The Babies (3 1/2 Months Old)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dia

Reaction score
I don't know who saw my pictures from when I used to take my Mini Lop babies to work and let them play on the desk....now they are too big for my desk, but still very cute!

blackwhitebaby-2.jpg

This one likes to lay on the bed with me at night.

BlackBay-2.jpg

.....and this one is the trouble maker out of the two.

awwwe they are very cute!

the bunny in the top photo looks very relaxed and chilled out. and the bunny in the second photo looks like he is planning the next mischief but aware that you are watching... so it seems the photos match their personalities!

I didn't see the photos of them playing on the desk at work... how old were they when you got them?

crystal - they were with me from when they were born. I have the parents also. There were five all together, but three of them found homes and I kept the smallest two.

Babies at Work Post

That link should take you to my older post of them when they were tiny and I used to take them all to work with me.

I thought you may have had the parents too but I didn't assume that... the more time I spend on this forum the more I want a baby bunny (and the less time I spend writing my essays). I feel like I would be more bonded to my rabbit if I had had him since he was small.. maybe that sounds horrible, I dont know.

awwwwwwe thanks for the link, those photos are gorgeous. they are the cutest! I don't think I would like to breed rabbits because I could never give them away... and I wouldn't be able to keep them all.

crystal - Most of my rabbits that I have did not come to me as babies. Usually you will get a bunny when they are between 8 and 12 weeks. The other 3 babies were not allowed to go to their new homes until they were 12 weeks.

Some of my other rabbits I got when they were 8 months to 4 years. I think you can bond with a rabbit of any age, but some people prefer a baby. I don't think you would every get a bunny younger than 8 weeks because they need to be with the mother and also they need to be fully eating on their own.

It was hard letting the other three go to their new homes, but that is part of breeding. I also know that they all found good homes.

Dia wrote:
crystal - Most of my rabbits that I have did not come to me as babies. Usually you will get a bunny when they are between 8 and 12 weeks. The other 3 babies were not allowed to go to their new homes until they were 12 weeks.

Some of my other rabbits I got when they were 8 months to 4 years. I think you can bond with a rabbit of any age, but some people prefer a baby. I don't think you would every get a bunny younger than 8 weeks because they need to be with the mother and also they need to be fully eating on their own.

It was hard letting the other three go to their new homes, but that is part of breeding. I also know that they all found good homes.
When I say baby I mean 2-4 months... I don't mean really small, but still growing I suppose. I know that they are meant to stay with their mum until 8 weeks, I have been uncomfortable when I see them for sale at 6 or 7 weeks! I didn't know this until about a month ago though... I'm new to rabbits!

I have also only had my bunny for a week and a half... so I guess we're both still getting used to each other. I know it probably sounds harsh what I said, about bonding, but I guess when they're young and so cute it's easier to forgive them when they go to the toilet on your floor and things like that haha

Latest posts

Back