The new men in my life...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myheart

Reaction score
I have been quite remiss in making a thread for them as they have been in my home sinceNovember 2008. They were a rescue from a "not good" situation. This is my first time with piggies, so forgive me if I do not know all of the pig-jargon out there.

Anyhow, here are my handsome guys.... btw -- Harley is the black/orange guy, and Victor is the tri-colored...

Little pig lips... (smooch!!!)

P1040876-1.jpg

P1040877-1.jpg

"More flashy stuff....?!!!"

P1040878-1.jpg

"Psst.... Jail-break today?"

P1040879-1.jpg

Piggie nose smooches.... (awe....)

P1040880-1.jpg

Strike a pose.... :p

P1040881-1.jpg

On this particular day, I was treated to a pig-binky. I did not know, until I visited a pig-site, that a pig-binky is a popcorn (lol). :?I was so thrilled to have witnessed my piggies being happy. On Saturday, I was talking with my sister who used to have pigs at some point, and I had to walk away from the piggies because they were being so darn cute that I kept describing what they were doing instead of actually holding a conversation.

I cannot let them out for free-run time other than in an exercise pen because of my cats, and because I am sure pig-proofing is a bit different from bun-proofing a room. So if any one has any piggie tips to share with me, they would be much appreciated.

For now, I am just lovin' their little faces and how their butts rock back and forth when they are trying to be the big guy in front of the other one. They really do have the cutest little behinds....:pOMG...and the "weeking"!!! How do they know when it is snack-time?!!!! I am surprised the bunnies have not caught on to the fact that snacks come around shortly after the weeking starts. Loud lil' boogers...LOL ;)

myheart

OMG such cute pigs; they are darling
make sure that they get vitaminC veggies as they cannot produce their own vitamin C and can develop scurvy ( I'm sure that you already know that ....but I saw pigs with scurvy and it was awful :()

Thanks for the compliment angieluv. Yes, Iheard about the scurvy thing after they arrived. My first thought was, "Not something else to worry about!!!" They seem to enjoy the Oxbow Cavy food, which Naturestee says is a good food because Oxbow adds some C to the food.They are alsomore than happy to eat blueberries, cranberries, and apples, aside from the greens. They are so cute when it is berry-time... they know to put their little noses up the the cage wires to take the berries ever so gently. :p

If you are able to think of other sources of C, I would be happy to add it into their diet if I am not feeding it already.

myheart

p.s. "WHEEEEEK!!!!"

FINALLY!

How long have I been waiting for these pigtures? Those are some gorgeous piggies. I love any critter thats orange and black but those two are so cute! Especially Harley! *faints*

naturestee wrote:
FINALLY!

How long have I been waiting for these pigtures? Those are some gorgeous piggies. I love any critter thats orange and black but those two are so cute! Especially Harley! *faints*

Pigtures....LOL :biggrin2:

Harley is a cutie!!! He is also a little heavier than Victor is. How do I tell if they are too fat, or out of normal pig size? Do I have to weigh them on a food scale or something? I don't think I overfeed, but you know me....

myheart

btw... adventurous/naughty Luna pics on her thread and more trio pics coming soon

OMG They are both so adorable!! I've had piggies before. My favorite was Mocha. He was my love bug. He LOVED just sitting up on my shoulder and whispering sweet nothings in my ear. LOL

LolaGirl wrote:
... My favorite was Mocha. He was my love bug. He LOVED just sitting up on my shoulder and whispering sweet nothings in my ear. LOL

Awe.... now I am really jealous! They only talk to me a little bit when I take them to their playpen and back. It seems to range from being cussed at for taking them out of the safety of their cage, to sleepy-pig sounds when they return to their cage after play-time. But I would really love sweet-nothings in my ear.....:p Too cute.

myheart

slavetoabunny wrote:
Those are some gorgeous piggies. Are they yours or are you fostering?

Thanks so much for the compliment. They are handsome young guys aren't they....

Harley and Victor are mine forever.I almost wish they could have found a more pig-experienced home, but I am having so much fun with them. I love their little ears and butts. :p

Victor was so full of popcorns today, and Harley was rocking his butt to show off his dominance. I must have stood watching them in the play area for a half hour just mesmerised by their antics.

I should probably take them in for a health-check soon to be certain they okay with teeth and other pig-things. :?Do pigs only go in once a year if no problems are found? Won't they be happy with me for taking them to the vet?!!!! ;)

myheart

Don't they have cute butts?! I miss George (aka PIG) so much sometimes! He always purred and stretched out on me. He loved his little head rubbed.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Don't they have cute butts?! I miss George (aka PIG) so much sometimes! He always purred and stretched out on me. He loved his little head rubbed.

With all of the stuff you have to take care of Bo B, how did you ever find time to have quiet piggie-time?

Is the purr kind of like a bunny tooth-purr? I was only able to get Zappa to do that once. I always wondered what tooth-purring was until I heard her. That is a sound of contentment! :p

myheart

Aww they are so adorable and so shiny! I had gp's when I was young they were such great pets.

I take care of gp's when my clients go away and they feed them carrots, parsley, tomatoes and sometimes spinach and of course pellets.

slavetoabunny wrote:
myheart wrote:
Harley and Victor are mine forever.
Well then, congratulations on your new additions! They are extremely handsome boys.

Thanks Patti!! I am sure that the person who helped me get them into my guardianship will peek in on the thread and be elated to see all of the wonderful things people are saying about them. :D

There are just too many small and furry critters to save. :(

myheart

Pigtures? That tickled me! :laughsmiley:

They are SO cute! Look how shiny they are! And cuddly!

I don't know much about pigs but I am beginning to like them more and more.... Maybe there are some in my distant future :)

Congratulations :D

Latest posts

Back