The New TRUTH Plan

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The female cannot become pregnant after a spay, but she will still act hormonally for a few weeks. Males act hormonally and are still fertile at least 6 weeks after a neuter.

[align=left]So I need to vaccinate Dippy and Fluffball first, then get them speutered?
[/align]

Bunnys_rule63 wrote:
Becca wrote:
[align=left]So I need to vaccinate Dippy and Fluffball first, then get them speutered?
[/align]
Yes, definitely.:)
Okay, I'll get mum to phone the vet tonight.

Becca wrote:
Bunnys_rule63 wrote:
Becca wrote:
[/align]
Yes, definitely.:)
Okay, I'll get mum to phone the vet tonight.
You might haveto be carefull with fluffball though if you suspect she is pregnant. i am not sure if it's recommended to vaccinate pregnant animals. Maybe this is also an opportunity to ask the vet to confirm the pregnancy so that you know where you stand. I can't imagine the vet charging you if you can't vaccinate Fluffball because she's expecting. Just take the two to the vet together

polly wrote:
They will not vaccinate pregnant does
Okay then, shall I take Dippy first then?

Or should I just wait until she's 'given birth' if she is pregnant. Or take them both and see if the vet will palpate her?
Because then if she isnt the vet could do her vaccination too.

I'd take them both, and mention that you have just 'found out' (maybe you could say your sister just told you) that she is probably pregnant but seeing as you had booked you brought her along anyway for advice? That way, they won't charge you for consultation seperatley...

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

Ya you could bring her too and her palpated, she has what, a week and a half till their born if preg? have you noticed her getting bigger or anything?

Oh I just read your confession, I think it's great that you came out and just said it since I, and it seems lot's of others knew it was on purpose because of all the pop-up friends you had asking about breeding, I was wondering why the mods said nothing lol. It was why I had been so mean to you, it just bugs me when people just don't tell the truth lol. People here might have lost a little respect to you but I have gained respect for you, I think it was really brave of you to come out and say it instead of stringing the members on. Well done you! :biggrin2:

irishbunny wrote:
I was wondering why the mods said nothing lol.
In case you missed my post in an earlier thread....here is part of it..

it was decided that since Becca had come clean to us - it was best to try and let things die down.
One of my concerns - as a moderator - was about how people would view her on the forum. I knew I had lost respect for her because of what I knew - but she is young and I wanted her to be able to stay without having every post scrutinized or having other members feel about her the disappointment I felt.
This is one reason why I was in agreement that it was enough (for now) that the moderators knew about this.
It is not that the moderators didn't care about the forum as a whole - but it is that we felt like Becca had tried to make things right by coming to us. To me, it felt like the whole thing was a "done deal" and it was best to forgive and move on.
To those members who may feel like we moderators let you down - I want to apologize personally.
It was not our attempt to cover up stuff as much as it was an attempt (on my part at least) to keep a younger member from being hurt by others due to some stupid actions on her part.

your welcome! :Dyour bunny babies will be veeerrrryyy cute! If she's preg I want lot's of pics! :p

TinysMom wrote:
irishbunny wrote:
I was wondering why the mods said nothing lol.
In case you missed my post in an earlier thread....here is part of it..

it was decided that since Becca had come clean to us - it was best to try and let things die down.
One of my concerns - as a moderator - was about how people would view her on the forum. I knew I had lost respect for her because of what I knew - but she is young and I wanted her to be able to stay without having every post scrutinized or having other members feel about her the disappointment I felt.
This is one reason why I was in agreement that it was enough (for now) that the moderators knew about this.
It is not that the moderators didn't care about the forum as a whole - but it is that we felt like Becca had tried to make things right by coming to us. To me, it felt like the whole thing was a "done deal" and it was best to forgive and move on.
To those members who may feel like we moderators let you down - I want to apologize personally.
It was not our attempt to cover up stuff as much as it was an attempt (on my part at least) to keep a younger member from being hurt by others due to some stupid actions on her part.

Oh ok, I think that was the best thing to do!

I'm proud of you for coming clean, that took a lot of courage on your part.

ETA: I had a "hug" smiley but it dissappeared :? I'll try this one! :hug:

RexyRex wrote:
I'm proud of you for coming clean, that took a lot of courage on your part.

ETA: I had a "hug" smiley but it dissappeared :? I'll try this one! :hug:

In a min I'm going to phone the vet becuase mum keeps saying in a minute :grumpy:

I just found your confession. I think that was truly selfish and rude to people and your rabbits. You shouldn't have done that just for babies and then lied. I am glad that you learned your lesson and you NEED to neuter Dippy and Ben as soon as possible. Because you don't want more babies, mistake or not.

I hope that if Fluffball is pregnant she has a healthy litter and that they all find good homes.

if Fluffball goes past her due date by several days and you gently feel her and feel nothing and you still haven't gotten the boys fixed i'd do her first, it would help insure that she wouldn't possibly get preggers again:).

LadyBug wrote:
if Fluffball goes past her due date by several days and you gently feel her and feel nothing and you still haven't gotten the boys fixed i'd do her first, it would help insure that she wouldn't possibly get preggers again:).
Good idea Ladybug!

Latest posts

Back