The Pie Babies Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SugarGlider

Reaction score

We've named the four babies *Apple Pie* *Pecan Pie* *Sweet Potato Pie* and *Razzleberry Pie*

They are two days old today :) They are tortoise colored Dutch.

[align=center] -Apple-
[/align]
AppleRight.jpg
AppleLeft.jpg
AppleTop.jpg

[align=center] -Sweet Potato-
[/align]
SweetPoRight.jpg
SweetPoLeft.jpg
SweetPoTop.jpg

[align=center] -Pecan-
[/align]
PecanRight.jpg
PecanLeft.jpg
PecanTop.jpg

[align=center] -Razzleberry-
[/align]
RazzleRight.jpg
RazzleLeft.jpg
RazzleTop.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

that is sooo cute! im so jealous!

can you show pictures of them with their mom, so i can see what theyll look like?

you should keep posting pictures as they grow up, becuase baby bunnys are too cute!

Mama's name is Scooter Pie and Daddy's name is Pumpkin Pie.

Here is mama giving birth.
DSC00001-8.jpg

Here is mama beside the nest.
DSC00001-9.jpg

Mama a few days before giving birth.
DSC00009-3.jpg

And this is Daddy :)
PumpkinTwo.jpg
PumpkinOne.jpg

As for telling the babies apart...

Pecan is the darkest and his/her saddle isn't strait

Apple has a saddle that isn't strait too but his/hers has a circular shaped area (apple shape)

Sweet Potato has the rough stops on his/her back feet

Razzleberry is the other one :) As far as I can tell he/she is pretty well marked (but I'm not an expert)

Notice on mom and dad how the color goes from the lighter color to thedarker color :) I think Pecan is the best colored of the fourbut the all have the light to the dark.

Color is hard to tell at this age as the shadingdoes not come in well right away. Also, with Tort Dutch, theycan get darker with age and as adults, will be darker than they were asjuniors.

Sharon

How are their undercuts?

The bellies are still sort of pinkish and it'shard for me to tell where the colors are. I'm sure in acouple of days I'll be able to get better pictures. Theywiggle a lot :)

You are so lucky, they are soo cute!:bunnyheart I love their names too!:bunnydance:

Keep us updated!:pleaseplease:

Michaela and the girls:brownbunny:brownbunny:brownbunny

I actually don't know the answer to that question so maybe someone else can answe it. I want to know myself :)

maomaochiu wrote:
oh my gosh, they are soooo adorable!

when can you tell if they are boys or girls?

I find that I can normally start guessing around 2-3 weeks of age, and by 4-5 weeks of age, I can normally have a solid answer.

But sexing does take some practise. Generally the older the easier to tell.

--Dawn

Aww, that is adorable!!!:bunnyheart I love seeing them running. That's a great idea keeping them in with books:thumbup

Michaela and the girls:brownbunny:brownbunny:brownbunny

Latest posts

Back