The Camera Corner

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JimD wrote:
What distance are you?
Do you use a tripod/stand/brace?
Iused a tripod in our backyard so I wouldn't have to hold the camera while I waited for the birds. The tripod helped with the slower shutter speeds so I can use a smaller aperture for a greater depth of field (more things in focus). I was less than 10 feet from the bushes and stood still while the birds flew in and out.
I used manual focus so I can get thefocus spot onthe bird. An automatic focuswould be uselesswith all the branches in the way.

2vtqnb6.jpg

D300,70-200 zoom, ISO500,spot meter,1/100 of a second, F8, Aperture priority.

Getting home from a Christmas party shoot, I spied a bunny in the alley. If there was more snow on the ground, I would of missed seeing him.

2n3pjn.jpg

The closest camera I had was my older Nikon D200.

D200,70-200 zoom,Auto ISO360,Multi-segment meter,1/250 of a second, F2.8, manual.

azjpjl.jpg

Because I had the camera on Auto ISO, I didn't have to worry about the changing light conditions when I was shooting in manual mode.

D200,70-200 zoom,Auto ISO 100,Multi-segment meter,1/250 of a second, F2.8, manual.

2agus5e.jpg

Of course the rabbit kept his distance every time I moved up on him.

D200,70-200 zoom, Auto ISO100,Multi-segment meter,1/250 of a second, F2.8, manual.

vr4z2g.jpg

Most of the wild rabbits are already white, but this one still had some dark markings on him.

D200,70-200 zoom, Auto ISO 100,Multi-segment meter,1/250 of a second, F2.8, manual.

I got a Gary Fong Whale Tail Flash Diffuser for Christmas. It's a white plastic dome that fits over the flash to diffuse and softenthe light.

With the diffuser, you get a more even lighting, with no bright hot spots. The shadows is greatly reduced.

1zewgw2.jpg

fjkgwi.jpg

1gnmuf.jpg

v4bj4p.jpg

All pictures were taken at the Edmonton Humane Society.

The setting are ... D300,14-24 zoom, ISO400,manual setting,1/250 of a second, F3.5, flash with diffuser.

Aww, look at those sweethearts at the Humane Society :(. Stan, you should see about doing the photos for their adoption page - yours are way better than the ones they use. They show the rabbits off much better.

I love the pictures of the rabbit in the alley :)

Jan

Why is it that I always want to adopt the bunnies you take photos of? I mean - seriously Stan - you find a way to capture their personality with your camera....its amazing.

I wish you'd lived nearby when Tiny was still alive - I'd have some pictures that really captured his big heart.....

I hope you share lots more pictures here...

LuvaBun wrote:
Stan, you should see about doing the photos for their adoption page.
I love the pictures of the rabbit in the alley :)
That wouldn't be too hard, they are so easy to photograph. ;)

2nkur20.jpg

D300,14-24 zoom, ISO640,manual setting,1/50 of a second, F3.2, flash with diffuser.

TinysMom wrote:
Stan - you find a way to capture their personality with your camera....its amazing.
I hope you share lots more pictures here...
Does this look familiar? :)

k12r2o.jpg

D300,14-24 zoom, ISO640,manual setting,1/50 of a second, F3.2, flash with diffuser.

Winter catsoutside ofLuvabun's house.

First outdoor shot with a new lens that I bought today.It is the Nikon 24-70 f2.8 zoom. The sky was overcast, and some shade under the tree. I used the flash diffuser to bring out the highlights.

m90k82.jpg

D300,24-70 zoom, ISO1600,manual setting,1/250 of a second, F7.1, flash with diffuser.

There are now 8 cats living outside of Jan's house. These may be the last pictures of them as Jan is attempting to catch the cats and give them to a lady who lives on an acreage.

2q9mkqs.jpg

D300,24-70 zoom, ISO800,auto setting,1/250 of a second, F8, flash with diffuser.

anylht.jpg

D300,24-70 zoom, ISO800,auto setting,1/30 of a second, F7.1, flash with diffuser.

jgi58m.jpg

D300,24-70 zoom, ISO800,auto setting,1/50 of a second, F7.1, flash with diffuser.

zscwj.jpg

D300,24-70 zoom, ISO800,auto setting,1/30 of a second, F7.1, flash with diffuser.

Because I used the auto setting on my camera, each picture is different due to the lighting conditions.

I'm having a terrible time with red-eye on a couple of pics.

The camera setting didn't help...and I can't seem to fix it.

Any helpful hints?

Here's the one's I'm trying to work with. I'm using ZoomBrowser for editing....

IMG_2434_2.jpg

IMG_2427_2.jpg

JimD wrote:
I'm having a terrible time with red-eye on a couple of pics.
The camera setting didn't help...and I can't seem to fix it.
Any helpful hints?

With any point and shoot cameras like your Canon Powershot A75, red eye is very hard to avoid. The flash is located too close to the lens and the light is reflected straight back. Even the auto red eye reduction has little effect.There must be some program for youto makethe eyes darker.

The only way is to get the flash as far away from the lens if you could. An off camera flash is the best ideal situation (like studio lighting).

33yqd5y.jpg

D200,14-24 zoom, ISO800,manual setting,1/50 of a second, F3.2,no flash.

This is my set up when I took the pictures of all the cats above. The flash is mounted high above the camera away from the lens. The flash shoots straight up into the diffuser which deflects and spreads out and softens the light.

hmmmmm....maybe I can jury-rig a diffuser that can redirect as well.
***grabs tissue paper, tinfoil, and scotchy tape***

It seems to be Mooshu's eyes that do this more that the other buns.
And the ZoomBrowser red-eye fixer program can fix the pics of the others with little or no problem.

I wonder if it may have something to do with her impaired vision?

Here is Pigling Bland, a bunny at the shelter since October 19 who was rescued in a massive surrender of bunnies.

24cb721.jpg

D300,24-70 zoom, ISO800,manual setting,1/160 of a second, F3.5, off camera flash with diffuser.

SOOOSKA wrote:
So sad that she's been their for so long.

Jan has her eye on this one too but she doesn't want another boy. She was saying they should change his name to something else so he would get adopted sooner. He is already neutered, a little shy, but loves to be cuddled.

2pq5dhu.jpg

D300,24-70 zoom, ISO800,manual setting,1/160 of a second, F3.5, off camera flash with diffuser.

:shock::shock: OMG. I've just looked at the Humane Society website and .... HE'S GONE!!!!! Pigling Bland is no longer there:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

Stan, you must have brought him good luck :). I am sooooo happy for him :)

Jan

Latest posts

Back