That little Scamp

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclairemom

Reaction score
So here goes, with the teenage times upon us I decided to start this tread to record Scampers antics. I'll go back in a bit and recap all the fun we have been having since his hormones have taken over his little loppy body.

First off :X:nasty::?I added a 3rd row to his NIC playpen so he couldn't get out. Good thing I shut the door when I dropped Emma off at the bus stop. Opened the door to check on him expecting to see him on his hind legs thumping yes....thumping while standing on 2 legs. What do I find but the little Scamp up in the middle of my daughters bed. Seriously Grrrrrrrr:nope:

Back up plan seems to be working, I just put the barrier around the bed and made sure there was NOTHING he could jump on to clear it. So far so good. Earlier he must have gotten on his cage and jumped over caticorner :?

Rabbits are super smart! And strong! Previously I had a door guard three NIC pannels high, two wide, then two pannels on each side as feet, 10 pannels total. Houdini was able to pull it backwards and get out of the room! Now we use D clips so you need a thumb to move the "door". He will sit and watch how I get in and out, just planning the next escape.

What I find amusing is that if I leave the door open he won't come out and run around. If I unlock it but leave it shut, then walk away, in about 5 minutes he's running around. I tell him he's a naughty boy and he binkies like crazy :)

I hope this works for you, but don't be shocked if you need another iteration. I think our score is about bun 50, humans 1.

Well he didn't seem motivated to get to bed with just the bed blocked off yesterday I guess it was enough to have run of the room.

But here is a little clip with Scamper checking out his options figured he jumped on top of his cage then to the bookshelf the off to the bed when he made his escape.

Sorry for the choppy video I don't know what happened but it took forever to download and then it just cut off.

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u187/tracywcbr/?action=view¤t=SANY0504.mp4

Still keeping Scamper off the bed so that's good. But he bit me again, the little vampire has drawn blood 3 times so far. This time when I was putting his hay in his cage, I guess he hasn't heard not to bite that hand that feeds you :grumpy: Told Emma not to put her hands in his cage that he bit me and she tell me "Well he's been giving me love nips all day" Um yea this was hardly a love nip.

Still keeping Scamper off the bed so that's good. But he bit me again, the little vampire has drawn blood 3 times so far. This time when I was putting his hay in his cage, I guess he hasn't heard not to bite that hand that feeds you :grumpy: Told Emma not to put her hands in his cage that he bit me and she tell me "Well he's been giving me love nips all day" Um yea this was hardly a love nip.

Alrighty then...This goes right to the top of the list of things I never thought I would hear my daughter say.

"I was trying to take a picture of his testicle but he wouldn't let me" :shock:

hahahaha do I dare ask why she wanted a picture of that?

Cute little bunny looks like he's looking for any sort of trouble to get into.

Well Scamper is set to get the snip snip in the a.m. I have to drop him off bright and early and they will keep him all day and make sure he eats after he gets fixed. I hope this helps with his behavior. This is going to be much more $ than I had planned but it's a good use for the Christmas money and I just can't wait till the end of January cause I would go insane. I have Emma's bed blocked off so he can't get to it but the last two days he has started poop marking the rest of her room and has been flinging pee on her. He has been extra aggressive towards me trying to bite me every time I try and care for him luckily he hasn't drawn blood in a couple of days but it wasn't due to lack of trying. Wish us luck tomorrow, hope everything goes smoothly.

Good luck with the neuter! Hopefully it'll help with his hormonal little self. :p

And I was watching the video -- My he can jump high! And what size crate is he in, if you don't mind me asking? I'd love to get Binky something like that.

You gotta see the good side of things: if you ever ned to get a blood test, you don't have to get needles nipping you, it's much cooler to get your blood drawn from a rabbit! LOL

Back