The Florida-Dutch Crossbreds Have Arrived!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn't be a peanut as both the Dutch and the Florida White do not carry the Dwarfing gene. However, I have heard of breeders using Netherland Dwarfs in their Dutch lines to get the size down. Most likely, just a runt.

Sharon

Thanks Sharon, I didn't think they carried the gene, but I'm not a breeding expert, that's for sure ;)! Runts are still sad, in any case. We hand-raised a runt vietnamese piglet for three months, and he was very touch and go for the first two weeks. However, he survived! We have since adopted him to a good home, because pigs in the house did NOT go over well with my dad, lol :D

All of the babies are doing fine, still. I think they've even got little stubbles of fur coming in! yay. But I have a question. I've not had a litter do this before. All the babies are under mom's fur, but the keep digging, and they're laying on the bottom of the wood nest box. Is this bad that they're doing that? I kept moving the fur underneath them so they could having something soft to lay on, but they keep going down to lay on the board!

It's probably too warm laying on the fur and the wooden board is cooler for them. If the kits do it over and over again, it's probably nothing to worry about, they're regulate their own temperature that way.

Ellie

Latest posts

Back