The new men in my life...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats. They are adorable! Do they make a rucus everytime the fridge door opens yet? Whenever I pigsit for my sister's pig, opening the referigerator door (on the opposite side of the house) would result in a chorus of "weeking". Soo cute!

My sister gives hers Oxbow vitamin C tablets for Guinea pigs a few times a week. You may want to check into those if you don't eat a lot of vitamin c rich veggies.

Kirst3buns, I will check into the Oxbow C tabs. I think they are getting enough veggies and fruits, but I guess one never knows. Could I overdose them on C though? Or would it be something their bodies would get rid of if they are already getting enough?

Oh, and yes about the fridge opening up. They know enough to wait for the veggie bags to crinckle prior to wheeking though. They are such smart little piggies!!!:p

Mouse_Chalk, I know I could get a bunch of pigs from the same situation for you if you want. They really are fun. There does seem to be a progression sometime to other critters. I also think a chinchilla would be fun with those big ears and little faces....

myheart

You can't overdose a critter on Vitamin C. Whatever they don't need they just eliminate from their system.

"Pigtures" really made me giggle!

And chinchillas are CHINTASTIC! I have seven of them, and ran a chin rescue for four years. I can teach you all about them if you ever acquire one :)

Annie

myheart wrote:
Bo B Bunny wrote:
Don't they have cute butts?! I miss George (aka PIG) so much sometimes! He always purred and stretched out on me. He loved his little head rubbed.

With all of the stuff you have to take care of Bo B, how did you ever find time to have quiet piggie-time?

Is the purr kind of like a bunny tooth-purr? I was only able to get Zappa to do that once. I always wondered what tooth-purring was until I heard her. That is a sound of contentment! :p

myheart

Piggies make a sort of cooing rumble in their throats.Sometimes it'sa sign they are .... ermmm..... *really happy* if ya know whadImean...... LOL! Sometimes it's just "ohhh I love my human!" and other times if they get scared they might do a short one..... and then there's the FWEEEEEP! LOL! Love piggies!

Pig and I had to have time - we snuggled and talked and watched tv together. AND Clover - who hates everyone - ADORED Pig!

Bo B Bunny wrote:
...Pig and I had to have time - we snuggled and talked and watched tv together. AND Clover - who hates everyone - ADORED Pig!

Isn't that funny how Clover picked a piggie over any other rabbit?!!! Maybe she sense he was less of a threat to her. :ponder: Reguardless, at least she had a little friend for a bit. Maybe Clover should pick out another piggie to be her buddy... :?:p

myheart

I've thought about it. I don't know....... she liked Bo for a time.... then she started kicking the crap outta him LOL!

What cute little piggies. I have only one called Rusty and I'd love a companion for him but I always thought two males would fight?

Sabine wrote:
What cute little piggies. I have only one called Rusty and I'd love a companion for him but I always thought two males would fight?

From what I understand, if they are bonded early enough they should be okay unless something happens during pig-puberty. All I noticed with my guys is that they tend to pull the "I'm the bigger pig" on each other, but no fights have come of it. They just do a lot of posturing and chuttering at each other until the other backs down. It seems to change as to who is in charge for the day and how much play-time they get (tired piggies are good piggies :p).

myheart

myheart wrote:
Sabine wrote:

From what I understand, if they are bonded early enough they should be okay unless something happens during pig-puberty. All I noticed with my guys is that they tend to pull the "I'm the bigger pig" on each other, but no fights have come of it. They just do a lot of posturing and chuttering at each other until the other backs down. It seems to change as to who is in charge for the day and how much play-time they get (tired piggies are good piggies :p).

myheart
rusty is eight months already. there's probably no hope for him finding a friend:(

I don't know Sabine.... Perhaps other more pig-savvy folks will chime in on that one.Or perhaps, check thesite that angieluvmentioned for guinealynx. Lot's of useful information there. I can't believe some of those pig-runs people set up--just crazy sort of piggie-fun. :p

Harley and Victorwere already bonded when I took them home. All I knew was that I had to keep an eye on them at puberty to make sure they did notshow fighting signs of agression. They passed with flying colors!!! :D

myheart

You are so lucky to have a bonded pair. I am half afraid to join a piggie forum as I may never get of the computer then:biggrin2:

Sabine wrote:
You are so lucky to have a bonded pair. I am half afraid to join a piggie forum as I may never get of the computer then:biggrin2:

LOL... I would be too afraid to hear of all the things I am doing wrong for them...!! Just not sure I could handle that type of pressure from piggie-people. :?

Bunny-people have a very "gentle nature" about telling you that you are doing everything wrong, but to try this instead. :D

myheart

myheart wrote:
Sabine wrote:

LOL... I would be too afraid to hear of all the things I am doing wrong for them...!! Just not sure I could handle that type of pressure from piggie-people. :?

Bunny-people have a very "gentle nature" about telling you that you are doing everything wrong, but to try this instead. :D

myheart
Hmm maybe that's why I am more a bunny person than a piggie person. It did take me quite a while to warm to him

Back