The Camera Corner

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are a couple of my daughter Thursday. I'm still struggling with the clarity on action shots. Hubby thinks it's probably the lens that is not up to par. He may be right, but I know he spent all his money on the camera body. The lenses will come in time. :)

OpenHouse2007143a.jpg

OpenHouse2007146a.jpg

OpenHouse2007163a.jpg

OpenHouse2007414a.jpg

The pictures are fine. Not too many cameras would be able to take indoor action shots without a flash like you did.
The auto whitebalance did a nice job. I noticed you had ISO 900. Very fast. :D

There are some blur, but that is expected with a 1/30" of a shutter speed.

Here are the same pictures that I darken a bit and add a little sharpening.
You do lose sharpness when you reduce your pictures from 4288 X 2848 to 448 X 298.

8fyuoig.jpg

6ovr5a1.jpg

OK, but how are you taking the action shots of Pebbles doing binkies and running, and still getting such clear shots? Am I doing the settings wrong?

Elf Mommy wrote:
OK, but how are you taking the action shots of Pebbles doing binkies and running, and still getting such clear shots? Am I doing the settings wrong?

Pebbles doing binkies are pictures taken outside with bright sunlight.
To keep the pictures sharp and clear, you need a shutter speed of 1/1000 or more.
That should be no problem with the D300.

The above picture is a Kung Fung Demonstration. Click on the picture.

The settings is almost the same as your daughters pictures but I used a flash to stop some of the action.
ISO 800, 1/30 of a second, F 3.8, with Flash.

Elf Mommy wrote:
And the photo you took ...was that with a flash?

Here are some pictures with direct flash. The flash is pointing straight ahead.

6o4mwbr.jpg

ISO 400, F5.6, 1/30 of a second, flash, D300, 18-200 VR zoom.

The picture is shot in Program mode (I let the camera shoot automatically).
You can see the flash stopped action, but there is camera shake making the picture blurry.
It is the slow shutter speed (1/30ofa second).

6y1vb87.jpg

ISO 400, F5, 1/200 of a second, flash, D300, 18-200 VR zoom.

I set my camera in Manual mode, choosing my own settings.
Everything is sharp and action is stopped.

Here is a hint, try taking all your people pictures with your flash on. Pop up the flash head on the D300, and take a picture.
If the flash is too bright, you can dial down the brightness of the flash. Ask if you need help with that. :)

This was taken Wednesday, February 20/08, which happened to be my Birthday. :D

Itis the Total Lunar Eclipse that occurred around 7:30 pm (MST) and ending around 9:00 pm.
We had a cloudless cold clear night, but a slight haze and the city lights dampen the sharpness of the moon.

nccyuf.jpg

ISO 400, manual exposure, F8, 1/160 of a second, no flash, D300, 70-200 VR zoom.

This photo is exclusive for this thread. I shot it using the multipule program on my camera.

For more moon pictures you can click on the link at the main forum...
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=33230&forum_id=5&highlight=moon

We just got my daughter the Canon Rebel....

.....any opinions?

Looks like a nice camera.
I'd like to "borrow"it for a few days to see what it got under the hood.;)

Here is a picture I took over the weekend. It is a dragon dance at the banquet I attended.

awdnht.jpg

ISO 500, F3.5, 1/100 of a second,bounce flash, D300, 18-200 VR zoom.

Iuse Manual mode, choosing my own settings, so I can control what kind of picture I want to take. The bounced flash eliminates any shadows. I am shooting in RAW so I can do some post processing later.

JimD wrote:
:bump

Any good advice for taking pics of black bunnies?

Takea picture of them with another bunny (non-black) in the picture with them too...

:biggrin2:

JimD wrote:
Any good advice for taking pics of black bunnies?

I am still working on that. Black is so hard to shoot because it absorbs so much light.
To show detail, you would need lots of light.

If your camera has a spot meter, then use that to get a reading off the dark area and use that for your exposure.

Or you could underexpose by 1/2 to 1 stop (close down the aperture)

Or take close ups (trying to fill the frame with the black bunny)

Back