The most horrible noise :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:nerves1

It sounds like it's a very horrible noise to hear. :(I hope I don't ever have to hear a rabbit scream. I would probably start crying if I did.

I'm sorry you had to hear one scream Tracy. :hug2:

-Karlee

I've heard it once and it was plenty. A guy came to look at the rabbits. He said he was taking the does down for his daughter... he paid me and took they and the little boy he was with started carrying one by one hind leg... of course she was screaming.

I intercepted, took the rabbits back and said goodbye.

And as of now, I sell absolutely no pets.

It's enough to change your whole outlook.

When I made the video about Parker (bunny dumped in a park) and his ear mite treatment, I left the scream in. I figure people need to know that it HURTS DAMMIT! While editing the video I'd either skip that part or turn off the audio track.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoZgnAE7LAY[/ame]

Flashy wrote:
I was just watching Zoo Vet At Large and he had a bunny with flystrike on. I heard the noise I never ever wanted to hear. The bunny was screaming :( It's a horrific noise and something I never EVER want to hear again. Now I want to cry :cry2

It's so traumatic!!

We've heard it a few times. The most awful time was when Barney was dying last year and he couldn't breathe. He was so scared. When he screamed, my big tough 16 year old started to cry along with the rest of us (who'd already been blubbering for 20 minutes by then). :cry2It was horrible!!! He died a few minutes later, mercifully, as he was suffering for that few minutes. We would have had to do an impromptu euthanization (I don't even want to think about HOW), if he had continued any longer than that.

Flashy, I hope you (and the rest of us!) never hear that again!!

It really is the most horrible noise ever. It just breaks your heart to hear it!

I have heard it a few times, Jenny my first English Spot doe did a big binky once and accidentally bashed her eye on the corner of a wooden rabbit house thing that was in her run, she looked startled for a second then sat there screaming for about 20 seconds, I just burst into tears!

Jenson wrote:
It really is the most horrible noise ever. It just breaks your heart to hear it!

I have heard it a few times, Jenny my first English Spot doe did a big binky once and accidentally bashed her eye on the corner of a wooden rabbit house thing that was in her run, she looked startled for a second then sat there screaming for about 20 seconds, I just burst into tears!

OWWW!! I would scream, too.

It is a terrible sound, for some reason it really rips out your heart when you hear it.

I've heard it a couple of times from my own buns. When I had baby bunnies and one of the four week olds got hurt when I was moving the hutch, he screamed then and screamed every time I touched him after that for a few days (I took him to the vet right away, and he was fine a week later).

And I think it was BunBun once screamed when he had escaped and I caught him, he was kind of deaf so I think he thought I was an animal going to eat him.

My friend James is a keen hunter, and one time Mat and I went hunting with James and his dad to hunt goats, but they have a smaller gun for little animals, and they shot a few rabbits. James is a bad shot and he got one bunny on the hind leg, and it screamed and screamed, it was awefull :(

Oh my god. I just made the mistake of watching that video. Yes...I think it's safe to say if I ever heard my rabbits make that noise I don't think I would be able to sleep for a while.

I have heard a rabbit scream a couple of times one was when my old rabbitgot out of hishutch and my dog attacked and killed him. I was right there but couldn'tget to him in time.Needless to say we don't have the dog anymore. The second time was a few weeks ago when we tattooed a bunny she screamed for about ten seconds.

I hate the sound, I hope to never hear it again but sadly I'm sure I will.

~Hayley

I agree with everyone that has heard it. It's awful! I heard my first bun do it when we had a leash on him, he gotcaught up in the leash in the driveway and he started flopping about and screaming!:shock::shock:

Never again, which is why I'm quite leary of using leashes at all with buns. I think pens are a much better way to go.:)

Hayley411 wrote:
I have heard a rabbit scream a couple of times one was when my old rabbitgot out of hishutch and my dog attacked and killed him. I was right there but couldn'tget to him in time.Needless to say we don't have the dog anymore. The second time was a few weeks ago when we tattooed a bunny she screamed for about ten seconds.

I hate the sound, I hope to never hear it again but sadly I'm sure I will.

~Hayley
What's tattooing a bunny??:(:?

It's how they makr a bunny for show over in the US. The tattoo goes in the ear. Over here we use rings on the back leg, which might be why you haven't heard of it.

Flashy wrote:
It's how they makr a bunny for show over in the US. The tattoo goes in the ear. Over here we use rings on the back leg, which might be why you haven't heard of it.

Oh my god. Is it just me or does that sound...brutal? No wonder the rabbit screamed. So it it like branding a cow? (I don't agree with that either lol)

It's a curdling sound. I used to have some babies though that would just SCREAM every day when we picked them up... eventually they got over it and would just scream in the pen when we weren't paying attention...lol... spoiled brats

Thanks Flashy- but I don't actually think I want to know.......I looked up a bit about it yesterday and it boiled my blood just a little bit...

DyemondRabbitry wrote:
It's a curdling sound. I used to have some babies though that would just SCREAM every day when we picked them up... eventually they got over it and would just scream in the pen when we weren't paying attention...lol... spoiled brats
Really? Lol!!! Oh bless them 'STTRROOOKKKEEE MMMEEEE!!!!!'

Oh yeah- spoiled little brats..lol! They're so funny sometimes they just there and squeal then you holler at them and they look at you like "what's your problem??" Of course, the ones in pain are horrible but I've only had it a couple times.

Flick wrote:
When I made the video about Parker (bunny dumped in a park) and his ear mite treatment, I left the scream in. I figure people need to know that it HURTS DAMMIT! While editing the video I'd either skip that part or turn off the audio track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoZgnAE7LAY
This is an absolutely wonderful video about ear mites! I think it should be added to our library!

Latest posts

Back