The Natty News

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CalifornianKit wrote:
Psst. You know i always have a BEW buck =) a pretty nice one at that
:winksounds like a very nice offer. If we get the chance to meet I'll be sure to bring her along. Thanks. :)

lelanatty wrote:
13125_031124_130000002.jpg
Wow she looks tired after having those babies.

Hi everyone, sorry it's been so long since I have updated. I have thought about it often, but just never found the time, as I have to focus on school and things of that nature.

Top News: New Babies?!?! A very unexpected litter.

Ins & Outs: Rolo the Mini Rex and Oreo the Holland Lop are gone! So I don't have anything but ND's now! Rolo was sold to another youth breeder who is just getting into rabbits and wanted to breed mini rexes. Oreo was sold to a lady who keeps animals for a petting zoo. That was a bit disheartening.

Also, we have some new babies who literally "arrived" here. I came home from school to find a mysterious shoebox on my doorstep. In it were four baby wild rabbits. My grandmother had brought them to me because some kids in her neighborhood found them, and there played out the classic "Oh, these must be abandoned babies" scene. So from my grandmother's country home to mine they came, just like a gift. Bonnie, my only doe who currently has little ones of her own, has graciously tolerated me flipping her over on her back and feeding the babies from her. They are very lively and hardy little critters. Their eyes are open, so I know they are at least two weeks old, and they keep climbing out of the nestbox I put them in. Nevertheless, It will be a fun experience raising them. Here they are:

13125_222152_180000000.jpg

Show News: The show in Seguin was great! Taking comments is great fun!

The next show isn't until December, but I have a very important announcement concerning shows! I have recently joined Young Guns for Texas Rabbit Club, a brand new club devoted to helping new judges get a leg up in the show world, nurturing along new breeders, and all in all having a great time with rabbits.

Breeding News: I have three does bred who are due around Halloween. Stormy will be producing her last litter here, but her two counterparts are just getting into their first litters! I actually doubt that any of them are really pregnant, because two are bred to my ineperienced junior Navasota, and one is very fatty and probably couldn't get pregnant anyway. But we shall see what happens. I don't really need more babies right now, but wanted to get them all bred just to get started. Ifthey aren't pregnant, we'll just have December babies.

I am starting a new linebreeding project! Chocolates! Since I have a chocolate buck and two chocolate colored does, I thought it might be a good idea to try to dabble a bit with linebreeding and see how it works. The chocolate buck who finally has a name- Nicodemus, miss Bonnie the chocolate otter, and that new broken chocolate otter doe whom I named Appaloosa for her spotted coloring will be my Foundation stock for this project. The girls will be bred to other rabbits in-betweens since it takes 6 months fora new generation to develop out, so they will still be contrbuting. Not to mention, Bonnie's current two babies look GORGEOUS! I need to get new pictures of them very soon.

Thanks! Hope you enjoy reading my updates!

Lela

Top News: It's almost Halloween and the bunnies are doing well! I took lots of pictures today, too!

Ins & Outs: Those last "ins" sadly have all gone "out" and to bunny heaven. :(

Since Seguin, no other bunnies have gone in our out. I am trying to decide who I need to sell next.

Show News: Another month before the next show... I don't know how I'll get through it, except to go and stare at Navasota and dream about how he is going to do there. He is getting really beautiful.

13125_301659_410000000.jpg

Breeding News: Bonnie's babies are getting big! They are a month old now.

13125_301848_250000000.jpg

13125_301850_220000000.jpg

Stormy and Cupertina my fat silver marten doe were not pregnant so I bred stormy to her usual "husbun" Martin. Cupertina is not going to be bred again until she loses some weight.Appaloosa still appears to be pregnant. I really hope she is! We should get some very interesting chocolate and black babies. She gets her nestbox on Monday.

:)The rabbitry is doing well.

lelanatty wrote:
Top News: It's almost Halloween and the bunnies are doing well! I took lots of pictures today, too!

Ins & Outs: Those last "ins" sadly have all gone "out" and to bunny heaven. :(

Since Seguin, no other bunnies have gone in our out. I am trying to decide who I need to sell next.

Show News: Another month before the next show... I don't know how I'll get through it, except to go and stare at Navasota and dream about how he is going to do there. He is getting really beautiful.

13125_301659_410000000.jpg

Breeding News: Bonnie's babies are getting big! They are a month old now.

13125_301848_250000000.jpg

13125_301850_220000000.jpg

Stormy and Cupertina my fat silver marten doe were not pregnant so I bred stormy to her usual "husbun" Martin. Cupertina is not going to be bred again until she loses some weight.Appaloosa still appears to be pregnant. I really hope she is! We should get some very interesting chocolate and black babies. She gets her nestbox on Monday.

:)The rabbitry is doing well.
Aww that Blue Otter/Silver Martin is cute as!
there ears are so tiny I hope they stay like that, are you planing on showing any of these two babies at the next show?

