The Natty News

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lelanatty

Natty Dwarfs Rabbitry
Reaction score
Hello Everyone! These are the Natty Dwarfs! All photos in this post were taken today August 16, 2010. I apologize for the photo quality, working on getting a better camera.

Matin is in a bad molt.

13125_162347_470000001.jpg

Mister Henry the shy one

13125_162347_470000002.jpg

Miss Bonnie bunny

13125_162347_470000003.jpg

Tootsie Roll with a nestbox she probably won't need

13125_162347_480000004.jpg

Santee and her baby Navidad

13125_162349_420000000.jpg

Stormy and a couple of her current babies

13125_162349_420000001.jpg

Oreo the Holland Lop

13125_162349_420000002.jpg

Rolo the Mini Rex

13125_162349_420000003.jpg

Navasota my show prospect, Bonnie's son

13125_162349_430000004.jpg

A project baby, I'll let his new owner, an FFA kid, name him

13125_162350_570000000.jpg

Chocolate buck who needs a name! Any suggestions???????????????????????? :)

13125_162350_570000001.jpg

Trinity, the old man, my first rabbit, and a true silver marten.

13125_162350_570000002.jpg

That's all the bunnies I have currently! There will be many many ins and out here and i'll keep you updated on all of those.

I will really try to blog daily, but I may not always be able to. That's all for now, please make suggestions to name the chocolate buck :biggrin:

Great Blog! Your bunnies are sooo cute!!!
I can't wait to see updates and everything! :)
And wow, that chocolate buck is beautiful, I just LOVE chocolate in bunnies, as far as names go...

-Zak
-Adrian
-Tristan
-Joslyn
-Gavin
-Diego
-Julian
-Rimmie
-Leo
-Riley

That's all I have right now, if you need more let me know.

Thanks for the name suggestions Whiskerz, and thanks for encouraging me to make this blog! It was about time I got into a different part of the forum. :biggrin:

Today in Natty Dwarfs Rabbitry, most of the day I was away. I had to go to a training with my mother because I took my senior photos today and both were in the same city. When I finally got home after spending some time with my goats and feeding them as well, I got home and fed the buns. Everyone is doing good. Tomorrow I am going to do a little posing work with Navasota and his half brother, play with Navidad for a while and sex Stormy's babies. I have been making guesses for a while but I will finalize it tomorrow. Hopefully I will be able to take some good pictures of all of my babies. :)

Today is anothe relaxing day before senior year starts. I determined the sexes of stormy's babies. Two bucks and three does. all three does are big uglies and the two boys are smaller. what a coincedence... not really. It seems strange to me but that seems to happen a lot.

You wanted pictures, but i've got something better. a video of all the babies and their mom. :biggrin2:

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/4I_s_rjnG1E&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

School starts monday! I am very excited to finally get senior year started and get going on school again so the boring summer will be over and I can get this highschool business over with and go to college! :biggrin:

Sorry no pics today, and for some reason I forgot all about what I was supposed to be doing today in terms of bunny business, and I will certainly do it tomorrow!

GREAT NEWS!!!! (and bad news)

Tootsie Roll is actually pregnant! I palpated her and it feels like she's got one kit. Which kinda sucks. But hey, at least we can finally get her going with having babies again after being out of it for about 4 months.

Now for the bad news (with more good news)... I think I am going to have to get rid of half of my rabbits because they are what we call "seal marten" and they are not the color that they are suposed to be. This would include Henry, Tootsie Roll, Santee and Navidad. The color genes that they carry are not what I am aiming for. I really hate to have to do this, but in the interest of bettering my herd, I believe it is necessary.

Now, the good news that will come out of that is that I get to get more rabbits! I will start a new project where I get some Chinchillas and some Otters and breed them together to make some good silver martens that I can actually use. Luckily, my buck Martin is saved by the little hair on his chin, haha pun, because he is actually a black silver marten, but he does carry that bad gene that I don't want. It shouldn't show up though.

Today was rabbit cage cleaning day! It is a lot of work but it is also fun. I do it every sunday.

13125_221543_080000002.jpg

Today I also helped out Oreo, who is in a huge molt, to get some of that pesky old fur off of him. This is what my grooming table looked like after I was done and the next picture is of him chillin' out afterward.

13125_221543_080000001.jpg

13125_221543_080000000.jpg

And the last picture of the day is my darling doe Stormy doing the dead bunny flop and her babies laying down and trying to keep cool too.

13125_221543_080000003.jpg

Okay im in love with Oreo. The breeder i got my Cali doe from breeds them and i ALMOST got one from her... but im low on cages now as it is so no more bunnies until i can get a LOT more cages :biggrin2:

CalifornianKit wrote:
Okay im in love with Oreo. The breeder i got my Cali doe from breeds them and i ALMOST got one from her... but im low on cages now as it is so no more bunnies until i can get a LOT more cages :biggrin2:

Oreo isa real sweety pie. I love him to pieces and am going to be really sad when he finds a new home. Hopefully I will be ablesneak ina replacement for him.

To be honest, he is nothing more than an FFA bunny, and is lacking in a few key places todo wellat ARBA shows. His head is very tiny, his ears are more folded looking than they should be, and I think his crown isn't very good. He does have a good body though, aside from being very fine-boned for a Holland.

:biggrin:Hollands are a lot of fun and I want to have some someday.

T.A Bunnies wrote:
That chocolate looks like a guinea pig lol
are you going to breed that one?
Yes I will be breeding that one to Bonnie and then get a buck from there to breed to Stormy and hopefully make some Lilacs.

More New Bunnies! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

We've got three new little bundles of joy from Tootsie Roll and Martin!

The Proud Mama

13125_272338_530000000.jpg

Three beatuiful black silver marten babies

13125_272338_530000001.jpg

Also, new pics of the babies I already have are going to be posted on my web site very soon! I can't believe it has been so long aready!!

Also, I clipped Santee's nailstoday and she did "the dead bunny" for me so I just had to take a picture.

13125_272342_470000001.jpg

:biggrin:Hope you like the new pictures!

Yep. I updated my web site today too. New pics of everybody. Basically they are just the ones I posted in my critique thread. Which not many people have responded to...
But today was another good day. I cleaned the cages and all the bunnies are doing well.

Awesome pics! The babies are so cute! This is why I don't breed, I would have a million bunnies everywhere because I couldn't get rid of any lol :)

Thanks for updating!!!

p.s Liam is doing wonderful!

Navasota color has urned out great! looks like a promising wee buck. Is he a junior for show?

Whiskerz wrote:
Awesome pics! The babies are so cute! This is why I don't breed, I would have a million bunnies everywhere because I couldn't get rid of any lol :)

Thanks for updating!!!

p.s Liam is doing wonderful!

Thanks. :) It is hard to get rid of such cute babies, but you get used to it after a while.

Glad to hear that Liam is doing well and I hope your other two boys are well too.

Latest posts

Back