much better!

Hopefully she will continue to improve, and she will be able to lead anormal life or at least an easier one than with full blown head tilt.

Keep up the good work!

--Dawn

This is great news Robin! I had been thinking ofyour little one last night and wondering how she was doing. She reallylooks like shes able to hold herself a lot better now.

I hope she continues to improve. Please keep us posted. I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you all... I can not tell you how veryhappy I am with her progress. I didn't really believe she'dget better but I never gave up hope that she would.

I truly appreciate all of your support and prayers :)

Latest posts

Back