They are really cute and I hope their ears stay too. Their big brother Navasota will be showing at the next show, but they won't be quite old enough yet. :)

Top News: Babies due tomorrow and show time again soon!

Ins & Outs: No one has left or come in since last time. I will be selling a few bunnies at the next show though. Hopefully.

Breeding News: Tootsie Roll is due tomorrow! I gave her her nestbox today, thank goodness I finally remembered to check my breeding schedule. BAD RABBIT BREEDER! BAD! She started nesting right away.

Stormy is due on the 28th, so she will get her nestbox in a couple of days, though I think she wanted to steal her next-door neighbor Tootsie's nestbox. I am very excited for another litter sired byHenry. I saw one of his babies out of Stormy the other day when an FFA kid brought it in to have its nails clipped, and it looked great.

I will be breeding Navidad soon since she will be 6 months old!

Show News: Only two more weeks until the next show right in my hometown. I am excited to FINALLY get to show my awesome baby Navasota again. He is looking amazing these days.

I have been thinking...

I recenlt saw something called a Vlog. (video blog)
I have heard aboutthem before but never really considered doing on myself before. I think it might be a good way for me to be able to blog every day easily, without having to sit down and type out something, even though I know it is good for me to practice typing. It will also help a lot with actually getting images for you all to see.

I think I will try this very soon.

Picture of the babies :)

I am so excited to see how they will turn out! I just need a girl baby, and Henry made some good girl babies last time with Stormy.

13125_271731_120000000.jpg

Great News! More babies!! Stormy had her babies right on schedule! Two blue and three black Otter/Martens!Some may actually be solids but I can't really tell from the pic and don't want to bother them again. :biggrin:

13125_281558_030000000.jpg

I will need a doe from this litter too to finally replace stormy after the 5 or so litters she has already had for me. I hope at least one of them turns out good this time, I could sure use another one as good asLlano.

The third and fourth babies look like Black/chocolate Otters :) but im probably wrong lol

T.A Bunnies wrote:
The third and fourth babies look like Black/chocolate Otters :) but im probably wrong lol
There is no chance of them being chocolate. It's just not in their genetics. I think they would be much lighter as babies is they were chocolates too. And you can't tell whether they are otters or martens until they get their fur in, but yes they definitely are tan pattern. I will pull them all out again soon and let you know how many of each there are :)

I went to a show yesterday and today! It was great seeing a bunch of people from the bunny forum there!

Top News: TRBA Benefit Show! Lots of things happened!

Ins & Outs: Lots of outs and a new in!

These are the bunnies I said goodbye to today:

Coleto - he will be a pet! A nice young man wanted him. yay!

Appaloosa - She should be a new addition to a petting zoo, perfect job for her. She is a sweetie.

Nicodemus

Navidad

Catfish - He has been sold to my good friend Aspen, whose Silver Marten buck died, so he gets to be the replacement :) (he is actually a lot older than in this picture)

Cupertina

Eris - has been sold back to her original owner to be bred again.

And there is one new addition! This is M&J's P3, I named him Puppy. He is a black Holland Lop, and is about 4 months old.

13125_042115_250000000.jpg

His previous owner left him in the same cage as his brother for far too long, and as you can see from the white spot on his back, he got chewed a bit. The fur is growing back.

13125_042115_410000000.jpg

He is my "lap bunny" haha. I won him in a raffle at the show, untintentionally... :) but he is a very sweet little guy.

13125_042115_550000000.jpg

He decided he wanted to get on the computer and survey the list of all the bunnies he will now be living with. :)

Show News:

2010 TRBA Benefit Show Results:

I showed Navasota, Black Otter ND Sr. Buck in all three shows.

12/3/2010 Placed 5th out of 9

12/4/2010 Show A placed 6th out of 10, Show B placed 5th out of 10.

This is pretty good, and it really gives me an idea of where I am in comparison to other ND breeders. There usually aren't that many rabbits in the same class. Whoever won the otter senior buckclass for each showgot a leg!

Next weekend we are going to Cleburne! I think I will just be taking comments and looking for bunnies to buy! I don't see any point in showing Navasota anymore since I already know his flaws and faults. But then again, why shouldn't I? I need to keep working with him, because he wasn't exactly the best at setting himself up today. I think next weekend I will try to show and take comments, both. One sweet rabbit won't be trouble for one of my bunny buddies to put up for me. :)

Breeding News: I will be breeding him soon, though I am not sure to who yet, because actually the only doe that I have available to breed now is Bonnie. Hmmmmmmm I wonder if that would be a good idea. Probably not. I don't want pinched HQ anywhere else in my herd. I guess I will have to find hima girlfriend next weekend at Cleburne! That should be fun. There is a specific breeder that I need to talk to who I know will have something for me.

That's all for now...

Lela :)

Navasota Is getting better at every show :) you should defently show him in Cleberne its worth a try.
Puppy is so cute, he looks like hes got a few white hairs tho which I think is un showable.

Back