the other half of myheart died today

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myheart

Reaction score
I know that without a blog to update forum members, most members may not know of Patrick's condition. It started out as a possibleencapsulated abscess in his abdomen. It quadrupled in size from the time it was found two years ago. Today a necropsy was performed, and the abscess was actually a tumor (about the size of a billiard ball) that was thought to have been attached to Patrick's bladder. The vet will know more after he has time to look at the slides of the tumor, so I will update as I know more.

I adopted Patrick from the Green Bay Humane a little over eight years ago. He was listed asa 'stray' and so tiny when I adopted him. Patrick was my little honey-boy who always gave my circles and hums until I adopted Luna for him. Luna was his true-love, and seeing them together always melted my heart. I adopted Baby Zappa after Naturestee had finished fostering her, and had a wonderful trio. After Luna passed away last year, Baby Zappa stepped up and took care of Patrick. I added Callie last year to form another trio. Patrick seemed to be happy with his little harem, even though he lost his top-bun status after Luna passed.

I found a few of my favorite pictures of Patrick that I would like to re-post here.

Patrick with the love of his life, Luna...

P5200914-1.jpg

Patrick with a dirty nose after spending time digging divots in the lawn ...:p

P8020363-1.jpg

My most favorite cuddle-pic

PA100660-1.jpg

and my most beautiful Dutch train....

P4181151.jpg

My most beautiful trio....

P4181166.jpg

Patrick, I am at peace with your leaving me even though my heart is breaking for your loss. I know that you are with the love of your life, Luna. I know the two of you will have so much to catch up on... all of the cuddles, binkies, and full-body hugging. You will always be my honey-boy no matter who else may enter my life. You were mine until I shared you with Luna. I guess beautiful long ears and a little junk in the trunk could be enough to turn any young male-bunny's head.

Go be with your true love, Patrick. I will end this as I ended Luna's Rainbow Bridge thread....

Patrick & Luna... "i carry your hearts with me, i carry them in my heart"

Binky pain-free at the Bridge my babies. Your sunshine will be missed so much.

Love,

Mom (myheart) :hearts

:sad: Oh Janet, I am so very sad to hear this. You know I loved your 'Train' so much, and Patrick and Luna had something so special between them.

Pat always looked so blissfully happy with his harem, and between their love, and yours, he couldn't have wanted for anymore. The only consolation is that he and Luna are together again.

God Bless, Patrick. you will be missed so much. You'll never be forgotten :(

Jan

Thank you so much every one.

I was about to start on night-time salads, when I realized that I'll be making one less bunch of greens for the first time. I'm not sure I'm going to like this....

Zappa and Callie seem to be doing okay, but I think they miss Patrick more than I really know. I know rabbits will hang out on their own at times, but I haven't seen the girls together too much this evening. I've seen Callie in Patrick's cage quite a bit, and Zappa has been sitting behind the chair in the living room, which is the place Patrick spent his last night.

The girls did get to spend time with Patrick after he passed. Callie spent time grooming him, and Zappa took some time to be near him. I was very surprised at how much time they spent with him. My Siamese mix actually layed down next to him for a bit. I have some very nice pictures of my kids saying good-bye. I will always remember how much those few moments touched me because I won't be the only one grieving for Patrick. I have some very wonderful kids. :bunnyheart

Janet, the title of the thread made my heart sink. I don't think I've ever cried for a forum bunny, until now. I'm so sorry for your loss. For Callie and Baby Zappa's loss as well. I'll take comfort in knowing that handsome man Patrick is with his honey bun Luna. To be honest, Patrick and Luna's bond is what inspired me to be a courageous bunny mom and find the perfect someone to love my Kirby. Though I've never met them, it hurts to know they are gone. The pictures of your treasured trio are really the stuff of dreams. I just don't know what else to say. :cry4:

Oh, no. This just broke my heart when I read it. He was a beautiful boy who loved sweet Luna so much. They were very special not only to you but to me as well.

I know there are no words to help but you have to know that you gave them the best in life and they loved you back so much.

:dutch :anotherbun

Thank you so much Helen, Ali, andPennie.All of the nicecomments mean so much to me.

It is so touching to know that so many others cared about my Patrick and Luna. I know Patrick grieved so much for Luna when she left us. Now I think Zappa and Callie will need time to adjust to not having their man around. Patrick was so good to them; grooming them and cuddling withthem.

I remember walking into the bunny room one evening to find Callie with her head resting on top of Patrick's head. I so started to cry because that was what Luna used to do all of the time when they cuddled. Patrick looked so happy and content with Callie sitting like that. I couldn't have been happier for my little man. That felt like the turning point to me... that Callie was going to fit in after all. The only thing is that this happened just a week or two ago. Just not enough time for me to enjoy the closeness of their bond for very long.

This is the part I hate.... the part when little things set off the memories and then the crying starts. It's worse when it happens in public and I have no where to hide until it passes. Broken hearts are the worst...

I am so sorry, Janet. Such a special bunny, so loved and so lucky to be adopted by you. I can't say anything to make you feel better, I know. He had the best life any bunny could have and he loved you very much. I hope you and the girls are doing ok.
:bunnyhug:

Binky free, Patrick, with your Luna again at last.
:rabbithop:rabbithop

I'm really glad I got to know Patrick and see him over the last two years. He was such a wonderful dutchie boy and the classic dirty old man. James and my nephew Patrick send their condolences.

You know how to get a hold of me. I always have an ear to listen and a shoulder to cry on.

Oh Janet my heart sank when i read the title.I am in tears writing this.

I'm so sorry your Handsome Boy Patrick went to the Rainbow Bridge:rainbow:.

Binky Pain Free Patrick and do lots of cuddles with your Bunny Wife.

You will be missed by many but especially by your Mommie.

Susan:bunnyangel2:

Pernod, Patrick and Luna (and dear Zappa) have always made me want a Dutch. The love you've shared with us through them has always warmed my heart. I look forward to owning a Dutch someday, and it's bunnies like yours that have made me love them so much!

Thank youfor the nice comments and sympathies.

Patrick was my anchor bunny in the house. He seemed to keep things moving along because all I had to do was look at his face to know what time it was. There was always the look he would give me that just asked, "Where is my snack? Don't you know what time it is?" I am so happy that he had that look on his face Thursday morning. I told him it wasn't Sunday (apple-snack day). But who could possibly resist the look? So I told every-bun that they needed to thank Patrick for the extra snack-day.

Now, there just isn't that urgency. No-bun looks at me with that expectant face. I'm not used to that. I've always had some-bun telling me what to do and when. Zappa's face is too cute to be demanding, and Callie is too new to the household to be demanding. This will take a lot of adjusting on all of our parts. Patrick really was the head of the household after Luna left us....

I so miss my trio....

Back