The Furminator

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhill711

Reaction score
I read a post about someone using this on their bunny. I was wondering which one I would use for my mini lop? They have one for long hair cats and short hair cats? Would I go for the long hair or short hair furminator? At what age do I start using it? She is 10 weeks. Thanks in advance :)

I'm not sure which one I have long hair or short hair.. i think i have the long hair one though. My mini lop has longer hair than my rex, i'll double check when I get home.

I'd go short hair and very slowly and gently like you were brushing a baby's hair. (While using that on say, a lab, is a fairly quick and rough movement). Rabbits have very sensitive skin, so I worry about unprotected metal teeth with my own, however the furninator isn't as painful to put on my skin as say, a slicker brush.

slavetoabunny wrote:
Furminator has a new one out that is especially for small animals. I got one for free at their booth at Blogpaws, but haven't tried it yet.

Wow thats amazing! I have to go back to their site and look for it thank you!:big wink:

[align=center]Does anyone have any reviews on this? I'm trying to steer clear of these "deshedding" tools. A few months ago, a friend of mine, who owns a rabbit used something similar to this and not only did it remove loose hairs but it left the hair in patches and even left cuts on the rabbit.

~Preston[/align]

Latest posts

Back