The difference between

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah yes, and when one talks in UK about the great 'bangs' their hairdresser gave them, they might get a little offended at you talking about your personal relationships so blatently in public :p

I can see where you get the 'bang' from a fringe. Because when you cut a horse's tail straight across its called 'banging' (or you can feather it).

I bet its called something different in the US though! :D

Linz_1987 wrote:
I can see where you get the 'bang' from a fringe. Because when you cut a horse's tail straight across its called 'banging' (or you can feather it).

I bet its called something different in the US though! :D

Yep that would be to bob a horses tail

so what do you call bleachers?

Also how comon is it to eat beans for breakfast there and how do you prepare them?

We dont have bleachers in the UK, we have benches, but they dont go up in levels like bleachers.

Do you mean baked beans? We have baked beans with fried breakfasts someitmes.

Meh my computer went wrong so i had to do it again, but not realizing i had posted it already!

I went to france this past summer (and yes, french is very different from american) in the company of 4 canadian teenagers. the only main difference I saw was pronunciation of words like "car" and "bar".

Ok...I gotta get into this...got a few questions myself now!

What is "Apples and Pears, Stairs"????

Linz_1987 wrote:
LOL yer! Good ol' bum bags!

I think your 'fanny packs' is a better name for them for over here, as I have never yet seen anyone wear it on their bum, but always at the front! i.e Fanny ;)

I have a book about ****ney slang, what some people in england sometimes use.

They are a bit like ' gotta talk to a man about a dog' kinda language.

For example we have "Apples and Pears, Stairs"

But these days hardly anybody uses them!

'Apples and pears, stairs' is just like slang rhyming. But its called Cockney Slang.

" Cockney Rhyming Slang is a variety of idiomatic speech in which a particular word is replaced with a phrase of two or three words which rhymes with it. The slang originated in London...."

Bar of soap - dope

Brighton Pier - queer

Brother and sister - a blister

Rabbit hutch - crotch ;)

They are weird really! And very pointless!

itdoes seempointless but people still use it and it's funny.

you take a pair of related words- the last of the pair should sound like the word you would normally use - then you use the first of the pair to refer to it.

dog = phone (dog and bone)

trouble =wife (trouble and strife)

grass = play (grass and hay)

liza =telly (liza minelli)

bojay wrote:
My friend in Australia says she has several pot plants growing her in house. :shock:

A pot plant in the US is illegal.

Ha ha ha - that's funny - all our grannies grow pot plants here - I'd never thought of the alternative meaning!

LOL Pot plants, thats so funny! A pot plant here is illegal too, its just that they have two meanings. You just need to go to a garden centre and ask for a Pot Plant and they will give you one! LOL

Ive heard a few of you mention a 'futon'... what is one???

Linz_1987 wrote:
LOL Pot plants, thats so funny! A pot plant here is illegal too, its just that they have two meanings. You just need to go to a garden centre and ask for a Pot Plant and they will give you one! LOL

a futon is a couch that folds out into a bed

Linz_1987 wrote:

i think a futon is a couch that folds out into a bed

ooops double posted for some reason:)

Latest posts

Back