the other half of myheart died today

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Fran, kirst3buns, and Dave. Sympathies are very appreciated, especially today...

I picked up Patrick's ashes yesterday. The vet clinic actually had one of the nicer black urns left and put his ashes in that. They have been using these 'less expensive' tins with paw prints as urn/ash containers. Sorry, but I think the tins are tacky, especially for a bunny. The black urns have a nice little spot on the top/lid for a picture and then a clear plastic disc goes over the pic to keep it clean and protected.

So needless to say, I went through so many of Patrick's pictures to find the 'right one' for his urn. So many memories... Patrick's first days in his new home, Patrick soaking up the sunshine, Patrick and Benjamin, Patrick grieving for Benjamin, Patrick and Luna, Patrick with Luna and Zappa, Patrick and Zappa after Luna left us, Patrick with Zappa and Callie.... I can't say he didn't have a full life during his eight years with me.

I think I am most happy about the fact that he was able to be with his true-love. All of us could looka life-time for the one who completes us. I was just so lucky to find Luna for Patrick. Their bond was stronger and better than any other relationship that I know of. I am certain that their bond is still as strong at The Bridge as it was here with me.

Binky at The Bridgepain-free my beautiful babies.

I will love you for the rest of my life because you are myheart.

Oh dear, I am heartbroken to hear this. Patrick was always so special to me. He reminded me so much of my boys and he and Luna (and then Zappa) always made my day when you posted pictures. I was so envious of your dutch trio..and then I got one myself, if only for a few months.
I lost my Basil three weeks ago and almost lost Max today. Dutch bunnies are just the best bunnies in the whole world.
I am so sorry you lost Patrick. He was truly a special boy and I am sure every day he knew how much you loved him.
Prayers and hugs from one hurting Dutch mom to another.

I am so sorry Janet. I still hesitate to venture into the Rainbow Bridge Announcement section because it make me so sad. Please forgive me for the latesympathy for Patrick.

Binky Free Patrick. :pink iris:

Haley wrote:
Oh dear, I am heartbroken to hear this. Patrick was always so special to me. He reminded me so much of my boys and he and Luna (and then Zappa) always made my day when you posted pictures. I was so envious of your dutch trio..and then I got one myself, if only for a few months.
I lost my Basil three weeks ago and almost lost Max today. Dutch bunnies are just the best bunnies in the whole world.
I am so sorry you lost Patrick. He was truly a special boy and I am sure every day he knew how much you loved him.

I agree Haley, that Dutch bunnies are the best bunnies in the world. For some reason, it's the very special bonds that don't seem to stay for long. I wonder if it's because they are much closer to our hearts than other bonds. Thanks so much for the sympathies, and I'm sending prayers and hugs back to you from one hurting Dutch mom to another for your Max's healing and your Basil's loss.

Thanks Pipp and Stan for your sympathies. Your heart-felt words mean so much to me during this time.

Patrick was more special than I ever knew. He was one of those easy-going guys, who could hang out with any-bun. I think I will be hard-pressed to ever find another special guy like him. I feel so fortunate when people 'throw away' the best bunnies in the world and I have the chance to adopt them into my home and life. Patrick was the coolest guy for having been a 'stray' bunny. I was honored to have been his 'girlfriend', caregiver, and mom. I was all the more honored to have made his heart complete with bringing Luna into his life.A wonderful chain of events I would never want to miss out on if I had to do it all over again.

myheart

What a beautiful little boy! I am so sorry for your loss, but it is comforting to know that is true love is waiting for him at the Bridge.

:pray:

myheart wrote:
Haley wrote:

I agree Haley, that Dutch bunnies are the best bunnies in the world. For some reason, it's the very special bonds that don't seem to stay for long. I wonder if it's because they are much closer to our hearts than other bonds. Thanks so much for the sympathies, and I'm sending prayers and hugs back to you from one hurting Dutch mom to another for your Max's healing and your Basil's loss.

Thanks Pipp and Stan for your sympathies. Your heart-felt words mean so much to me during this time.

Patrick was more special than I ever knew. He was one of those easy-going guys, who could hang out with any-bun. I think I will be hard-pressed to ever find another special guy like him. I feel so fortunate when people 'throw away' the best bunnies in the world and I have the chance to adopt them into my home and life. Patrick was the coolest guy for having been a 'stray' bunny. I was honored to have been his 'girlfriend', caregiver, and mom. I was all the more honored to have made his heart complete with bringing Luna into his life.A wonderful chain of events I would never want to miss out on if I had to do it all over again.

myheart
Sorry for you loss :(. And you guys are right -- dutch are pretty good, we have 1 that is around 6 years old.

Latest posts

Back